Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transfer rumors?

Featured Replies

Anybody hearing any? It's getting about that time. I hear stuff from time to time, but you always hear stuff in CKY.

Anybody hearing any? It's getting about that time. I hear stuff from time to time, but you always hear stuff in CKY.

 

This thread will last. :rolleyes:

 

But since you started the thread, and also seem to hear things, why don't you get the ball rolling.

The biggest transfer rumors from the mountains involve a few June Buchanan players leaving for other schools...

Let me post this friendly reminder.

6. No putting incorrect or false information on the site.

I couldn't help but start laughing when I saw this thread. While many of us on the board know the rules and can straddle that fine line without going over, you just know that this thread is going to fall down that slippery slope and quickly.

 

The only transfer rumor I know of is that I might be "transferring" from Maysville to a much larger city once I get my degree. I guess that would also be called "moving" but transfer makes it sound more important :lol:

The biggest transfer rumors from the mountains involve a few June Buchanan players leaving for other schools...

Another rumor is June Buchanan is dropping their K-8 school next year, and the high school may have the same fate in a few years. I don't know if it's true, but several people were talking about it at the region at PCC Thursday.

Considering the informational campaign they have conducted didn't work in having posters spell PendLEton correctly, the Wildcats are considering transferring the L and the E so to represent the way posters want to spell PendELton.

Heard through a solid source things could be differnt at Rose Hill next year with the loss of two key players?

Heard through a solid source things could be differnt at Rose Hill next year with the loss of two key players?

What?????? Surely not. :thumb:

Anybody hearing any? It's getting about that time. I hear stuff from time to time, but you always hear stuff in CKY.

 

Most organizations haven't had time to label their Franchise Players at this point. Once done, players' agents will scour the market for those programs that still have salary cap room for free agent additions. That is provided the athlete clears the physical, Wunderlick Test, and can negotiate a contract that the Player's Association and League will approve based on collective bargaining contracts. Of course, most teams will also tap the waiver wire to fill immediate needs with fewer cap room issues and contract obligations.

Most organizations haven't had time to label their Franchise Players at this point. Once done, players' agents will scour the market for those programs that still have salary cap room for free agent additions. That is provided the athlete clears the physical, Wunderlick Test, and can negotiate a contract that the Player's Association and League will approve based on collective bargaining contracts. Of course, most teams will also tap the waiver wire to fill immediate needs with fewer cap room issues and contract obligations.

 

I am pretty sure contracts and agents are illegal in the high school arena.

The only transfer rumor I know of is that I might be "transferring" from Maysville to a much larger city once I get my degree. I guess that would also be called "moving" but transfer makes it sound more important :lol:

 

As long as it is a bona fide change of address then I'm sure that the KHSAA will deem this move as legit, however there will be a complete investigation. If the investigation turns out that this move was not on the uppity up then fines and penalties can and will be deemed as necessary punishment for your actions.

:laugh:

Heard through a solid source things could be differnt at Rose Hill next year with the loss of two key players?

 

I'm confused. Are these players supposed to end up in Lexington? Is that the rumor?

Most organizations haven't had time to label their Franchise Players at this point. Once done, players' agents will scour the market for those programs that still have salary cap room for free agent additions. That is provided the athlete clears the physical, Wunderlick Test, and can negotiate a contract that the Player's Association and League will approve based on collective bargaining contracts. Of course, most teams will also tap the waiver wire to fill immediate needs with fewer cap room issues and contract obligations.

 

The problem is that unlike the NFL, the franchise tag does not prohibit a player from going to another school. In fact, once a player is tagged, it actually opens things up and allows them to move about the state uninhibited. I truly believe that the coaches, school officials, ownership and the players association need to end the current bargaining agreement and negotiate a new one. I realize this may lead to a strike, or god forbid a lock-out, but it could help to close all the loop-holes in the current agreement.:lol:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.