Best Radio Announcer in The State?

Well i have heard very few and I know many people will differ.... But My Number one will have to go too Danny Weddle Maysville/Mason co radio broadcaster. He gives me chills everytime i listen to him absolutley awesome. Second would have to be the announcer from Brossart???? Dont know the names.. Also great job:thumb:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have heard very few and I know many people will differ.... But My Number one will have to go too Danny Weddle Maysville/Mason co radio broadcaster. He gives me chills everytime i listen to him absolutley awesome. Second would have to be the announcer from Brossart???? Dont know the names.. Also great job:thumb:
Chills, Well Maybe you might wann tune in another station...

Agree 100%. They could do a decent job if they would leave out the Chris Berman impersonations and call the kids by their real names instead of the nicknames.

I disagree.I think the guy that does the play by play has improved tremendously.The color man does a very good job.He knows the Russell team very well and unlike many announcers has watched many of the opposition teams and players.Many times I have heard him describe tendencies of players and teams that are very accurate.He seems to be knowledgeable about teams not only in the 16th region but statewide as well.

:thumb: Jim Forrest, the new hire by WLGC is doing a great job.

Is this the same Jim Forrest who used to do Morehead and Rowan Co. games? If so, he's excellent.

Weddle is good.

Dan Manley of WMST- Mt. Sterling is good (as long as Montgomery Co. is not playing. Can be kind of a homer when the Indians are playing).

Is this the same Jim Forrest who used to do Morehead and Rowan Co. games? If so, he's excellent.

Weddle is good.

Dan Manley of WMST- Mt. Sterling is good (as long as Montgomery Co. is not playing. Can be kind of a homer when the Indians are playing).

Hometown, local, high school radio announcers are expected to be homers to some extent.

The Russell Crew maybe the Worst.

Maybe????:confused: :confused: for anyone to be any worse they would have to be a deaf mute. :lol: :lol: :lol: Lord I apologize for that right there, please be with those pitiful radio guys at Russell.:D (compliments of Larry the Cable Guy, he heard them and didn't like them either-LOL)