Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question on game update threads

Featured Replies

So I got a message and the question I was asked, I figured I would share here.

 

In relation to high school basketball games that are available to listen to online. Brossart, Mason Co, Cov Cath, Ashland, I think some of the East Carter games are available. We are talking only about games that are available online for anyone/everyone to listen to.

 

As a reader/poster of this site, do you mind seeing a game update thread on a game that you can easily listen to with one click.

 

Are you indifferent to them OR do you just enjoy reading them regardless.

 

Any and all opinions welcome.

Well with me being on dial-up i'd rather read on here because my connection isn't really that great listening to the radio broadcast.

We appreciate all the updates you do! Some would prefer looking them up in a thread to rather actually pulling up the feed and listening to it from there.:thumb: I know I've read many of your update threads.

I like the updates. I do it some myself at times.

And you do a great job HC.:thumb:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, JMO!! Keep the updates coming!!

HOMELESS CAMEL, You do a great job on the udates.

 

For whatever reason there are times when people are unable to listen to the online feeds. I know I've run into that problem on several occasions.

 

For instance, sometimes the internet feed for the Madison Central games doesn't work and I listen to it on the radio and do the updates. I think the update threads are a valuable service to our members.

All the updates are great.. Another reason this is my favorite site.. Where else can can a person keep up with so many games as they are being played????

You can't have too much information.

 

With the updates, a viewer may see that a close game is coming down to the wire and then hook up with the live feed to listen to the finish.

 

Some internet outlets like WFTM in Maysville who do the Mason County games have a listener limit and it is sometimes tough to access the live broadcast in progress.

Keep all updates coming

HOMELESS CAMEL, You do a great job on the udates.

 

For whatever reason there are times when people are unable to listen to the online feeds. I know I've run into that problem on several occasions.

 

For instance, sometimes the internet feed for the Madison Central games doesn't work and I listen to it on the radio and do the updates. I think the update threads are a valuable service to our members.[/quote]

 

I agree, and HC you do such a great job. I was needing help with updates from a game last week...who did I PM....HC. Now if I can just get you to call me with updates of the Mason Co vs GRC game....:D

  • Author

Thanks everyone, I wasn't looking for any kind of validation or anything. The message I got was by no means "negative" in nature, it did raise a good point. I was just curious to hear different opinions.

 

I was just curious to know, but I do appreciate all the comments. :thumb:

 

I'm sure SOMEONE can call you Gold Sunrise with updates from the game, SHEESH! : )

All the updates are great.. Another reason this is my favorite site.. Where else can can a person keep up with so many games as they are being played????

 

I agree 100%:flame:

HC, you did a great job with the Mason/Madison Central game last night.....even though the broadcast I was listening to was delayed by 15 or so seconds and I would read it on here before I heard it. :irked: :thumb:

Thanks everyone, I wasn't looking for any kind of validation or anything. The message I got was by no means "negative" in nature, it did raise a good point. I was just curious to hear different opinions.

 

I was just curious to know, but I do appreciate all the comments. :thumb:

 

I'm sure SOMEONE can call you Gold Sunrise with updates from the game, SHEESH! : )

 

With all of this praise, didn't want you to get too over confieient....:D And yes I already have arrangements of updates.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.