WYMT Mountain Top Ten

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume they only consider 12th-15th Regions and not the 16th Region. I have been to Elliott County and Sandy Hook several times. Guess those are big hills and not mountains?? But, I have been to Somerset and I sure didn't see any mountains?? There are all kinds of polls. Maybe Elliott is in the gotta wana get there Top 10 Poll!!!!

1. Paintsville-Slone is the best player in the mountains

2.JBS- Good team, but I think bad shot selections will cost them a return trip to Rupp.

3. Hazard-Good inside/outside game.

4.Shelby Valley- Good team with a growing mountain B-ball tradition.

5.Corbin- Most talent in the 13th region maybe in the mountains.

6. Pineville- Smart team with two solid players and a good standing shooter.

7. South Laurel- They still are the champs in the 13th until someone beats them in March.

8. Cumberland- They have the best inside combo in the 13th (Johnson/Wilson).

9. Jackson Co.- I do not think any team in the 13th wants to play them come March.

10. Pikeville- They just pulled of a big win over Shelby Valley and seem to be playing better since the WYMT.

You are correct. WYMT only ranks teams from the 12th - 15th that are in their viewing area. I am sure Elliott would be in the top 10 if they were eligible for that poll.

I have said in the past when this subject has been brought up, and I will continue to say it, if you're going to call this ranking the "Mountain Top Ten", then it should include ALL the mountains and not just the Wymt viewing area. Whether mountain teams are in their viewing area really has nothing to do with a mountain top 10.

And, yes, Elliott County is in the mountains. I've been there and seen them with my own eyes.

They need to change the name to The Wymt Viewing Area Mountain Top 10.

I'm not defending WYMT but doesn't that stand for "We're Your Mountain Television" and if so, I'm presuming any Top Tens, with the Mountain correlation, is directly related to their viewers and not a Region.

If they called it Eastern KY, some would claim they are included or excluded, so it's all subjective.

I'm not defending WYMT but doesn't that stand for "We're Your Mountain Television" and if so, I'm presuming any Top Tens, with the Mountain correlation, is directly related to their viewers and not a Region.

If they called it Eastern KY, some would claim they are included or excluded, so it's all subjective.

Exactly. It's to draw attention from people who can actually see it.