Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

gotnogame

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gotnogame

  1. I can remember that 15 - 20 years ago a lot of "fans / parents / boosters" complained that the NKY refs would call the game too close. When it came time for the sweet 16 NKY teams could't adjust to the more physical play that is played in the rest of the state. I personally think that is true, I welcome more physical play. Nobody wants to watch a free throw contest. Also, I don't think that the refs shoud control the tempers, that is up to the coach.
  2. The right tackle, he was hurt a couple of games last year (don't know the name sorry). He has the footwork, quickness & can passblock like what is needed on the varsity level. He also has decent size. I see Smith on the d-line. He has tremendous speed and strength to compete.
  3. The Smith kid wasn't even the best Fros. lineman.
  4. I don't know about "huge" lineman. They have one Jr. to be lineman that is big, but with bad knees. They have a few Soph-to-be lineman with good size that may contribute on the line next year too.
  5. Well you voted for them in the poll so if the Ads lose it's all your fault!!!:lol: I also noticed that the Guru hasn't voted, could he be the tie breaker? GO BREDS!!!!!
  6. If you need to be motivated for a State Championship game you lost before you take the field!
  7. Ryle doesn't have the Alumni base that other schools have, that, along with the Bengals game, the weather & 2 other NKY teams playing Friday I would bet under 8k for this game.
  8. Although they only had a JV schedule watch out Bishop Brossart's student section. If they support football like they do their other sports they are as wild and crazy as anybody.
  9. Maybe the team was told to donate blood on a certain day and these players decided to ignore the coach. I'm sure we don't know everything.
  10. I don't think this is telling the whole story. We're missing something here.
  11. NCC will play either Holy Cross or Beechwood. They had both beat in the regular season but ended up short because of too many mistakes. I don't think they will make those mistakes again in the playoffs.
  12. I have a customer in Orlando who told me this story this morning. His son plays is a youth football league (5th & 6th graders) in the central Florida area. Team A is losing by 6 points, less than 3 minutes to play in the game and they are facing a 4th and 40 because of penalties and a QB sack. Team A lines up with 3 in the backfield. When the QB takes the snap he purposely hands the ball to a team B player. The 3 players in the backfield surround the team B player with the ball and strip it away and recover the fumble. So it should be first and 10 team A because of the change of possession. The refs huddle for a while and they call an unsportsmanlike penalty against team A. Team B then runs out the clock and wins the game. Now, I believe that this is a “bush” league play but is it against the rules?
  13. I asked this in another thread without an answer. How did Newport win the 3 way tie with Bellevue & NCC?
  14. Do you know how they broke the 3 way tie?
  15. Newport, NewCath & Bellevue were all 2-1 in the East. NCC beat Bellevue, Bellevue beat Newport, Newport beat NCC. I have no idea who will play out of this. I overheard someone say they will go by total points scored but I don't know who that is or if it's even true.
  16. That would be a shame if it's true, but I know that Ludlow has sophmore's playing on their team.
  17. I saw Newports schedule and it says that they play NewCath Thursday 10/5/06. I saw NewCath's schedule and it says that they play Bracken Co. on 10/5/06 then they play Newport on 10/12/06. Does anyone know which schedule is correct? (I looked at each schools website).
  18. How do you forget something like this. Highlands has played it FOREVER.:sleep:
  19. If they have kids that want to come to their (HC) program that is a testament to the school and coaching staff. I think it's great for NKY football to have another small school powerhouse. HC isn't a powerhouse yet, but they have come a long way and they will get their soon.
  20. I think the HC and NCC folks may have something to say about that!:ylsuper:
  21. That game could be a preview of the A/AA championship. I hope they move the game off the hill to the new turf at Newport. Is everone healthy, who has the edge in this game? Looks like HC hasn't been in a close game yet.
  22. Are any of these guys being lookd at by scouts?
  23. I’m sure everyone remembers the Washington Redskins offensive line named “The Hogs”. Here are their stats: Joe Jacoby 6’-7” 320 Lbs. George Starke 6’-5” 260 Lbs. Russ Grimm 6’-3” 275 Lbs. Mark May 6’-6” 288 Jeff Bostic 6’-2” 250 Average 278 Lbs. In this day and age, with the exception of Jacoby, would they even get looked at for College?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.