Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Wise new coach at Montgomery County

Featured Replies

From what I have been hearing this is a great hire for the Indians. Coach Wise, welcome to the 40th district and the 10th region. :thumb:

I am looking forward to who the assistants will be. And what will be his involvement with the middle school program.

  • Author
I am looking forward to who the assistants will be. And what will be his involvement with the middle school program.

 

When you find out....let us know.

There is no doubt this is a fantastic hire for MC. He did a great job down here in Florida going to the final 4 his last year and then moving to Al., then Ky., because of his wife's job. The team he left in Gainesville the next year won the state title. I tend to judge how a program goes after a coach leaves as to how good a coach is in some cases, certainly not all cases. Tony's team did win state the year after he left, but hasn't done much since, and they were a state power every year while he was at the helm. Yes he is a friend and I am happy for him, but I have a lot of friends in coaching who I don't think are great coaches, but Tony is a great coach who will do a great job I assure you.

How much was he involved in his feeder program at Frankfort?

How much was he involved in his feeder program at Frankfort?

 

Was told from a reliable source that the Super told Wise the middle school needed their own identity. So any effort made by Wise to involve the middle school was shot down. Not to mention that you better not touch Foley's football prospects!!!

Was told from a reliable source that the Super told Wise the middle school needed their own identity. So any effort made by Wise to involve the middle school was shot down. Not to mention that you better not touch Foley's football prospects!!!

 

Wow, really? The only conversation that may have occurred remotely resembling that was "don't go raid the middle school program of its players. Work with the middle school coach to decide when to pull people up and who had earned the the chance to play with the high school."

I don't believe that there was any friction between Football and Basketball from the football part. Foley always encouraged the players to play basketball. I don't believe Coach Wise always wanted any interference from the Administration. Foley is the AD.

  • Author
What happened to Griesser?

 

Took another job. He will be the Dean of Students at Royal Springs Middle School in Scott County.

  • Author

Article on Wise:

 

Wise resigns from FHS, heads to Montgomery Co.

 

http://www.state-journal.com/news/article/5079855

 

When your dream job comes along there’s only one thing to do – take it.

 

“For me, this was one of my two dream jobs, and this one was first on the list,” Wise said. “Montgomery was like a second home for me when I was growing up. I have a lot of friends there, and one of them joked that one day I’d coach Montgomery County.”

 

Wise takes over a team that went 15-15 last season and finished as district runner-up. In the past 14 years the Indians have advanced to the 10th Region tournament 13 times.

“It’s a one-school town and they’re very passionate about sports, especially basketball,” he said. “It’s in a very competitive region.

 

About five or six years ago they renovated their sports facilities, and they’re second to none. They have a 4,000-plus arena. It’s a community that’s really committed to Montgomery County athletics.”

 

This winter Wise will begin his 16th year in coaching and 11th as a head coach. Besides coaching at Montgomery County he’ll be a student advocate working with at-risk students.

 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.