Newcath 07

Newcath37

Anybody have any info on the breds next year?

its never too early to ask...

I'll play along.

QB obviously the main concern. Will Parr be injury-free and follow Smith, Diehl, and Harris as double threats? Who replaces Vicars at tailback which might be the biggest shoes to fill? Bunch of huge junior-to-be lineman but very little varsity experience there. Receivers should be a strength.

On defense again only two experienced down linemen and a couple linebackers return. So it depends on how the junior class develops. The secondary should be a strength as most of the returning receivers play both ways.

The schedule is a major killer. A 5-5 regular season would be decent, anything above that gravy.

I'll play along.

QB obviously the main concern. Will Parr be injury-free and follow Smith, Diehl, and Harris as double threats? Who replaces Vicars at tailback which might be the biggest shoes to fill? Bunch of huge junior-to-be lineman but very little varsity experience there. Receivers should be a strength.

On defense again only two experienced down linemen and a couple linebackers return. So it depends on how the junior class develops. The secondary should be a strength as most of the returning receivers play both ways.

The schedule is a major killer. A 5-5 regular season would be decent, anything above that gravy.

I don't know about "huge" lineman. They have one Jr. to be lineman that is big, but with bad knees. They have a few Soph-to-be lineman with good size that may contribute on the line next year too.

next year for newcath will be a good year. i think the breds will win 2A. with that said, ncc's offense will be the big suprise for next as they have to replace the entire offensive line. the top candidates will be Wedding, Eviston, Keating, Biggs (all seniors to be) and the last spot will probably go to either Schmitt (senior) or Smith (sophmore).

yes he was. who was better?

The right tackle, he was hurt a couple of games last year (don't know the name sorry). He has the footwork, quickness & can passblock like what is needed on the varsity level. He also has decent size. I see Smith on the d-line. He has tremendous speed and strength to compete.

The right tackle, he was hurt a couple of games last year (don't know the name sorry). He has the footwork, quickness & can passblock like what is needed on the varsity level. He also has decent size. I see Smith on the d-line. He has tremendous speed and strength to compete.

his name is Michael Leopold, i agree he is good and will be good in the future, i'm just saying that Smith is a better ball player than as of right now

his name is Michael Leopold, i agree he is good and will be good in the future, i'm just saying that Smith is a better ball player than as of right now

As an old "horse handicapper", I look at the breeding and how the siblings performed. That said, and without seeing either kid play, I'd say who's better doesn't matter! NCC looks to have a couple "stud" players on the way! Good luck to both!:dancingpa

What is the story on current sophomore Ben Parr? I heard he hurt his shoulder in summer baseball ... did he dress at all this year? Word on the street is he is an outstanding QB or was as a Frosh.

My question also would be....isnt Harris a Jr. though? With the way he played in the state game... you gotta think he has the inside track at QB again.