Henry Clay 63 Scott County 59

Henry Clay is getting hot with post season coming up. Last week they knocked off #1 Madison Central. Tonight they beat #4 Scott Co.

2/3/2012

Henry Clay 63

Scott Co. 59

Henry Clay13161222 63

Scott Co.1192019 59

Henry Clay (19-6) -- Cunningham 19, Grundy 12, Kimball 4, Blackburn 8, Green 12, Tichenor 8.

Scott Co. (21-4) -- Haddix 2, Richardson 7, Gilbert 8, Harris 10, Ivey 17, Manning 15.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/1040329/latest-boys-high-school-basketball.html?appSession=440269587447718&RecordID=12859&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=&cbCurrentRecordPosition=14#storylink=cpy

As I have said before Henry Clay is most talented team in the region. The sophomores were all good, especially Christen Cunningham on his return to Scott County. Tichenor w as a factor inside for HC as well.

The game got away from Scott County in the second quarter when Tamron Manning committed his 3rd foul with six minutes left. Scott County was down 12 early third and ends up taking a one point lead early 4th. Henry Clay responded with an 8-0 run. Scott County exerted so much energy to get back in the game. Cunningham took control offensively late and shot 12 free throws in the 4th as SC was continually called for hand checks.

Looking forward to the rubber match I the district finals.

They aren't going anywhere. The 3 have played together since they were in 2nd grade.

Good. I plan on watching the Louisville Magic at every opportunity this summer. I wonder if prep school opportunities may come in the future. If so I hope they resist and stay at Henry Clay. I am already making plans to follow them a lot more closely starting next year.

Nice W for HC. Does Dylan Portwood still play for SC? Didn't see his name in the box.
Not this year. Said he was burned out from going everyday and wanted time off from competitive basketball. I would expect him back next year but you never know.

Henry Clay played no help with Gilbert and that shut him down. He was 0 for 6. Manning has improved his outside shooting this year but had a tough night last night (0 for 7). His were no more contested than they been all year, just a bad night. Would have liked to see him take less and play inside more, but Scott County played from behind most of the game.

I saw Henry Clay in December in the Coal Classic at Perry Central. They have a young team but I could see where they had a lot of upside. They lost to Perry Central 59-53 but defeated Hazard the next night 62-50. Scott County defeated Hazard and host Perry Central and won the tournament.

The Blue Devils are hot at the right time, having won 10 straight games.