Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats' Pause 11th Region Preview

Featured Replies

Written by: James Pennington/ Cats' Pause

 

Teams:

 

1. Scott Co

2. Madison Central

3. Lexington Catholic

4. Lexington Christian

5. Tates Creek

6. Woodford Co

7. Bryan Station

8. Henry Clay

9. Franklin Co

10 Dunbar

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he wrote this preview a while ago.

 

Surely Henry Clay will be a top 5 team in the region. Especially with Christen Cunningham added to the team . Who else does LexCath have after Ross Muncy and Craig Floyd to garner the #3 spot? Jaylen Beckham is not at Bryan Station so I wouldn't think they'd be better than Henry Clay. Without Jay Johnson Woodford County isn't a top 10 team. I know Dunbar picked up Mike Smith from Sayre. Dunbar may surprise some folks. They were kind of young last year. Adding Mike Smith should only help them.

I agree with you Purple Pride. I don't think the Cats Pause did their homework very well. Henry Clay is loaded!

 

Another transfer, Logan Woodside, that you didn't mention should boost Franklin County as well.

  • Author

Not much stock in these picks. Last year Jackson Davis did not make the top 10 player list. This year Green of HC didn't make it.

This top ten must be for a different sport....not Boy's Basketball.

 

Maybe it is for a different year.....not 2011-12.

This top ten must be for a different sport....not Boy's Basketball.

 

Maybe it is for a different year.....not 2011-12.

 

 

:laugh:

 

This made me laugh out loud. Well done.

Not much stock in these picks. Last year Jackson Davis did not make the top 10 player list. This year Green of HC didn't make it.

 

 

Yeah, I'd love see this list. No Green? Come on now....

  • Author
Yeah, I'd love see this list. No Green? Come on now....

 

Here you go:

 

1.Tamron Maning

2. Taylor Barnette

3. Jay Johnson

4.Jackson Davis

5. Mike Smith

6. Dominique Hawkins

7. Larry Morton

8. Wes Kimball

9. Graig Floyd

10 Darius Gibson

The top 3 teams (and adding Henry Clay to the mix) is pretty accurate. I think Lafayette should probably be in the top 10. Woodford Co. will be significantly hurt without Jay Johnson. The latest is that Jaylen will be at Bryan Station (his prep school fell through). Lex Cath will also have Bryan Woomer (starter last year), Patrick Keller, and Jack Whitman who have significant varsity experience. Franklin Co. may be a surprise team. If Mike Smith is as good as John Wall, then Dunbar's ranking is accurate.

Will Jaylen be a junior or senior? Didn't he reclassify or something?

 

So LexCath will be that good?

 

No Trey Grundy or Jordan Green in the top 10 players?

 

Looks like the 11th will be a lot of fun.

 

Will Scott County be challenged or is it their region for the taking?

Will Jaylen be a junior or senior? Didn't he reclassify or something?

 

So LexCath will be that good?

 

No Trey Grundy or Jordan Green in the top 10 players?

 

Looks like the 11th will be a lot of fun.

 

Will Scott County be challenged or is it their region for the taking?

 

I think the region is WIDE open. If Henry Clay's young kids step up (which I do expect), they will be a tough out. And, if Beckham becomes eligibile at Bryan Station prior to the district, they will make a first-round matchup of them vs. Scott County or Henry Clay one of the best first-round district games in the state. Having said that, based on last year's finish, I think you have to install as Madison Central as the favorite.

 

As far as players, any list in the 11th that doesn't include Isaiah Ivey from Scott County is missing the boat. Although I am sure people can name 10 players in the region to make the same case, such as Green and Grundy. By the way, I don't think Green and Grundy are there yet to be ranked on the high school level. Will they be there by the end of the year? Quite possibly, but they haven't done enough yet on the high school level (great on the AAU scene) to warrant a top 10 ranking yet.

I think the region is WIDE open. If Henry Clay's young kids step up (which I do expect), they will be a tough out. And, if Beckham becomes eligibile at Bryan Station prior to the district, they will make a first-round matchup of them vs. Scott County or Henry Clay one of the best first-round district games in the state. Having said that, based on last year's finish, I think you have to install as Madison Central as the favorite.

 

As far as players, any list in the 11th that doesn't include Isaiah Ivey from Scott County is missing the boat. Although I am sure people can name 10 players in the region to make the same case, such as Green and Grundy. By the way, I don't think Green and Grundy are there yet to be ranked on the high school level. Will they be there by the end of the year? Quite possibly, but they haven't done enough yet on the high school level (great on the AAU scene) to warrant a top 10 ranking yet.

 

I agree with you about Ivey as well as your assessment on Grundy and Green. I expect all three to make the top ten list at the end of the year.

 

Yeah, the 11th is going to be very interesting.

Here you go:

 

1.Tamron Maning

2. Taylor Barnette

3. Jay Johnson

4.Jackson Davis

5. Mike Smith

6. Dominique Hawkins

7. Larry Morton

8. Wes Kimball

9. Graig Floyd

10 Darius Gibson

 

Must be a senior list?

Hawkins may be the best Junior in the state.

  • Author
Must be a senior list?

No, Jackson Davis is on there. Poor list IMO. Was last year too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.