Everything posted by WoodyJr
-
Blume or Beach
By the answers i was seeing I assumed it had to be limited to just a few recent years Woody Jr
-
The CJ Editorial Board Responds To KHSAA's Action
....to what is it - 32 teams per class in the opening round (I didnt take time to count - but you get my drift) I know you really want to win at least one debate (for a change):lol: But can even you not comprehend what was written above ??? Come on, you're just embarrassing yourself further:sssh: Woody Jr
-
The CJ Editorial Board Responds To KHSAA's Action
I post anything I like. It wasn't an exact quote. If some can't interpret all the words posted, thats their problem in life.:creepy:
-
The CJ Editorial Board Responds To KHSAA's Action
02, Yeah its actually 64 - which makes my point even more, doesn't it I'm not sure why you feel the need to respond to my post. Are you just wanting to argue about something?:creepy: We were talking about travel expenses and I was simply noting that concerns about travel for rounds now efected by a rotation factor are way different than the opening two rounds. There are vastly less number of teams traveling after the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. There are HALF the number of games played - everyone gets that I hope. Here is my quote you felt the need to dissect: Keep in mind that at that level of the playoffs you only have a few teams potentially traveling in each class as opposed to what is it - 32 teams per class in the opening round (I didnt take time to count - but you get my drift) OK since you apparently can't/won't acknowledge the part I bolded for you this time, I will try to give you a more precise breakdown this time. Each class has 16 opening round games - that means 16 teams travel in the opening round. KY has 4 classes, so that means there are 64 opening round games - so that means there are 64 teams traveling in just the opening round of the KY HS football playoffs. After the initial 2 rounds of playoffs, that leaves us with 4 games in each class and a total of 16 games in the state. That means the new rotation plan will potentially effect only 16 traveling teams (NOT 64) My point was/is that the complaints about that potential longer travel distance with the new plan will only effect a maximum of 16 teams - not the 64 in the opening round. As I said BIG DIFFERENCE. With my original quote, I just said off the top of my head: "32" teams per class in the first round, when it is actually only 16 (per class). WOW:rolleyes: But as anyone & everyone can PLAINLY see I noted that I was just throwing out the # and stated: "I didnt take the time to count - but you get my drift" So I mistakenly used 32 instead of 16??? I clearly noted the irrelevance of the actual # What is your problem with that and did you not understand that it has NOTHING to do with the issue being discussed? Do you get my drift now ?? Woody Jr
-
Who will be in Highlands' district in 2006?
Thats what I was getting at. Im not an expert on NKY so I didnt want to shout down another but it jjust didnt make sense to me? Woody Jr
-
Who will be in Highlands' district in 2006?
A multiplier for same sex schools is a straight forward, common sense idea for most people IMO. Woody Jr
-
Who should be the New Boyd County Coach?
Perhaps part of the difficulty is the principal issue ?? I am not privy to any facts currently at BC but does anyone else feel that part of the reason for only 2 applicants (if true) could partially be included in my earlier post #78: "On the other side a school can also lose respect in the way they handle coach searches and the hiring process. I think most of us often dont know what goes on behind the scenes and form opinions based on conjecture or personal feelings. When you see schools have a hard time keeping or getting quality coaches, or recycyling coaches on a regular basis you may want to consider its because some do not trust or feel comfortable with how that school has handled matters in the past. Coaches do talk you know" Just a thought Woody Jr
-
Who will be in Highlands' district in 2006?
I always had the impression that Highlands was on the smaller end of the class - # wise. Is that wrong or has it changed? Thanx, Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Thanks Westerner:thumb: Ive gotten so tired of hearing the line that it was previously changed to keep Louisville out of the final. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha :D That has never made sense b/c louisville has always been so strong in the bigger classes & bound to make the finals consistently - due in part to the vast number of the big schools being IN Lou. Your point is backed up by the fact that Ashland had to go to Paducah (we chartered a plane as a matter of fact) for the old State-at-large championship game, then we lost to St X at the Fairgrounds after I assume they did indeed stay in Jeff Co. the whole month. So lets hear from the Louisvillites on westsiders point :thumb: Woody Jr
-
Who should be the New Boyd County Coach?
