Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Indiana Predictions

Who wins? 61 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Yes they do, but what about that 6-28 performance in the SEC Championship game?

 

They shoot 6-28 from three in the WV game and the Cats are cutting down the nets two years ago.

 

This team is way better behind the arc than that team.

 

I get you're being all doom and gloom, but seriously, if people didn't know any better you'd think the Cats were a 10 or 11 seed by reading your posts.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes they do, but what about that 6-28 performance in the SEC Championship game?

 

Yes, if some worst case scenarios happen then UK could lose.

 

What if IU plays bad? Cats by 30?

They shoot 6-28 from three in the WV game and the Cats are cutting down the nets two years ago.

 

This team is way better behind the arc than that team.

 

I get you're being all doom and gloom, but seriously, if people didn't know any better you'd think the Cats were a 10 or 11 seed by reading your posts.

 

I'm not being doom and gloom. I think Kentucky will win, but I just don't think it will be a blow out.

Here's what concerns me about Indiana. They have a similar makeup to Vandy, who gave us three good games this year. I liken Watford, Hulls & Oladipo to Jenkins, Tinsley & Taylor. There's some athleticism there, combined with solid perimeter shooting. Of course, Zeller is a very good post presnce, ala Ezeli. I just see the two teams in a similar light & I look for this game, on a neutral floor, to go down much like the three games with Vandy did.

 

The major difference that I see between the two is that Indiana seems very susceptible to turning the ball over. That should have cost them the game against VCU, but it didn't. I feel like that's an area we can exploit. But I look for this to be nip-and-tuck until the final television timeout & UK wins by about 5.

And you're assuming the exact opposite of all those things....You're assuming Indiana is red-hot from three again. You're assuming Davis is in early foul trouble again, you're assuming MKG doesn't have a good game, assuming Jones doesn't continue his recent play, etc.

 

If you factor in that pretty much everything broke right for IU in their first meeting and the Cats still had the game won had they knocked down FTs, I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the Cats should win, and do so rather easily.

 

You had the same response I was going to reply to LRCW..

Here's what concerns me about Indiana. They have a similar makeup to Vandy, who gave us three good games this year. I liken Watford, Hulls & Oladipo to Jenkins, Tinsley & Taylor. There's some athleticism there, combined with solid perimeter shooting. Of course, Zeller is a very good post presnce, ala Ezeli. I just see the two teams in a similar light & I look for this game, on a neutral floor, to go down much like the three games with Vandy did.

 

The major difference that I see between the two is that Indiana seems very susceptible to turning the ball over. That should have cost them the game against VCU, but it didn't. I feel like that's an area we can exploit. But I look for this to be nip-and-tuck until the final television timeout & UK wins by about 5.

 

The major difference is everyone of those guys for Vandy, save Ezeli, is much better than their IU counterparts.

 

There isn't a position on the court that UK won't have far superior talent than IU. As long as UK doesn't come out and play awful, like the game in Bloomington, they should win fairly easy.

And you're assuming the exact opposite of all those things....You're assuming Indiana is red-hot from three again. You're assuming Davis is in early foul trouble again, you're assuming MKG doesn't have a good game, assuming Jones doesn't continue his recent play, etc.

 

If you factor in that pretty much everything broke right for IU in their first meeting and the Cats still had the game won had they knocked down FTs, I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the Cats should win, and do so rather easily.

 

 

I'm not assuming anything. The only thing I'm factoring in is that it is two very good basketball teams playing on a neutral floor for the right to advance to the Elite 8. I just can't see it being a blow out.

^You can think it's a "neutral" floor all you want, but everyone who knows college basketball knows that's not even close to being accurate. It'll be 75% UK fans minimum.

The major difference is everyone of those guys for Vandy, save Ezeli, is much better than their IU counterparts.

 

There isn't a position on the court that UK won't have far superior talent than IU. As long as UK doesn't come out and play awful, like the game in Bloomington, they should win fairly easy.

 

I think Hulls is a lot better than Tinsley. Jenkins is no doubt better than Oladipo. But Watford & Taylor are both inconsistent at times. I think it's more a wash. After all, IU is still standing & Vandy has gone home--beaten by Wisconsin at a neutral site by 3 points...the same Wisconsin who beat IU at a neutral site by 8 in the Big 10 tourney (Badgers hit 13 3's in that game).

 

I totally agree that UK is superior at every position. But that was the case with Vandy as well, with the exception of Jenkins vs. Lamb. Yet each game w/ Vandy was close. I just think IU/Vandy are very comparable & we'll see that on Friday night.

^You can think it's a "neutral" floor all you want, but everyone who knows college basketball knows that's not even close to being accurate. It'll be 75% UK fans minimum.

 

 

Indiana fans travel very well also. I don't think it will be anywhere close to 75% UK fans.

Indiana fans travel very well also. I don't think it will be anywhere close to 75% UK fans.

 

It'll be predominantly UK fans. Not sure about 75%. I'd put it at around 65%. Curious to see if the UK/IU faithful pull for Xavier in the first game.

Indiana fans travel very well also. I don't think it will be anywhere close to 75% UK fans.

 

Difference of course being UK fans have been booking their trips and buying their tickets to Atlanta for the past 6-8 months. I'll be shocked if it's not 3/4 UK fans.

It'll be predominantly UK fans. Not sure about 75%. I'd put it at around 65%. Curious to see if the UK/IU faithful pull for Xavier in the first game.

 

Absolutely they will. :thumb:

Here's what concerns me about Indiana. They have a similar makeup to Vandy, who gave us three good games this year. I liken Watford, Hulls & Oladipo to Jenkins, Tinsley & Taylor. There's some athleticism there, combined with solid perimeter shooting. Of course, Zeller is a very good post presnce, ala Ezeli. I just see the two teams in a similar light & I look for this game, on a neutral floor, to go down much like the three games with Vandy did.

 

The major difference that I see between the two is that Indiana seems very susceptible to turning the ball over. That should have cost them the game against VCU, but it didn't. I feel like that's an area we can exploit. But I look for this to be nip-and-tuck until the final television timeout & UK wins by about 5.

Vandy has other bigs to go with Ezeli and IU does not with Zeller.

 

I think they are more comparable to Florida. One major post presence (Young/Zeller) and other than that more perimeter oriented. Undersized point guard (Walker/Hulls), an athletic swing man who likes to hang around the 3 point line (Beal/Watford) and then Oladipo and Boynton are somewhat similar. I don't think they matchup very well with the Cayts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.