Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. I'd say strongopenyon could give the best breakdown on him but here goes from what I've seen: Plays center only, two year starter, I don't think he plays any defense. Big kid that pass blocks well, as Henry Clay runs some form of the Tony Franklin offense. I know UK has shown a lot of interest as well. He, along with Larry Warford (Madison Central) should be two of the top lineman in the state next year...
  2. BCG and Bruce Pearl were chatting it up at this one...
  3. In Feldhaus' defense, he didn't have Keyshawn Simpson all year, who is rated as a top 10 junior in the state........but I thought this was possibly his best team ever, or so he said. Same old story as the entire year...couldn't hit the freethrows or make the plays at the end of the game to clinch it. MC led by about 8 the entire game. I think the past 2 seasons have been huge letdowns after the great 2005-2006 season.....and the talent is there....
  4. Congrats Coach Scenters! Great guy, with an incredible drive and will work his tail off to make Garrard a winner.....and as much as I hate to agree with the Golfer, this is a huge loss for Madison Central. Mark has done a lot of the thankless jobs for the Indian program over the years (along with all his coaching duties) and is going to be missed a ton....
  5. 11th Region district winners: Bryan Station, Lex Cath, Madison Central, Franklin County 11th Region district runner-ups: Richmond Model, Dunbar, Scott County, Western Hills When is the draw, Saturday or Sunday?
  6. Zach Coldiron will be a senior and shared time with Chaz Hope last year at QB. I would assume he is the frontrunner going into the spring. Central loses a lot to graduation, but many kids that were injured this past season as juniors could be solid players if healthy. I think depth will be a huge issue since the freshman team last year was awful. Not sure what to expect really....
  7. Thanks for the updates (as always) nWo. :thumb: Madison Central has taken some bumps on a really tough schedule, but should cruise through the district tournament next week and make the 11th region tournament interesting.
  8. What are the matchups for the 2008 edition?
  9. How long as Brumley been an assistant there? I'd like to get QB7footballfan's opinion on this hire.....
  10. I would say there is a general trend that certain schools are going to be good every year......Scott County, Mason County, Lexington Catholic, Ballard, PRP, Warren Central come to mind for me. The next tier of programs would include GRC, Madison Central, South Laurel....at least for the central KY area. Many of the these and other 11th region teams would win 12 or 13 of the other regions nearly every season.
  11. I think the key to this match up would be Highlands' ability to throw the ball. The Rocks would surely put up points....and load up on the the Bird's run game...
  12. 1a) Trinity 1b) Highlands Lexington Catholic Central Fort Campbell Beechwood
  13. "Fairly successful" is something Madison Southern needs to strive for, hopefully the new coach does better than the 44-53 record under Carter's watch. :thumb:
  14. While I do agree with this to an extent.....and I'll end the Madison Central talk here.....Mark Scenters would be a great hire for Madison Southern and anyone that coached with him, or played for him would agree 100%.
  15. I beg to differ. :sssh: Former Madison Central assistants (98-01) who are now head coaches: David Hensley, East Jessamine and Paul L. Dunbar Jason Chappel, Perry Central and South Laurel Mark Dixon, Hazard Todd Harris, Berea and Jackson County Kenny Turner, Madison Central Todd Shipley, Shelby County
  16. :lol::lol: Why would Scenters, or anyone, make a lateral move to play weaker competition? Yes, Southern plays Rock and Bell, but that's it.....he can really prepare himself to be a head coach by playing McCreary Central, Grant County, and Bryan Station. Scenters has coached against the likes of St. X, Highlands, Lexington Catholic, Boone County, Henry Clay, and many other top programs in the state for 8 seasons. Madison Central has made the playoffs every single year Scenters has been there, can Southern say the same thing?
  17. Mark Scenters played at Madison Southern when the school first opened or short after. I think he coached there, and at Berea, until the 2000 season when he came to Madison Central to be on Paul Rains' staff. He has coached there since on Kenny Turner's staff. He has been offered jobs with other schools, but stayed due to his loyalty to his players and the school...and the Richmond/Berea area. Coach Scenters has the drive, the personality, and the knowledge to help Southern become repsectable again. If I were on the hiring committee, I wouldn't have waited this long to hire him. He has paid his dues.
  18. HC, you did a great job with the Mason/Madison Central game last night.....even though the broadcast I was listening to was delayed by 15 or so seconds and I would read it on here before I heard it. :irked: :thumb:
  19. A scare? :lol: Mason County was playing one of the upper teams in the 11th region on the road. They earned the hardfought win against a solid team....no more, no less.
  20. Indians lead most of the game until under 3 minutes when they miss one free throw after another. Aaron Morris plays on par with Darius Miller tonight and shows he is one of the top 5 players in the state.
  21. Indians missed a chance for 4 points on free throws and get zero.
  22. D Miller now has 3 fouls with 6 minutes in the 4th...
  23. Two of the state's top players guarding one another in Aaron Morris and Darius Miller...
  24. The Madison Central broadcast can be heard here.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.