4th Region Tournament Predictions

Bowling Green has played every team in our current top 8 of the 4th Region with the exception of Franklin-Simpson, and are 9-0 against them. They're 12-0 against the region in general this year. They have won only three of those games by single digits - South Warren by 7 in their first matchup (they later beat them by 44!), and Warren Central by 8 and 5. Two of those three games were while Thomas Booker was still injured, leaving only the 5 point loss by Warren Central as an appreciable bit of evidence that a region team can compete with a full-strength Bowling Green team. And even then, that game was played at Warren Central, a place Bowling Green almost never wins at, and obviously will not have to return to.

There's just so much riding against the rest of the region, even before you really even scratch the surface of just how talented and good Bowling Green is. The Purples have won 41 of 42 against 4th Region foes. They haven't lost to a region opponent that wasn't Warren Central in 3 years. And that loss to Barren County in January of 2013 is the only loss they've taken to a region team outside the 14th District since December of 2009. I mean really, think about that for a little bit. One loss to a region team outside of your district in nearly 7 years?!? Bowling Green has made the region finals the last eight times they made the tournament, and unless South Warren pulls a rabbit out of a hat, they're going to the region tournament. Once they're there, they just know how to win (they know how to win before it as well).

I believe the region at-large is deeper this year than it has been. Barren County, Franklin-Simpson, Russellville - these are all capable teams that have earned their ranking in our ranks. Russell County is solid as well, and you still have Warren Central lurking. The problem is, those teams are likely not going to be a problem for Bowling Green until at least the semifinals of region. They've got a 1 in 3 shot at drawing the loser of the 13th district, the only truly difficult draw Bowling Green could pull. If they get the 15th loser (likely Monroe), or 16th loser (Clinton County unless they upset the Lakers), it's going to be a walkover. That is, unless Warren Central or Warren East were to upset them in the 14th District finals. In which case you'd then be banking on Bowling Green suffering two postseason losses before the Sweet 16 for just the second time in a decade.

Bowling Green is the most overwhelming favorite this region has had in nine years. Something crazy wacky would have to happen for them to lose. IMO.

According to what I've seen this season, it is BGs to lose. Especially now since they have Booker back. BUT, Barren, Russelville, Warren Central and even East can beat you on any given night. Don't forget about Franklin Simpson either. This is what makes tourney time so special, unexplainable things happen!

In the end, I see Bowling Green winning.Well coached, athletic, good size, and deep. Barren, in my opinion has the best chance of beating them. If they click on all cylinders, it will be a tight game no matter what.