4th Region Tournament Draw

My take on the draw:

-The entire bottom half of the bracket is thrilled. Franklin-Simpson and Russell County drew literally the only opponents that you could conceivably see them advancing against. One of these two 20-loss teams is going to be in a region semifinal. Meanwhile, while Glasgow and Warren Central got the toughest first round opponents they could have, both are going to be dominant favorites to make the finals. And it is a huge advantage having a relatively easy semifinal compared to their opposition. Glasgow is running hot while Warren Central will be hoping to regain their groove, but one of those two will make the final.

-The top of the bracket.... less so. While Bowling Green is no doubt confident (and 100% rightfully so), there probably aren't many ways their draw could have been less favorable. Clinton County is a team that is no stranger to region, so they won't have wide eyes in Diddle. Monroe County is widely seen as the only team besides Central that conceivably could beat Bowling Green. The Purples have a strong chance of having to go through both to reach the finals, where they'll run into Glasgow or Central.

Meanwhile Clinton County..... if not for bad luck they probably would barely have any at all. Last year they finally caught a break in their first round draw. For the five years prior to that it seemed that they got the worst draws possible. District champion? Get the hardest loser (or worse yet, a team that shouldn't have lost district but did). District runner-up? Run head long into one of the tournament favorites. And here they are once again in that situation.

I personally believe it'll be Bowling Green v Monroe and Russell County v Central in the semis, a BG/WC final, with the Purples making it five straight. Central is capable of winning that final, but they've officially gained "Show Me" status.