Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SKINPIG

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SKINPIG

  1. You was not gonna to say Clay County!! If you were, you obviously haven't been to game at Clay in the past 9 or 10 years. During the regular season Clay probably averages around 350 to 400 quiet fans. The students don't even get interested till tourney time. It's sad but true. The Cardinals don't need referees to help them win games, they do a fine job of winning on their own. The defending state champs with a Mr. Basketball candidate will get some well deserved breaks, if you will. The comment I made is being taken wrong, I should have left it out. Homers are everywhere man, no more in Clay than any other county. For some reason it just seems to sting a little more when it happens at Clay. As far as being jealous about another team stealing the thunder, aint no thunder been stolen yet. Clay may not win the region this year but make no mistake, the thunder is coming along with some lightning! :fight: Speaking of jealousy...Every time someone that might be from Clay makes a bold or sideways comment on BGP they get hammered like no other. It shows me that Clay is right up there in the front of a lot of people's mind. HMMMM, let's see, JEALOUSY??? OINK! :banana:
  2. It used to be Clay in the 13th but from what I've seen this year it looks like South Laurel is going to have zebras setting their picks for a while.
  3. Funny you mention Richie Farmer. Sometimes I get the impression some Mtn players think if they can avg 25 or 30 points a game they'll get some looks and letters from some decent colleges. Sad part is I dont think they realize that D1, D2 and NAIA coaches don't recruit players that haven't proved they can guard somebody. Will Jones is a good example at Clay. He's been a very good player for Clay since he was a freshman, he's a great kid with alot of offensive skills, could be one of the best mid-range shooters to ever play at Clay. The BUZZ on Jones is; as soon as he hones his defensive skills (he has shown improvement as of late) and proves he's a complete player his phone will start ringing, possibly even OVC! I know Mountain teams can play defense, I've seen em do it. :thumb:
  4. You're right, it never stops me, I'm a PIG man, OINK! OINK! There is alot more than meets the eye in this story and out of respect for the parties involved, I choose not to discuss it any further. Again, NUFF SAID! :mad:
  5. I sat right behind the bench and during timeouts it was obvious who was in charge. I could tell who the kids were fixated on. In no way am I trying to disrespect either coach, it's just how it looked to me. They both did a good job in the absense of Gray. :thumb: Oh Yea, I haven't seen Clay play defense yet as a team.
  6. Seems like alot of refs are thin skinned this year. Was dishing out T's a point of emphasis this year? Maybe some referee can enlighten us.
  7. I except the Laurel's as being Mountain teams and after seeing several Mtn teams play I would have to say that South is the only team that I've seen that takes pride in their defense. I also liked the way Leslie Co. plays hard on "D". I can't think of another team I've watched that gets in your face from start to finish. For some reason, coaches in the Mtns seem to be having problems getting their players to play both sides of the ball. Who's got the answer? :confused:
  8. Messer may have been the head coach on the radio but it looked to me like Coach Combs did 99.9% of the coaching on the floor in the victory.
  9. I didn't say it was the best they played in years, I said they played "harder than they have in years", I thought that was obvious. Unfotunately they haven't played that "hard" since.
  10. You shouldn't make comments on a subject you know nothing about. There is a whole lot more to the story than you will ever know. I'm sure "those Clay guys" know you can't go from school to school without meeting certain requirements. It's an unfortunate situation and the KHSAA dropped the ball in this case. Nuff said! :sssh:
  11. I like Lewis at the #2 although he seems to have the leadership qualities required at the point. Big A Hibbard had to leave the team for personal reasons, D. Sizemore couldn't get elligible unfortunately (KHSAA really missed this case) and K. Marcum is recovering from shoulder surgery and wont return until next season.
  12. I doubt B'ville or Bell could play with Ballard. Clay had a super game that night and played harder than they have in years.
  13. Some wouldn't give credit to Clay under any circumstance. Sometimes I just LOVE being a Clay Countian. :dancingpa
  14. There's one thing that is guaranteed, and that is, they have struggled and will continue to stuggle, BUT, they are on pace to certainly win more than 20. I'm anxious to see if coach Gray can get his guard play to improve over the next few weeks.
  15. I know it was preseason but Clay beat Ballard.
  16. C'mon snowy! Not close to 20 wins? :confused: How many do you think they'll win, 15? they've got 8 or 9 now. Are you saying Clay may only win 7 more games?
  17. Yes coach Messer is doing a fine job, I haven't dissagreed with you on that. We'll have to see how coach Gray works out at Clay before discussing this further. Heck!, I love Messer's sideline behavior. I like a coach with grit in his(you know what).
  18. I'm sure it would have been tougher For Todd to start at Clay behind Bobby Kieth than to go to Fleming and start behind WHO??? :confused:
  19. Bville needs to earn the respect they wish for.
  20. He may have been a little wet behind the ears at that time.
  21. They always are this time of year, they seem to fade away come tourney time. :creepy:
  22. I like your list Les other than one thing. In your list you described North Laurel's last performances as "dismal", "surprised" and "disappointing". After such a negative description how could you leave them #2? What will North have to do to fall out of the #2 spot? What will Bville have to do to move to #2, beat South?? I have a feeling frogs will fly before North goes to #3 on your list. I agree with the rest of your list though. :thumb:
  23. Will they have 20 regular season wins or are you figuring a few wins in the tourneys?
  24. I agree their outside shooting is terrible right now, they threw up some air balls and some bricks the last couple of games. A simple solution to that is to go to the bucket or let shots come to you, don't try to force shots. Their press offense is definitely an issue right now. Clay seems to be content with just getting the ball across the time line, I'd like to see them ATTACK the press more. I've watched High school basketball along time and I would say that 999 times out of a thousand their would have only been one technical called in the game no matter which region it was played in. The last thing a referee is supposed to do is get trigger happy with the T's. I didn't see one conversation between an official and a player or coach prior to the T's. I don't think Clay's fans or coaches have blamed the officiating for the loss but it was pretty bad.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.