Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Indiana Predictions

Who wins? 61 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 113
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 points (4-12 FG) & 7 rebounds. Solid game but hardly stellar.

 

You're absolutely right. Solid but not stellar. I guess it was one of those games where a guy seemed to be better than he actually was.

 

Still, the original point about Oladipo being better than Walker is valid IMO. I checked Walker's stats in 3 games against us--16 pts on 6-28 shooting & 4-16 pt FG's. Those are total numbers.

 

Another point I would make is that while UK did not play incredibly well vs. IU, we did shoot 55.6% from the floor that night & IU shot 43.1%. The difference was at the three point line, where they were 9/15 to our 2/7 & also that Anthony Davis played near his season low in minutes.

^You forgot that UK shot about 60% from the charity stripe.

 

It would take a huge game from IU from the triple, foul trouble on Davis, and a generally poor outing from the Wildcats to give IU a chance at the upset.

 

Is it possible? Sure, but it's also technically possible that Rachel McAdams dumps whatever schmuk she's with and becomes Mrs. UKMF. I'm not holding my breath though. :lol:

^You forgot that UK shot about 60% from the charity stripe.

 

It would take a huge game from IU from the triple, foul trouble on Davis, and a generally poor outing from the Wildcats to give IU a chance at the upset.

 

Is it possible? Sure, but it's also technically possible that Rachel McAdams dumps whatever schmuk she's with and becomes Mrs. UKMF. I'm sure it will happen anytime now, because the ladies generally find me irresistible. :lol:

 

Fixed it for you.

As a former IU fan and the husband of a UK fan, I am going to try my best to remain neutral in this game while watching. I think UK will win the rematch, but as a history guy I'm reminded of a game in Atlanta played in the 1984 NCAA tournament when #4 seed IU defeated #1 seed North Carolina in the Sweet 16. IU was more than outmatched that day on paper with 9 McDonald's All-Americans on North Carolina's team including Michael Jordan, Sam Perkins, Brad Daugherty, Kenny Smith, Buzz Peterson, and Matt Doherty. Somehow, someway, IU pulled out a 72-68 win. I don't ever underestimate any team.

 

 

 

If there is a difference it is that the two had not played each other earlier in the year and that Kenny Smith played with a cast on his arm I believe.

If there is a difference it is that the two had not played each other earlier in the year and that Kenny Smith played with a cast on his arm I believe.

 

I'm sure there are many differences including no shot clock (not until the 1985-86 season, then 45 seconds) and no 3-pt line, although experimented with in several leagues was not used exclusively by the NCAA until the 1986-87 season (then at the top of the key 19' 9" I believe).

Hoosiers take down the #1 team in the country for the 3rd time this year.:cry:

Hoosiers take down the #1 team in the country for the 3rd time this year.:cry:

 

dislike.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.