Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

footballf@n4life

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by footballf@n4life

  1. So is this Harlan County Black Bears or some other Harlan team?
  2. I was reading that Cobb suffered a knee injury, not thought to be anything major. Anyone heard more about this yet? Hopefully it is nothing serious. The kid has a bright future ahead of him.
  3. fixed They lost 3 players on D, and 4 players on O. What teams lost less than that? So since they return most of their team. Including the entire backfield, DB corps, and linebackers. They should be happy to be rated in the top 10. Mason co. lost much more than Russell did.
  4. Well informed I see. Cordle will replace Jones nicely I think. While he won't be able to replace the intangibles Tyler had, he can replace the yards. He bring a much more accurate passing game. With the recievers Russell has in TE and SE, Dillon and Mitchell. If AJ can come out throwing with some confidence and make good passes, I believe Russell will be throwing as much as they did in 98 with Wyant and Day. The year Day set the school record for TD's before it was broken by Gross. I'm not saying they are gonna throw the ball 30 times a game. I wouldn't however, if Mcglone has some confidence in AJ, be surprised to see 15 passes in some games this year. You put that on top of the whole new backfield, which actually returns everyone, except Bates, who is only out due to a motorcycle accident. (I wish him a speedy recovery, even if he misses the season, just like to see him be 100% healthy again) So this new backfield returns the leading rusher from last year in Abrams, who should be an animal this season. Along with Bailey, the teams all-purpose yards leader. I believe he had a decent game against your Rams last year. As for the line, when has Russell ever had a bad line? They usually have 5 or 6 players capable of playing the Guard position. Blevins should be a good replacement for Hicks at Center. Miller is probably the best Tackle in the area. Foster will be a tough one to replace, but I fully believe Kam Smith is up for the duty, and will have a great season there, and could be the best guard in the area. I don't see a team on Russell's schedule who will have a better line than they bring. This could possibly be the most potently offensive team Russell has had since before Gross. Who was great, don't get me wrong. He was just mainly the only weapon Russell had, same with K. Clark. None of these players may be as good as either of them, but they may be much better as a group. Also, Will Rice will have just as good, if not better season at FB than Bates did last year. So I guess they are just lucky, and should take it as a compliment, that the ranking committe found it in their hearts to rank them in the top 10. Can't wait till week 10, when I can watch my Devils play host to the Rams.
  5. They took a big part of the "hump" out. Which was the priary cause for the bad field conditions, imo. It was important enough that the guy doing the job, he's the guy who is in charge of all the grass at the Bellefonte Country Club, to take it out. It looks much better and has bermuda growing nicely on it at this time. It should be good to go by the first home game.
  6. Its ust usually when you see pre-season rankings, they are predictions for how the season will end. Usually ignoring home or away, just going on by who the voters think has the most talented team. I like to see Russell get underestimated every once in awhile. They will be better than last year, yet not picked to make it past the second round.
  7. So its fair to say the committee feels that there are 6 better 3A teams than Russell.
  8. Isn't the whole idea of the pre-season rankings to try and predict how teams will finish? If not, then I don't understand the point of the pre-season rankings. If its not a list of the best teams and how they are gonna finish, then what kind of list is it?
  9. Good numbers. Less than 10% though. Do they cut players?
  10. Russell very well may be much better this year if they can stay healthy. Plus Russell always seems to be a tough win for Mason. I'm not sure of the overall record, but I'm certain it is weighted heavily in Russell's favor.
  11. Haven't been to any Russell practices yet, but I was told they had over 60 grades 10-12. Seems like the average number Russell is used to having. Although I think numbers will dip some, with the inception of the 6th-8th grade teams, kids who don't get PT will quit earlier on. Used to be with JFL all the way to 8th grade, you'd have 10-15 8th graders per team. Ive seen freshman classes with 50 players out at the begining of practice. Considering theres only about 60-70 boys per class, those are pretty good numbers.
  12. Is Rockcastle County high the only school in the county? I would think if so transportation would be required. Or are you saying transportation after practice? If its not the only school, consolidation may be on the horizon.
