Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SKINPIG

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SKINPIG

  1. Leslie wins. Is it just me, or is this the weakest WYMT ever?
  2. I don't know about looking good. Coach Gray looked pretty frustrated for most of the night. The Tigers had way too many unforced turnovers from what I seen. Clay was throwing the ball all over the place when under a little pressure, and I do mean a little. I thought coach Messer was going to pull his hair out, coach Combs would have but he don't have any. Harrison was getting open for too many three's, fortunately they were missing. The good things I saw...William Jones looked good, his shot is coming around now. Clay also hit the boards hard, my guess is they out rebounded Harrison by twenty or more and I wouldn't doubt that more than one Tiger had a double double! A win is a win and the Tigers are 11 and 3 now. Cumberland is next and I'm ready to see a prettier win. :thumb:
  3. Clay keeps winning these ugly games. Is that a good or bad sign? :confused:
  4. You are correct ballaholic...Clay is not real tough yet but they are tougher than Harlan. I was just making a point to some posters that a few weeks ago thought Harlan was the only team that was going to make a run at South and Clay "was not very good" & "have no guard play". Not naming names but they did post in this thread & to them, it must have been a BIG DEAL! I don't want to wish any bad luck to South but I wish they would get upset in the first round of the district so the rest of us could battle it out for the title, over here in Clay we're just not interested in who gets second. :irked:
  5. Let's see here, Clay's football schedule included the likes of Bell, Rockcastle, Madison Southern, Knox Central and Wayne. 60% of the schedule is in one of the toughest Dist's in the state. I suppose if you were scheduling for Clay you would throw in Lex Cath & St. X on the road in place of Wayne and Estill. If the basketball team wanted to travel every game it would be easier to toughen the schedule up, but for some reason most teams within a 100 mile radius are not interested. I bet your team wouldn't come from "over there".
  6. I see how it is. If anyone but Clay wins at Harlan it's a BIG deal. I understand where you're coming from. A win is a win! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen...If you want to play the whole game, don't foul out! I don't know who can come up with more excuses, you or Tubby. :banana:
  7. In your opinion, did the officiating have anything to do with making a game out of it? I wasn't at the game but noticed some of the posts in this thread. I havn't heard any gripes from Clay fans about the officiating. :confused:
  8. That's a question for coach Gray to answer. Does it really matter who's in the starting lineup? It's the coaches decision on who starts a game and who comes off the bench...Too many variables involved in the decision for a fan to question who starts...We would have to know each kid personally, attend every practice, know all their tendencies and how they matched up with their teammates offensively as well as defensively. As fans, we have no idea and shouldn't care. Best thing to do is...Next time you see Coach Gray, ask him...He'll give you an answer. If you are insinuating Clay's schedule is "EASY", ask M. Jones about that, 95% of it is his. I guess he figured Clay wasn't exactly loaded for bear this year. We are 10-3 with a win @ Harlan though. :thumb:
  9. Yes Jim, he was in foul trouble but he was also only 2 for 6 from the field early in the game. Hibbard seems to be improving and Clay won...That's the only good things I have to say about the game. If Clay wants to separate from the middle of the pack in the 13th they better start improving as a team. IMO Clay took a step forward in the Harlan game and a step backwards in this one. :creepy:
  10. From what I can tell, the FB & BB coaches are getting along just fine. I've never known it to be a problem in the past nor do I see it being a problem in the future. Clay (as well as all) athletes should be encouraged to play every sport they desire. We only go through high school once...I'd hate for a good athlete to look back when he's 30 and say, I wish I'd played. Coach Stepp & Gray seem to be working together to do what's best for the kids, that's what's important. I say Clay by 11 at Powell. IMO Clay has shown steady improvement over the last three games.
  11. You haven't heard??? They might wait till the next game to reveal.
  12. OBI reveals their secret weapon in this game! :scared:
  13. Thanks for the info HDE. Looks like both teams had a bad night shooting. Clay @ 37.3% and Harlan @ 35.8%. That won't cut it most nights.
  14. Sorry to hear that. Smith is a PLAYER and we'd like to see him get back. Best of luck to Him and his teammates.
  15. Do you know what each team shot from the feild? Clay done a good job defending the three in this game. Heard anything on Smith's injury?
  16. Wouldn't the 13th region tourney be a great one if South waited one more year to come in?
  17. No offense taken what so ever Nerf. I like the opinion and idea you came up with in your last post though.
  18. I think Clay missed their last 5 foul shots, maybe 7 of their last 10. The game should not have been that close. Coach Gray and staff had an excellent plan for Smith & Clem. Will Jones did a good job defensively on Clem, especially in the second half. Smith kept Harlan close at the foul line (he lived on the line tonight). Clay's defensive effort was their best of the year. I don't know what the shooting % was for Clay but it had to be low. If Clay can go to Harlan, shoot that bad and come out with a win it looks bad down the road for somebody other than Clay. Funny thing to me Augustus, most people labled this a big game for both teams, Clay wins and you say it "looks bad for Clay". :confused: Clay won (not lost) by two!
  19. Since you're the geography expert why don't you give us a vivid desription of which counties are in the Mountains. I guess if Pike County and a just couple more are designated Mtn teams then Pike could be labled King of the Mtns all the time! Tainted slop don't bother me at all man, I'M A PIG!!! OINK! :banana:
  20. Although the officiating may not be the way we would like it, IMO VERY VERY few games are decided by the Refs.
  21. June Buchanan can whip at least half of the top 10 Roundleather24 listed.
  22. Clay is not that good?????? How good to you have to be to beat the Green Dragons? Didn't Bell beat them?
  23. This is a BIG one for both teams trying to find their place in the 13th region pecking order. Game is Thursday night. Let's hear it!
  24. So you're saying that only Pike and a couple more counties should be considered Mountain teams? :confused: Did somebody do something in your oatmeal this morning? WYMT is going to be dissapointed when they have to change their name to WYMT Hill news, or the WYMT Hill Top Ten. Something just don't sound right, DOES IT! :creepy:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.