Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rowan County/Jim Hicks

Featured Replies

I have talked to several different people that have confirmed that Rowan County is very interested in Hiring Jim Hicks as their next Head Boy's basketball coach.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, that boy can't sit still.

I have talked to several different people that have confirmed that Rowan County is very interested in Hiring Jim Hicks as their next Head Boy's basketball coach.

 

Do you know how many phone calls and e-mails he's got because of this thread. He said to tell everyone, "no I'm not going anywhere." Now the person from Rowan County that came over to talk to them while they were eating was talking to Coach Booher, Coach Hicks assistant. That was the first that they knew about what happened with Coach Daniel.

The Hicks name must carry alot of weight. Because the majority of the time that Jim Hicks is mentioned on this site, it is usually on something that is less than stellar. However schools still want the man.

Hicks is imo a very good coach. I often kid about all of his "antics" on the bench and sidelines. I have said that he is the president of the Dick Fick wannabe society :D. I could definately do without some of his actions during the game and some of his arrogace but I believe the man is a good basketball coach, no doubt about that.:thumb:

 

(maybe they just want him back in Morehead bc they miss Dick Fick but I don't think that Coach Hicks has ever fallen to the floor in front of the scorers bench and pretended to hang/choke himself with his necktie :sssh:....:D)

Bringing back memories, Dick Fick... The most active coach in the history of basketball. That man could squirm and flip around better that any olympic gymnast.

:dancingpa

If this is true, that boy can't sit still.

 

Never has been able to sit still. I remember watching him as a young kid playing ball throughout Harlan County. I seen him more than a few times with his Uncles as they were always fishing. Billy and or one of his Brothers and Jim could be seen at the lakes or in the rivers often. Jim even swallowed a fish hook one time while on a trip down the poor fork of the Cumberland River. Then and there he gave new meaning to taking it hook, line and sinker.

True story and was even in the Harlan Daily Surprise back probably around 1984 or so.:dancingpa

Bringing back memories, Dick Fick... The most active coach in the history of basketball. That man could squirm and flip around better that any olympic gymnast.

 

:laugh::thumb: I even remember when ESPN had the "Dick Fick Award", they gave out each week for the coach that displayed the most, lets just say..... "antics" on the bench and sideline during a game.

I remember that too. It was one of the segments that ESPN had.

The Hicks name must carry alot of weight. Because the majority of the time that Jim Hicks is mentioned on this site, it is usually on something that is less than stellar. However schools still want the man.

 

 

Did ya see what he did at Bath this year?

Yes they had some ball players, and they did lose first round of the region to a good Ashland team who hasn't played well, but were playing decent down the stretch. Bath was awful last year and he did great things there. Hicks is a pretty good coach, despite his shortcomings.

I would think he would move to Rowan in a heartbeat. I would consider the talent base to be better year and year out and its a much larger school.

Can someone tell me who Jim Hicks is?

Can someone tell me who Jim Hicks is?

 

 

 

He was/is one of the best coaches that has been ran off at Greenup County!!!!

I would think he would move to Rowan in a heartbeat. I would consider the talent base to be better year and year out and its a much larger school.

 

Rowan is a larger school for sure. Not sure I agree with the comment about the talent base considering the fact that Rowan's only team to make the Sweet 16 in the past several years was made up primarily of players that transferred from Bath Co. :sssh:

Is Kidwell happy at Russell? If not, I think he would be a good hire at Rowan.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.