Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Royals and Saints Fan

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Royals and Saints Fan

  1. Yes... but to stay on top in anything, you need both confidence and humility. I believe our team and coaches have both but perhaps some of our fans need a little more of the latter.
  2. I think the Fieldhouse is the best in what I value, but different people have different opinions as to what they value and the BOK is obviously an excellent venue for lots of reasons. I say alternate between the Fieldhouse and the BOK. Montgomery is too small in my opinion.
  3. Were you at the coaches meeting to know everything that they decided?
  4. I can guarantee than the Mason County administration is following exactly the decisions that were made at the coach's meeting. And believe me, Mason County fans would rather sit on the other side because its larger and the view and access is not obstructed by the benches.
  5. These are two very different teams and alot will depend on the match ups and game plans. I'll give the Royals a much better chance now than I would have 4 weeks ago but I still think that Clark has the better team. But we'll find out tomorrow night.
  6. Mason County is a 3A school and never has been a 4A.
  7. I honestly believe the Royals have a decent chance of winning it again, especially if they can hit a few free throws.
  8. The BOK is a wonderful facility. My main complaint is related to ticket prices and the reserved seating. $8+ is too much for the large majority of the fans who want to only see their team play. There is also no need for reserve seating and it pretty much destroys the atmosphere because a school's fans are not going to be as enthusiastic if they are not sitting together. Plus, its always a downer when non-fans are sitting in and around your group and are usually irked if you are standing up and cheering.
  9. Mason's enrollment is usually only barely larger than Fleming's. Many people view Mason County as a larger school but its actually below the middle, as evidenced by being 3A in football.
  10. The 08-09 Royals are really beginning to grow on me. They've still got alot of work to do but I really like their effort, teamwork, and potential. I'm excited--maybe more so than last year.
  11. There are valid reasons why Mason County administration has opted to keep their fans on their regular "home" side which the 10th Region schools are aware of and approve. I think the official "home" side during the tournament is actually the other side and it is actually the better side with no teams or game officials sitting in front of the fans and more on court seating. I always felt Mason County was doing other teams a favor by giving them the other side.
  12. Smoke, I also like your idea, especially considering the distances now involved with the 10th region schools. I think it would build more excitement for 1st round games. If it all stays at one site, then the first round games should not be split sessions. And, I realize the scheduling challenges, but I think it is very wrong to have games on Sundays unless there is no other alternative. We need to starting standing up against scheduling school activities on Sundays.
  13. Thats last year's (06-07) team photo.
  14. The numbers that were used in the most recent football realignment was Mason County-798 and Elizabethtown-716. Both will be AAA. By the way, Lexington Catholic (2002) is listed at 862 and Warren Central (2004) is listed at 1132.5. As I understand it, these are two year averages.
  15. I suspect those type classics are alot of work, very costly, and don't have tons of fan support because they typically involve teams a good distance away. The 5th-3rd now involves all KY teams and its really not all that well supported until the semifinals.
  16. Danny does such a great job and is so well liked in Mason County that I think he may actually hurt attendance at Mason County's games, especially away games!
  17. In my opinion, the Royals are not playing up to their full potential right now, but that is what the season is for. Coach Wells was a great coach and Mason County was fortunate to have him, but I think Coach O'Hearn is even better and will prove it over the next several years.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.