Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

traque2

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by traque2

  1. Two team race for regional title- Bullitt East and PRP!! After them I like Fairdale, Butler, Doss, and Southern. Should be a great year in the 6th Region!!
  2. I agree! Coach Klein does a great job and this year's team could be the best St. X team they have had in a while! Don't know if they have enough to compete with Ballard and Trinity- but we will see!!
  3. That is a good question! Louisville now has 4 job openings - Moore, Western, Eastern, and Iroquois.
  4. Class act both on and off the floor! He will be missed!!
  5. It could happen, but I really don't see anyone in Jefferson County hiring him- his reputation precedes him and I really don't think any AD or Principal would want to deal with that! In a time when so much pressure is being put on these school's test scores I cannot see a school's administration wanting to have to worry about their basketball program. But I could be wrong!
  6. They have some nice young talent coming back and they will have a new coach! Coach Handley's contract was not renewed.
  7. Thank you! Still think they have a solid 5 coming back with Hicks, Quick, Page, Owens, and Rice. Back that up with some good young kids and that looks like at least a top ten team to me!
  8. Here are my top 5 coaches in the Louisville area (in no particular order): 1) Dale Mabrey- has talent every year, but they are fundamentally sound offensively and defensively year after year after year! 2) Chris Renner - taylors his style to meet the strengths of his players. Even when they are down they are competing for championships. 3) Troy Barr - has been a great coach for 6-7 years, just recently had the talent to be recognized. 4) Kevin Klein - did a great job at Waggener. This year's team overachieved; next year they will be even better! 5) Doug Bibby - Mr. March!! No other coach in the area gets his team ready to play in the postseason ( back to back regional titles to prove it!). Great teacher of the game. Obviously, there are 5-12 other great coaches in the Louisville area- tough place to win games!
  9. Wow! Great win for Whitefield!
  10. Trinity has seven of their top 10 players back- not to mention their freshman and JV teams have been very good the last couple of years. They will be very good. Probably not as balanced - I think Hicks should have a better chance at standing out! But still a top team in the state.
  11. Let's be honest- coaching is important, but great players win games and championships. Also, from year to year a coach might have a group of kids that are talented and have great team chemistry... and that team plays great and makes the coach look good. The very next year the same coach could have more talent and not do as well. Coaching has a lot to do with managing people and personalities, and their are a lot of coaches that can do this successfully-they just don't have the talent to make it to Rupp Arena (but they are still great coaches)!
  12. There are so many great coaches in Kentucky, but it all depends how you look at it. Some great coaches are coaching teams that only win half their games. You all named some great coaches- but they all come from great programs! Naming great coaches is very subjective and never very accurate!
  13. I think you have to put St. X #3. They bring back almost their whole team and beat Central in regional semifinals last year. Ballard is team to beat.
  14. Don't forget about Trey Rakes, Demetius McReynolds, and both the Samford's at Moore!
  15. Trinity will be the 2nd best team in Louisville behind Ballard! Maybe Bullitt East might be better.
  16. Ballard Madison Central Trinity Bullitt East Henry Clay PRP
  17. Just like anything else- it goes in cycles. Shelby Valley just won a state title not to long ago.
  18. I think a lot of people would agree that Trinity has the best teams on paper- but that doesn't win championships! They are just kids and you never no what can happen in a one game scenario.
  19. I really like GRC. But for them to beat Trinity would take a great game from them and an off-game for Trinity. I believe Trinity is a special team. If they play well I don't think anyone in the state could beat them!
  20. Bullitt East can't match up with Trinity's athleticism- BE will play a lot of 2-3 zone. If Trinity is making the 3 they will win big. If not, it will be anyone's game! Willis was very aggressive against PRP taking more than half their shots. It will be interesting to see how he comes out against Trinity!
  21. Rowan County Hopkinsville Trinity GRC Bowling Green Boone County Scott County John Hardin Rowan County Trinity Bowling Green Scott County Trinity Scott County Trinity 121 points
  22. Must be a DeSales guy to know those names. I spent a lot of time with that team-my dad Lucian was the coach (but I am sure you knew that!!)
  23. I will go with Trinity. I believe they are the best team! But I thought Eastern was the best team last year and they didn't win it- anything can happen!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.