Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WYMT Mountain Top Ten

Featured Replies

BOYS

 

1. JBS

2. Paintsville

3. Corbin

4. Shelby Valley

5. Hazard

6. Pineville

7. Cumberland

8. Knox Central

9. Somerset

10. South Laurel

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume they only consider 12th-15th Regions and not the 16th Region. I have been to Elliott County and Sandy Hook several times. Guess those are big hills and not mountains?? But, I have been to Somerset and I sure didn't see any mountains?? There are all kinds of polls. Maybe Elliott is in the gotta wana get there Top 10 Poll!!!!

You are correct. WYMT only ranks teams from the 12th - 15th that are in their viewing area. I am sure Elliott would be in the top 10 if they were eligible for that poll.

1. Paintsville-Slone is the best player in the mountains

2.JBS- Good team, but I think bad shot selections will cost them a return trip to Rupp.

3. Hazard-Good inside/outside game.

4.Shelby Valley- Good team with a growing mountain B-ball tradition.

5.Corbin- Most talent in the 13th region maybe in the mountains.

6. Pineville- Smart team with two solid players and a good standing shooter.

7. South Laurel- They still are the champs in the 13th until someone beats them in March.

8. Cumberland- They have the best inside combo in the 13th (Johnson/Wilson).

9. Jackson Co.- I do not think any team in the 13th wants to play them come March.

10. Pikeville- They just pulled of a big win over Shelby Valley and seem to be playing better since the WYMT.

And why not have the 16th in this , it is in the mountains.

You are correct. WYMT only ranks teams from the 12th - 15th that are in their viewing area. I am sure Elliott would be in the top 10 if they were eligible for that poll.

I have said in the past when this subject has been brought up, and I will continue to say it, if you're going to call this ranking the "Mountain Top Ten", then it should include ALL the mountains and not just the Wymt viewing area. Whether mountain teams are in their viewing area really has nothing to do with a mountain top 10.

And, yes, Elliott County is in the mountains. I've been there and seen them with my own eyes.

 

They need to change the name to The Wymt Viewing Area Mountain Top 10.

If one is not in the WYMT viewing area, what does one care if WYMT has them ranked? They can't see the poll and if not for message boards such as this would not even know it existed.

I'm not defending WYMT but doesn't that stand for "We're Your Mountain Television" and if so, I'm presuming any Top Tens, with the Mountain correlation, is directly related to their viewers and not a Region.

 

If they called it Eastern KY, some would claim they are included or excluded, so it's all subjective.

I'm not defending WYMT but doesn't that stand for "We're Your Mountain Television" and if so, I'm presuming any Top Tens, with the Mountain correlation, is directly related to their viewers and not a Region.

 

If they called it Eastern KY, some would claim they are included or excluded, so it's all subjective.

 

 

Exactly. It's to draw attention from people who can actually see it.

If one is not in the WYMT viewing area, what does one care if WYMT has them ranked? They can't see the poll and if not for message boards such as this would not even know it existed.

Well, that is a good point.

What one doesn't know won't hurt them, I suppose.:D

If Elliott Co. goes to the state tournament again, I don't think they will care if they aren't included in the WYMT top ten!! I think we know which is more important in the end!!

If McCreary county is not the mountains,then I would love to see there idea of a mountain.lol

They should just make it the WYMT top 50, so all schools can be ranked in it and everyone will be happy!! LOL

Unless things have changed, Powell County is not in the viewing area. I have seen them ranked before.

I think Morgan Co was also in the top 10 a few years back...when they made the trip to Rupp... If my geography isn't off, isn't Elliot Co. the next County east of Morgan

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.