I don't recall BC EVER beating Ashland 7 in a row - EVER Woody Jr
-
The CJ Editorial Board Responds To KHSAA's Action
Ahhhhh - great minds ! :thumb: Woody Jr
-
The CJ Editorial Board Responds To KHSAA's Action
Keep in mind that at that level of the playoffs you only have a few teams potentially traveling in each class as opposed to what is it - 32 teams per class in the opening round (I didnt take time to count - but you get my drift) BIG difference Woody Jr
-
The CJ Editorial Board Responds To KHSAA's Action
If not for their success perhaps no public/private talk:thumb: It's very fair to feel that perhaps this change was made to slow/stop/delay the split talk. BUT as leatherneck has pointed out elsewhere repeatedly, coaches had talked about? requested? or been informed? that a rotation plan was coming? possible? worked on? [your choice of words for each - but it was NOT an unknown idea from what Ive seen/heard] The rotation is not just about 4A & T/X it's about the whole state of KY HS football. Thats what I was attempting to get at with my comment about the CJ editorial - they wrote it up in a way that to "me" only adds to the conspiracy mania in Louisville; not as a complete story of what it is about. [a complaint about KHSAA PR is well founded but doesnt justify a major state paper slanting news like they did IMHO] AGAIN - the rotation plan is a good one worth trying for everyone I feel. It is scheduled to rotate next year so manual et al won't be in the same situation for several years (unless new classes change thingsa all together) Other can say it's "convenient" that X T have been in opposite regions all this time where they can build and prepare for the showdown rather than be forced to play again sooner than they may prefer. So be it - they have been, so thats just the way it's "been" ... as I've debated with a few:D it seems that this recent setup is taken as gospel and the point of fact from which all discussions flow. It's not- IMO, it's just the way it's been for awhile (for whatever reason - Im not getting into the conspiracy stuff). Also, the best 2 teams in the finals is a red herring - it has nothing to do with the argument. Woody Jr
-
Who should be the New Boyd County Coach?
I wanted to give him a chance to validate his statement before I got warmed up :laugh: :laugh: Woody Jr
-
The CJ Editorial Board Responds To KHSAA's Action
When will people stop with the tired old refrain of "We should have the 2 best teams in the finals" Whenever you set up a playoff bracket designed soley on geographic districts/regions the odds are AGAINST having the 2 best teams in the finals EVER ! Who out there STILL does not understand this very SIMPLE concept? .....CJ writers ?? ...........Athletic Directors?? .......anyone?? PLEASE stop with this mantra of a 6 year old mentality ! And the CJ editorial - further evidence of weak investigative and reporting skills, not to mention supporting the egocentric 4A mentality, and of course by default Lou. itself. "But the KHSAA board of control's decision(s) .... to use a draw for pairings in the remainder of the playoffs will spread joy among those who resent seeing St. Xavier, Trinity and/or Male in the 4-A championship every year." Go on ....., and ...... ??? I guess the 3 other classes and hundreds of schools dont factor into the KHSAA actions at all - huh? And when any of us suggests a Louisville center-of-the-world mentality we are knocked as attacking Louisville??? OK if you say so.:lol: Cheers, Woody Jr
-
Who should be the New Boyd County Coach?
Are you saying you beat Ashland 7 straight years ??????? Woody Jr
-
Raceland 6 Ashland 3
Congrats to the Rams MY 2 favorite teams are Ashland and whoever plays _________ Best of luck Woody Jr
-
Who should be the New Boyd County Coach?
I've always questioned whether the time & focus factor involved with running a spread or more wide open offense tended to detract from the defensive side of the ball for those teams - especially for HS with much more 2way players. 1. it seems to take quite a bit of time to master it well 2. the defense tends not to get the physical nature that power teams often have Just my opinion, Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
and you have such a sweet, innocent looking pup there
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Thats it herd, keep going !!:thumb: :ylsuper: Get them mad at you and maybe they will forget about me:p :sssh: Woody Jr
-
Round 3 "Blind Draw" Matchups for 2006
TWO :thumb: :thumb:'s up, :thumb: for anyone expressing a belief that theres no need for changes b/c KY HS football has indeed been getting stronger every year IMO. Thats fair. :thumb: for LN expressing the belief we should not be so quick to read illicit meanings into everything. Thats moderation at its finest. :creepy: for KHSAA doing what beauracratic organizations do. (maybe if they start collecting gate %'s they can get a good PR person) Woody Jr
-
Could Mercer/Harrodsburg Consolidated be forced to play 3A in 2006?
On a side note, I'm not an expert on 2A but i believe Mercer & Newport are now on the other side of the playoff bracket from you & Belfry. Doesnt that make a carpet ride much higher probability for one of you 2 now? Let us know if I have that right Woody Jr
-
Raceland 7 Rowan County 5
Im going to wait till your players are off to Mhead and cant see a computer screen before I joke with you further oldRambler :devil: Woody Jr:D
-
Boyd Co. Making Cuts During Last JV Game
Isnt this about the age Jody told them they had to concentrate on just one sport ? ;) Cheerfully, Woody Jr
-
Raceland 7 Rowan County 5
I think you are reading something into my exchange with my Rambler friends that is not there Woody Jr