Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Clay County

Featured Replies

Like to hear some tactful comments from fans that have been watching the Tigers over the last few weeks. Are they going backwards or is the grass greener ahead? Please, no tasteless comments.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen them play since their loss to PCC, but I am a little shocked that they are not playing as well as expected. Also shocked at the apparent lack of production from Jones.

  • Author
I've not seen them play since their loss to PCC, but I am a little shocked that they are not playing as well as expected. Also shocked at the apparent lack of production from Jones.

 

Jones's (POINT) production has increased over the last few games(about 22ppg). What worries me is the Lack of defense being played by most. IMO, better effort will solve the defense problems.

Jones's (POINT) production has increased over the last few games(about 22ppg). What worries me is the Lack of defense being played by most. IMO, better effort will solve the defense problems.

 

I did not realize this. I've not seen them play enough to intelligently comment on their defensive play. Too bad SFL is not with us anymore, I'm sure he could enlighten us like no other. ;)

  • Author
I did not realize this. I've not seen them play enough to intelligently comment on their defensive play. Too bad SFL is not with us anymore, I'm sure he could enlighten us like no other. ;)

 

What happened to SLF? I noticed he's not in the members list anymore. :confused:

What happened to SLF? I noticed he's not in the members list anymore. :confused:

 

He is on the suspended list.

He is on the suspended list.
Where is that list? :confused:
  • Author
He is on the suspended list.

 

SKINPIG'S been there and don't want to go back. I'd like to see SFL released soon though, I'm sure he'd have something for this thread. :sleep:

  • Author
Where is that list? :confused:

 

Sort of like going to ISD after you've been a bad boy, you don't get to participate in any BGP games. :cry: Don't know if you can view the list.

Sounds like rough going for Clay. I watched Bell handle PCC pretty easily the other night at Corbin. Keep in mind this is a Bell team without its best player Ryan Whitaker. Also, one starter Shawnta Zachery was benched to start the game and seventh grader Josh Whitaker started in his place. I came away very unimpressed with PCC. How did Clay lose to them?

Clay lost to PCC in Overtime at Leslie Co...I think they lost by 1 point...and Im not suree but I think this was the game were Sizemore and Jones were hurt...but dont quote me on that..I think Clay Co will get it going here soon.....Clay has talent and plenty of it.... Did anyone see the game last night?? I did not get 2 attend but I heard it was horrible officiating....

  • Author
Sounds like rough going for Clay. I watched Bell handle PCC pretty easily the other night at Corbin. Keep in mind this is a Bell team without its best player Ryan Whitaker. Also, one starter Shawnta Zachery was benched to start the game and seventh grader Josh Whitaker started in his place. I came away very unimpressed with PCC. How did Clay lose to them?

 

They lost because they had too many turnovers (especialy in first half) and all but a couple refused to play aggressive defense. Clay has no consistency right now on either side of the ball, coach Gray MUST find the solution soon or Clay's in for a long season.

Clay lost to PCC in Overtime at Leslie Co...I think they lost by 1 point...and Im not suree but I think this was the game were Sizemore and Jones were hurt...but dont quote me on that..I think Clay Co will get it going here soon.....Clay has talent and plenty of it.... Did anyone see the game last night?? I did not get 2 attend but I heard it was horrible officiating....
They both played, come on man?
  • Author
Clay lost to PCC in Overtime at Leslie Co...I think they lost by 1 point...and Im not suree but I think this was the game were Sizemore and Jones were hurt...but dont quote me on that..I think Clay Co will get it going here soon.....Clay has talent and plenty of it.... Did anyone see the game last night?? I did not get 2 attend but I heard it was horrible officiating....

 

I don't think Sizemore was hurt but Jones was still gimpy on his ankles. IMO, if you can't go hard, don't go! Like I said in an earlier post, you would be amazed at the healing power of WOOD when one has to sit on it long enough. I did see the game vs Southern and yes the officiating was bad. The officials got "T" happy on Clay. The first T that Gray got was a good call and IMO warranted on Grays part. He neede to try and get the officials to back off. The other two T's were pathetic! Make no mistake, the officiating did not cost Clay the game. Same old story on why Clay lost, turnovers, bad shot selection, confusion on defense and a little lack of effort.

Powell Co. is I think 2-7 with wins over Oneida and Betsy Lane. I have seen them play it is not the officiating. Clay should be about 8-0 with 4 seniors in the starting 5. They have not played anyone who should have beat them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.