Newport Central Catholic 71 Beechwood 58

Ally Johnson starts the first 10 minutes of the game on fire ... four threes I believe. Tigers were very patient with ball early and got good looks against the zone. Breds weather the hot shooting, switch to man, and make an adjustment to hedge and jump the high screens more aggressively. Nice job defensively the rest of the game against Johnson and the rest of the Tigers. Tigers struggled with Ms Rice down low. They worked hard to gain position and take charges but Ajia did a nice job controlling her post moves and scoring from deep in the lane. Davenport with a smooth 22 ... nice standing O when she checked out.

Tigers play hard ... Todd coaches hard. Kids should be proud when they bring that kind of effort.

Stoll and Breds staff do a great job. I've got a lot of respect for Stoll's game planning, adjustments, and sideline demeanor.

Ally Johnson starts the first 10 minutes of the game on fire ... four threes I believe. Tigers were very patient with ball early and got good looks against the zone. Breds weather the hot shooting, switch to man, and make an adjustment to hedge and jump the high screens more aggressively. Nice job defensively the rest of the game against Johnson and the rest of the Tigers. Tigers struggled with Ms Rice down low. They worked hard to gain position and take charges but Ajia did a nice job controlling her post moves and scoring from deep in the lane. Davenport with a smooth 22 ... nice standing O when she checked out.

Tigers play hard ... Todd coaches hard. Kids should be proud when they bring that kind of effort.

Stoll and Breds staff do a great job. I've got a lot of respect for Stoll's game planning, adjustments, and sideline demeanor.

George does an EXCELLENT job of rotating a multitude of players in an out of the game, and making adjustments. I think this better prepares his players throughout the season and gives them a better chance at a successful tourney run.