Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK_SPORTS_FAN

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UK_SPORTS_FAN

  1. Breathitt should win, but I think it will be a close game.
  2. Mosely is the real deal. How good would Knott have been if the Sturdivant girl from Perry stayed in the Knott system? You talk about a great back court. --How many seniors does Knott have?
  3. The problem is that unlike the NFL, the franchise tag does not prohibit a player from going to another school. In fact, once a player is tagged, it actually opens things up and allows them to move about the state uninhibited. I truly believe that the coaches, school officials, ownership and the players association need to end the current bargaining agreement and negotiate a new one. I realize this may lead to a strike, or god forbid a lock-out, but it could help to close all the loop-holes in the current agreement.:lol:
  4. I don't know who he is, but if there was a BGP poll that ranked the most talked about person in HS boys basketball, I feel he would win. Like/dislike, famous/infamous, or whatever you want to call it, he is definitely in a lot of people's thoughts. Just based on everything I read on here, "highly controversial" would be how I describe him. I may have to make it a point to look him up someday just to see what all the fuss is about.
  5. The Leslie vs. Powell game will be the best game of the opening round. Leslie would be my pick, but the game is at Powell. I still think Leslie will win.... in a close one. ---- Knott has the best draw by far. Could the stars be aligned for them? Jenkins upsets Letcher in the district to knock off their only serious district challenger. They then draw opposite Perry and Breathitt. Those two teams will have a war the night before the championship. Knott should have a fairly easy path to the championship game. It could be their year.
  6. Leslie has defeated Hazard three times this year. They will not win 4. Hazard by 5.
  7. Definitely been an up and down season for these two opponents. Estill began the season 0-10 before running off 9 victories in their next 12. They seemed to have everything going their way in Irvine, but fell on hard times once again by going 2-4 over their last six games. Owsley on the other hand started off on fire. They were one of the early favorites in the district and Class A region. They won a big tournament in Florida in route to an 8-5 record to start the year. At that time, their head coach left and things seemed to fall apart. Owsley lost 6 consecutive games and the season appeared to be over until two weeks ago. Since then, they have re-found their way while running off 4 consecutive wins. They lost last night in a tough battle with PCC. Owsley has the more talented team and they now have the momentum. They could be the dark-horse favorite to win the 56th. I think they will win big on Tuesday night. Owsley 58 Estill 42.
  8. Powell will win by 10+. Lee County has not won a district tournament game since 1997.
  9. I don't want to turn this into a private vs. public debate. If you look back at past tournament results, you will see a great mix of public and private participation in the state tournament. Also, if you check out the enrollment numbers provided by the KHSAA, many of the schools that qualify for all "A" are private schools. Small private and public schools deserve a tournament in which they feel that could possbily someday win. However, in saying this, I do think that the participation (and dominance) of UHA (and Lex Cath for a while) has hurt the tournament overall. How much more would winning this tournament mean to schools like Somerset, Gallatin Co., Caverna, Owen Co., Hancock Co., and Owsley Co.? All of these schools lost to either UHA or Lex Cath in the finals or semi-finals. These are schools that are not common names at the sweet sixteen. They likely will never be able to ever win a state championship. -- They all had the opportunity to win an All "A" title only to lose to the basketball factories of Lex Cath and UHA. I have always felt this was unfair.
  10. Knott wins over Letcher in Championship.
  11. I love the All "A" Classic. I think that it saved the entire state from going to a class system by giving a lot of the little guys a chance. However.... I would like to see a few changes. 125 schools is close to half of all schools that participate in basketball in the state. That is almost too many. Also the regions are terribly unbalanced. Some regions have as few as 3-5 teams, while others have 10-12. With that many schools, the unbalanced regions and the inclusion of some of the dominate private schools, it makes it very difficult for the small rural schools to compete. I think the tournament was originally designed to give small schools an opportunity to compete for a state title that they might not ever have a chance competing against all schools. I think that those intentions were great, but it strains the credibility of the tournament when a team like UHA with their 40 students have one almost half the titles.
  12. Jackson City in a close one. When was the last time Riverside played in the region?
  13. Owsley plays to the competition (just a few points less). They have poor record, but have had at least 10-12 games that were very close and winnable. They just have never been able to put all the pieces together this season.
  14. Not close. Leslie has struggled all year. Perry is coming on. I think Perry is now the favorite to win the 54th and 14th region.
  15. Hazard by 15+. Buckhorn just doesn't have enough.
  16. I think Breathitt has enough on the home floor. Breathitt 67-60
  17. Lee is the better team and should win. If it was anywhere else but at Powell I would say Lee by 10+. Since it is at Powell, I say Lee by 4.
  18. Congrats to Coach Cornett and Coach Mason. It looks like the Lady Owls are getting back on track. They have a couple of very winnable games next week and could be gearing of for a tournament run. They have the talent to win it. Estill is very average and the Lady Owls have already beaten them on their floor. Powell is at home, but they are injured. -- If Coach Cornett and Coach Mason get this thing rolling there may be sentiment to keep them on next season.
  19. Unless things have changed, Powell County is not in the viewing area. I have seen them ranked before.
  20. Listened to the game on the radio. Buckhorn has spurt in 2nd to go up double figures. Pulled away in the 4th. Shot "lights out" from the free throw line (28/30). Good Luck tomorrow in the semis.
  21. I truly believe that Superintendent Turner is committed to doing the absolute best for all students (including student-athletes) in Owsley County. I feel that she will do whatever is necessary in order to get a highly qualified coach that can lead an extremely talented group of girls into the future. She has already convinced her husband to help out with the team the rest of the season. ---I personally feel that she has already helped bring stability to the boys program, as for the first time in years a coach is in place that looks to be around a while (Coach Noble). She has also brought back the band, and "The Palace" looks the best that I have ever seen. She is a true supporter of the entire academic/athletic program. ---I think that she probably already has in mind a replacement for next season. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. -- As for this year, the girls can still have a lot of success. They just need a little confidence. Hopefully, Coach Turner can catch fire-in-a-bottle ala 2005.
  22. Is she related to Doug Noble? Isn't he going to Owsley?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.