Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th
-
Franklin County 58 Woodford County 48
This would be considered a big upset by many. Defense won the game for FC. Jay Johnson was off balance all night. Roberts and Maupin did a great job on the bigger Johnson all night. Eric Meyer contained Greenwell as well. Defensive effort was the difference.
-
George Rogers Clark 64 Franklin County 55
Thanks Wildcat good to see you as well. Hope you guys win the 10th Region!! Transy won a good one at Hanover Wednesday in a hostile environment. Rash hit a couple of big shots down the stretch. My "basketball fan legs" are getting weary attending home games and traveling to away games for both high school and College, but I'm not complaining. Best of luck to your grandsons!!!!
-
George Rogers Clark 64 Franklin County 55
Cograts to GRC on the win. Franklin County has had a brutal schedule this year. Two FC starters did not play Hamilton, and Woodside as they were in street clothes on the bench. I really thought FC should have won this game but I guess the starters ran out of gas. GRC made there comeback when FC had their JV team in 4th quarter. Once GRC got the lead and FC's starters reentered the game FC did not make their shots nor did it appear they had enough juice left to comback and win.
-
Henry Clay 63 Scott County 59
Henry Clay must have contested the three very well. Players most always shoot a lower percentage when the shot is contested as compared to an open shot.
-
Madison Central 78 Trinity 77
You have got to be kidding me. So what you are saying is that the only way it should have been a foul is if there was a tackle. What if the defender grabs an arm, or holds the other player's jersey? Should the play have been a foul at the end of the first quarter and not at the end of the game? I agree that it is a shame that with so little time on the clock a foul call decides the game (although the kid did have to make the pressure free throw). But IMO the Trinity player defended the inbounds pass very poorly and it was a foul.
-
Madison Central 78 Trinity 77
I just watched the ytube replay and I have to respectfully disagree with you on this loubballfan. The MC player was throwing the ball in not shooting the ball. IMO the Trinity player backed into the MC player with two hands on him holding him down keeping him from elevating. It was clearly poor defense of the inbounds lob and in my opinion clearly a foul. The Trinity player should have tried to deflect the pass as opposed to initiating contact as if he was blocking the MC player out.
-
Woodford County 73 Dixie Heights 70
Great win for Woodford. Hundly is doin an outstanding job, he is one of the best young coaches in KY High School Basketball.
-
Woodford County 89 Franklin County74
FC made a nice comeback to take the lead at the end of the 3rd quarter. Close game until the final three minutes or so when WC executed better as team than FC. A little too much 1 on 1 down the stretch for FC in my opinion. Johnson took a nasty fall on a rebound in the 4th and appeared to hurt the knee that sidelined him last summer, but he did re enter the game. Glad it was not serious.
-
Franklin County 67 Frankfort 66
Timmon's never gave up and showed what a competitor/leader he is. Also I thought Rowe provided a spark for the team in the 2nd half. Credit to the Panthers as they outplayed, outshot, and out hustled FC for most of the game. As well as FHS played, I honestly thought they deserved to win the game. Outside of Timmon's consistent effort and maybe a few others, Franklin County remains a mystery as to who will show up.
-
Franklin County 61 Logan County 54
Timmon's is a competitor, and a winner. He will do whatever it takes to help his team win. FC was down 11 at the half, and came with a great team effort to win the game In the second half. Chris Roberts dominated the glass in the 3rd and 4th quarters.
-
Woodford County 54 Tates Creek 43
Woodford is well coached team.
-
Franklin County 74 Jeffersontown 62
Based on what I witnessed last night, I would say overrated would be the correct description of J Town. Franklin County???...."C MON MAN!!!"
-
Franklin County 74 Jeffersontown 62
JTown's big man was in street clothes. I was told he was the only one out. Timmons dominated #10 for J Town all night. #4 Dorsey I think looked frustrated in the 4th by FC's defense. Someone tell me, does their big man make that big a difference that they are #9 in the state? If they are that good they should have beaten FC without the big man. No one on J Towns team could match Timmon's speed, he simply dominated.
-
Franklin County 58 Woodford County 56
I like the way Hundly has his team playing. He is a good coach, his kids seem very comfortable on the floor, and defensive effort is solid. For FC, I think they can be much better than they played this night against Woodford. They are not close to playing as well as I have seen them play in the past. They really didn't lose much from last years team and gained Logan Woodside. FC beat Woodford last season twice with Johnson on the floor but lost in the district finals. FC needs more consistent team defensive effort. Every district game is important with regard to seeding in the District Tourny.
-
Collins 54 Franklin County 51
FC snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in this one.
-
West Jessamine 66 Franklin County 57
Franklin County looked terrible in this game, especially in the first quarter. Team defensive effort was lacking. Looked to me like several of the kids were verbally making excuses for defensive mistakes. My observation is that there are alignment issues with some of the players as well as a lack of respect for the coaches. This team will not be very good unless they start respecting the coaching staff and start playing for one another. West Jessamine on the other hand was very team oriented, executed the coach's game plan, and shot lights out in the first quarter.
-
High School Scrimmage Tournament Moved from Rupp by the NCAA
Does this mean that the Boys KHSAA Sweet 16 will not be played in Rupp Arena any more?
-
Montgomery Co./ Franklin Co. Scrimmage
Tony Wise is a good coach and expect he will have success at Montgomery Co..
-
Jaysean Paige Ruled Ineligible To Play In Kentucky
I have no problem with his eligibility here, he did sit out as per the KHSAA rules. If his family is payng full boat on the tuition I have no issue with the Hicks transfer to Trinity. Not sure what tuition is but I would guess it is near 10K per year.
-
Franklin County 41 Montgomery County 14
Awesome regular season Flyers!!!!!
-
Cats' Pause 11th Region Preview
Good list there mooremiller. Let me point out some sleepers, maybe not top 10 but all could have big years, Eric Meyer, Logan Woodside, and Garrett Hamilton. All three of these guys can be dangerous for there opponents by putting up big numbers on a given night.
-
Cats' Pause 11th Region Preview
His defense turns into offense. He gets tons of layups. I saw him play against Scott County last season nad they didn't have anyone that could guard him in that game.
-
Cats' Pause 11th Region Preview
Ryan Timmons gets not even a mention. You guys have got to be kidding me. I know he is football first, but his speed is unreal. Although he is not a great outside shooter, his speed, defense, and ability to get to the rim are pretty good.
-
Frankfort vs. Franklin County predictions
I disagree with the statement in bold. If I recall Frankfort has beaten Franklin County in the past. I will say this, if FC overlooks Frankfort they will get beat. This is a great rivalry that should continue into the future. Both schools have football history and tradition. I believe that FC should win this game, but that doesn't mean they will. Being the larger school they have the advantage just based on numbers. FC is not short on talent this year, but they have to show up and play hard to defeat a very talented Frankfort High football team. I wish both teams the best of luck, and to stay injury free, but at the end of the night I have to go with Ryan Timmons and the Flyers!!!!!
-
Tony Wise new coach at Montgomery County
Wise will do a great job at MC.