Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

pnthr4life

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pnthr4life

  1. A coach impacting "more people" should never take precedent over the impact a teacher has on a student. I remember more things I learned from my teachers than anything I ever learned from my coaches.
  2. Does anyone know the final # of applicants?
  3. I'm sure when a decision is made regarding the hiring of a new coach, someone will make sure it gets posted. Then we'll have a third thread on how bad, or good, a choice it was.
  4. Why is this being discussed in a new thread? A thread was started when Coach Stellman resigned.
  5. Thomas More College has a summer camp, but not sure if it is full contact.
  6. I know UK used to have a full contact camp, but not sure if they still offer it. My son attended for 2 years and really enjoyed it. Of course that's when Curry was coaching there. Not sure about the age limit.
  7. The Panthers went 4-6 this past season.
  8. At Ludlow it was the first year for Randy Borchers. While the Panthers failed to make the post season this past year, I firmly believe Coach Borchers will have tremendous success at Ludlow. I feel he is a dedicated person and will continue to grow as a head coach.
  9. And Happy Holidays to you as well. I get to be the "DD" all year long.
  10. Stating that one would like to see a game between 2 exceptional teams, doesn't imply that CCH should've moved up to 6A. I wouldn't have minded seeing that game myself. I think it would have been a classic.
  11. I would've been happy just to have enough hair to have a mullet.:banana:
  12. I would put their schedules over the past few years against anyone elses in the state. They have played great competition and I'm sure will continue to do so.
  13. Lloyd looking for new coach.
  14. I second that. While I'm not complaining with the BGP poll, I do feel the kids from the lesser known programs get overlooked. I personally did nominate a player from a small school. I didn't think he would make the team but I felt he deserved to be nominated.
  15. When has a NKY school, in any class, ducked anyone?
  16. FYI. There are no NKY. schools in 4A, and the ones I'm guessing you're referring to, petitioned the state to move to 5A. NKY is well represented in 6A though.
  17. Actually 1A had 2 players selected. Kiernan from NCC and Cole from Somerset.
  18. You are right Henry521. If someone has nothing good to say about the players selected, then they should refrain from derogatory comments. It's not the kids fault they made all-state.
  19. That is a good point. However, I doubt we will ever see that happen in this state. The sad truth is that kids from small programs are overlooked year in and year out when it comes to these type of honors. If a kids dominates in class A its because the competition was weak.
  20. That's a very competitive schedule for a small class A program. Nice job by the coaching staff and administration to get quality opponents to play.
  21. Hey leave us little guys down here in Ludlow out of it.:laugh:
  22. LN, I agree with what you're saying. However, at the program I support we try to schedule as best we can and play good competition outside our district. By good competition, I mean teams that we can compete with and not just play them for the sake of playing them. As for the teams down state, it is harder to get those games now due to the cost of travel and everything else that is involved. The voters can't be blamed if they haven't had the opportunity to see a kid play. I know this is on all-state selections, but the NKY. coaches did have the opportunity to see the local kids play and still 1 school that I know of had not one player even mentioned. I know for fact that that 1 young man was as good as anyone at his position on defense. It's almost like a good ole boy network, and the kids from the average A schools consistently are overlooked. Don't mean to ruffle any feathers, thats my take on the situation.
  23. Young men like these get overlooked everyday. That's why Mt. Union in DIII is so dominant. They get most of those overlooked kids from that area and seem to do pretty well. Makes one wonder, because I'm sure there are alot of those kids that could play at a higher level of college ball.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.