Trinity 52 Bullitt East 32

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity turned up the D and the 3's finally started falling in the second half. The Trinity pressure seemed to get to BE in the second half. They were grabbing their shorts early on in the 3rd quarter.

Bullitt East had me fooled because in the early goings it looked like they could hang with the Rocks. Neither team however were really burning up the nets in the first half though. It's amazing how not scoring the ball can really catch up with you especially when the other team really starts to.

Interesting that Trinity guarded Willis with their smaller guys.

They possibly did that to keep Duduiene (sp?) out of foul trouble. They have a solid gaurd rotation but Nathan is the backbone of the team. Probably figured they could do with putting one of the gaurds foul trouble. They did a nice job on him though. Struggled with his shot. Think he finished with 13 boards though.

Interesting that Trinity guarded Willis with their smaller guys.

Was really concerned as a UK fan when he committed. Willis can be man handled and has a big deficit in the physicality area. Cal confused me on this one. IMO, he should of had 30 in a losing effort at minimum if he is going to represent BBN. Thought that EKU or WKU was a much better fit.

Was really concerned as a UK fan when he committed. Willis can be man handled and has a big deficit in the physicality area. Cal confused me on this one. IMO, he should of had 30 in a losing effort at minimum if he is going to represent BBN. Thought that EKU or WKU was a much better fit.

I was skeptical at first but I like him. I think he'll be fine. He was playing against D-1 athletes and being asked to carry that team. For his size he has impressive handles and court vision. How many 6'9" kids you know can handle the rock like that? He has a chance to be a decent 4 year contributor. If Wiltjer can get playing time as a frosh I'll be shocked if Willis can't. Plus he is a junior. He needs to hit the weight room though.

I was skeptical at first but I like him. I think he'll be fine. He was playing against D-1 athletes and being asked to carry that team. For his size he has impressive handles and court vision. How many 6'9" kids you know can handle the rock like that? He has a chance to be a decent 4 year contributor. If Wiltjer can get playing time as a frosh I'll be shocked if Willis can't. Plus he is a junior. He needs to hit the weight room though.

Respect your opinion PP, but I think the water in the SEC and beyond is way to deep for him. Lacks the toughness I like to see in a player. Here's to hoping you are right and I'm wrong.

Respect your opinion PP, but I think the water in the SEC and beyond is way to deep for him. Lacks the toughness I like to see in a player. Here's to hoping you are right and I'm wrong.

:lol:

We'll have to remember this conversation. I like the UK player and you aren't sold yet. :lol: I'll admit that I'm a sucker for big men who can handle the rock. If he gets better, as he should, I think he'll have a solid college career. I look forward to seeing him this summer on the AAU circuit.

Willis has a tremendous handle and passes really well. Has a nice sot IF he is set. His lack of strength and poor footwork make him a poor post player. I would have him concentrate on strength and agilities this summer. Rock Oliver needs to get hold of him.

Trinity played very nervous for most of 1st half. Kudos to reserves Miles Rice and Demarcus Page who came in and played very well. IMO, Rice got the ball rolling for T tonight when he hit some big threes!

No production from Saxton or Hicks but I look for that to change in the next game.

On to Clark Co.