Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FANOFTHE11th

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th

  1. Nice article on Coach Hundley. I predict he will do very well as a head coach.
  2. The old gym at Lex Cath is a classic!!! The players from GRC should take on a positive mindset about it, it's a shooters gym. Stenzel should absolutely light it up in that gym. GRC should in my opinion have a huge advantage on the inside with Rogers. They need to attack the 2-2-1 press and finish with layups, can't be tentative. Lex Cath will shoot well in the old gym as their kids basically grew up on that floor.
  3. Not near as much on the line as if it was win or go home, like in post season regional tournament play. Did they have backboards that light up at the buzzer? Franklin County was beaten by Henry Clay last season because the refs did not count a basket at the buzzer for FC. At EKU the technology was in place with the lighted backboards, to clearly see that the basket should have counted. Refs did not get together to make the right call, FC went home. Sure the coaches were upset, but no police escorts, and no fines. It's inexcusable, Morrow has had repeated reprimands, and he continues the foolishness. I think someone posted 4. I thought it was 3 strikes and you're out? I'm sure there are many quality individuals, with quality basketball credentials, that would love to coach at J Town, where there are such talented athletes.
  4. That is how it should be. It was his actions that brought the fine, and if he does I do believe it will hurt his pocketbook. Not sure what coaches in Jefferson County make in coaching stipends. I would guess that most across the State make in the 5k to 8k range for basketball. Take taxes out of that, then the fine, and the per hour take home for coaching ain't a whole lot. Hey Coach Morrow...the foolishness ain't worth it!!!!!!!! Basketball is just a game!!!!!
  5. $1,500 dollar fine??? Are you kidding me?? Good for KHSAA to hold Coach Morrow accountable!! My question is who will pay the fine? Says the J Town Basketball program. Does this basically translate into the J Town Boys Basketball Boosters? I know that personnel decisions are made by the pricipal so the booster club has no authority over the coach. Will the principal allocate the $1500 to pay the fine? I also know how tight education budgets are as well as athletic budgets. My opinion there is no excuse for Morrow's foolishness. I've witnessed his act before and it ain't pretty. Might it be time for J Town to be looking for a new coach????
  6. I absolutely agree with this, and honestly I think football is his primary sport, but what I meant was that in my opinion, last night he was the best player on the floor. I did not say he would be ranked above all others.
  7. He is playing and doing a good job. Played well last night. Always brings energy and is very strong, but tends to get in foul trouble. He will continue to improve as he is only a freshman.
  8. Good effort by the Flyers who have a very young team themselves. Quite frankly I thought this would be a total blowout and possibly a laugher from the beginning. It was quite the opposite as it was very competitive most of the game. Scott County is good but in my opinion don't have the impact players that I have seen on SC teams in past years. Last night I thought Timmons was without question the best player on the floor.
  9. I got to stick with FHS as the favorite right now. The Frazier twins handle the ball too well, and make their free throws to finish games. "Broadway" Tony Wise has his boys playin well. He has also developed a secret weapon with the Jones kid. He has learned his role and is doing his job.
  10. Should be a great atmosphere, where is the game being played? Yes, Wise did make the guarantee (from a most trusted source). I like the fact that he pulled the "Broadway Joe", making the guarantee, I think it makes it that much more fun!!!
  11. FC went to Versailles as the underdog and stole one last night. Sometimes good things happen when you give maximum effort and you follow the game plan the coach lays out. I think Frankfort is the favorite in the district right now. It will be interesting to see if Coach Wise's guarantee to win district comes to fruition.
  12. I don't neccessarily agree with this. I think Dixie has some other very good players that in sum total make a very nice team. Not taking anything away from Hatton, but if you put the ball in just one player's hand so that he can take more shots, many of those shots become contested shots, and usually the FG % goes down. The other players just start standing around watching one kid take shots, which is never a good thing.
  13. Not much of a surprise here, I've seen his act before, just my opinion, he has no class.
  14. Dixie has a real nice team, I really like the play of #23. Team is well coached.
  15. I think Frankfort is better at this point. The difference is the Frazier twins. They have experience, handle the ball very well, can shoot, and can play defense. When they get a lead late, they can play keep away better than anyone else in the district, and shoot free throws very well. I think they are seniors and good for them that they are having some success.
  16. In watching the You Tube video it looked like the defender blocked his shot and the backboard shattered from Zollo hanging on the rim. Was a foul called on the shot?
  17. Sounds like "Wheel of Fortune" coaching. Spin that wheel enough times and you'll eventually hit bankrupt.
  18. FHS Just simply outplayed FC last night. They took good shots, handled the ball well in the 4th quarter and also in the 4th were something like 14 for 15 from the free throw line. Congratulations Panthers.
  19. Comes from a very trusted source, it was said.
  20. It would be difficult to argue that the streak won't come to an end this season. I do think Woodford will get better and Hundley will be a very good high school coach. Franklin County is young, but what is encouraging is that the defensive effort demanded by Chalk seems to be there with this inexperienced team. I truely think the district is wide open this season whereas the last three seasons FC was the clearcut favorite.
  21. I was told Frankfort's Coach Wise guaranteed FHS would win district this season. I know there is a lot of basketball left to play, but isn't that their second district loss. I definately think they have a lot of talent, and no disrespect to Western Hills, I'm just surprised by this score after The FHS guarantee.
  22. None of these kids are strangers to one another. Franklin County has not been defeated in District play in the last three years. Woodford County has a has a very good 1st year coach and a big kid in the middle that will be difficult for FC to match up with. FC's coach Scott Chalk is very good at putting together the right game plan for his opponents and demands effort on defense. I would have to say that Woodford is the favorite in this one with the big kid in the middle. FC will try to defend him basically with guards, they will have to stay out of foul trouble, and shoot well to win this game.
  23. I think West Jess has a good team. #24 was very good last Friday. Don't know much about the rest of the 12th but I suspect that West will compete for the region title again. As far as summer ball, it can be deceiving sometimes.
  24. Franklin County simply looked to be the better team. If FC was in a region like the 12th they could compete for a spot at Rupp Arena. West Jess should be thankful they are in the 12th instead if the 11th.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.