Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rowan County/Jim Hicks

Featured Replies

Can someone tell me who Jim Hicks is?

 

Dont waste your time Pat....Its not worth knowing.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Kidwell happy at Russell? If not, I think he would be a good hire at Rowan.

 

 

I think Kidwell is happy at Russell, but I'm sure he'd love to have a boys job. He might just get that at Russell.

Can someone tell me who Jim Hicks is?

 

 

Bath County's coach.

:dancingpa

 

Never has been able to sit still. I remember watching him as a young kid playing ball throughout Harlan County. I seen him more than a few times with his Uncles as they were always fishing. Billy and or one of his Brothers and Jim could be seen at the lakes or in the rivers often. Jim even swallowed a fish hook one time while on a trip down the poor fork of the Cumberland River. Then and there he gave new meaning to taking it hook, line and sinker.

True story and was even in the Harlan Daily Surprise back probably around 1984 or so.:dancingpa

 

Bill's brother? Had to be Hershal!

:thumb:

Bill's brother? Had to be Hershal!

 

:thumb:

How many places has he ben "ran off from" now?

 

He certainly is not being run off at Bath Co. They are very happy to have him and hope he stays for a very long time.

I would think he would move to Rowan in a heartbeat. I would consider the talent base to be better year and year out and its a much larger school.

 

 

Why go to Rowan when more than likely some of Rowan will be coming to you?

Dont waste your time Pat....Its not worth knowing.

 

 

FishTie, Hicks must realy get under your fish scales! You seem to kick him every chance you get.

He certainly is not being run off at Bath Co. They are very happy to have him and hope he stays for a very long time.

 

I second that! :thumb:

FishTie, Hicks must realy get under your fish scales! You seem to kick him every chance you get.

 

I believe I am entitled to an opinion just like everyone else.

FishTie, Hicks didn't try to get you to swallow one of those hooks did he, Ref. post #7?

Morgan 's coach to Rowan??????????????????

Can someone tell me who Jim Hicks is?

 

I don't know who he is, but if there was a BGP poll that ranked the most talked about person in HS boys basketball, I feel he would win. Like/dislike, famous/infamous, or whatever you want to call it, he is definitely in a lot of people's thoughts. Just based on everything I read on here, "highly controversial" would be how I describe him. I may have to make it a point to look him up someday just to see what all the fuss is about.

I don't know who he is, but if there was a BGP poll that ranked the most talked about person in HS boys basketball, I feel he would win. Like/dislike, famous/infamous, or whatever you want to call it, he is definitely in a lot of people's thoughts. Just based on everything I read on here, "highly controversial" would be how I describe him. I may have to make it a point to look him up someday just to see what all the fuss is about.

 

It is worth the price of admission to see him coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.