  13. Senior night @ Russell is gonna be a tough one. Not to mention it is Halloween night. :fire: Gonna be hard to leave Henry R. Evans stadium with a "W" that night.
  14. We have a class system though. The reason being to keep the playing field fair between teams. Non district games are to keep up old rivalries, and bring in more income. So by your statement I am assuming that you feel Kentucky should just go to a 1 class system? If that were to happen noone will have a gripe. However, then schools who consolidate will have no choice but to sit out. All the schedules will be full for that year. I would not like to see the seniors at HC have to sit out a year. I also would not like to see a true 3A team robbed of a state championship again, or even a playoff victory. HC should be banned from post season. They can still play a full 10 game schedule if they can fill it. I'd hate that for the seniors, but noone to blame but the people behind the consolidation. If it was truly necassary for the schools in Harlan to do so, then it seems like a small sacrifice in my eyes to better the education of those kids, and kids of HC in the future. You cannot justify punishing the seniors of all the other 3A schools who have nothing to do with HC.
  15. I still think if the school can't get into its proper class, then they should be banned from post-season play. You ask "Why punish the kids because of the school districts decisions?" Why punish the kids in every other 3A school? That's who is getting punished now. Kids who have no affiliation to HC, and probably have never been there are now punished. If the consolidation was so desperately needed, then sitting out one post season of football shouldn't be so much of a sacrifice. HC just wants its shot at being another Mercer Co. They know with the level of football in 5A, it will be tough for them to even sniff Papa John's stadium. So take advantage of a loophole and try and win state when your kids more than double the number of kids at the other schools in the class. P.S. I thnk if the KHSAA was to put HC in the right class. Other schools would probably do more than bend over backwards to make sure they had a schedule filled out and got their district games in. Either way I don't think it will matter this year. Belfry or Russell will win by 21+ over HC.
  16. I have seen many walkons become great players in college, even all SEC! There can always be a chance if the young man is dedicated, and is willing to work at it! Some people mature later, some grow later, and some just flat out are determined, and make it happen on there own!
  17. Looks like the winter weight lifting is paying off for Russell! Ran into a few players lately and they are getting huge!! Keep up the hard work guys you still have 3 months til practice starts! Just might be a special year for the :devil:DEVILS!!!:devil:
  18. I think this year will be the last chance the Devils have at making a run for the title for a couple of years. Not very much depth in the upcoming Junior and Sophomore classes. While they have very talented players. There just isn't very many of them. (I mean numbers wise.) Didn't the freshman team only win 1 game? Plus after this year they will have to replace the entire backfield. The quarterback. Majority of the line, as I see mostly seniors winning the open positions, and the entire secondary. So after this yr, they will probably only return 2 linebackers and maybe 1 or 2 lineman. Its gonna be tough to come back from that, I hope they do though. Thats 2 years ahead anyways, I just don't like everyone saying they have no shot this year. I think they will be much better as a TEAM than the 07 team. Since most of these kids played critical roles on that team.
  19. How many returning starters will he have to work with?
  20. I was looking for a bracket, couldn't find one. I think these teams are selected somehow, not sure, anyone know how it works? I don't think there is playoffs except for sectionals.
  21. I think it a lot of responsibility falls to the coach. He needs to be making phone calls. Having assistants compile highlight tapes. Its all part of bettering young men, and preparing them for their future. Giving them a helping hand. If you were a college coach and were receiving 100's of calls a day about players, from their coaches. Who are you gonna go visit or see, or more likely to offer financial help too? The coaches who are making an effort for this kid, must mean he's a great kid, or the ones who have done nothing? You hear all the time, college coaches saying, "We didn't even know about this kid. I got a call from his HS coach one day, and we were very impressed with what we saw." or something along those lines.
  22. Score should be similar to tonights game with Belfry beating L-Central imo! But like we always say; that is why you lace them up!
  23. Breathitt has a fine passing game Belfry better be ready to defend!
  24. Russell was as good or better than Breathitt! You cant keep running the ball with 11 guys in the box Russell never made adjustments.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.