Everything posted by dmd31base
-
Class A Top 25
Can't forget about Danville. They are #4 in the state
-
Madison Central?
And thats where bryan came in..he pitched relief for the other three. Central has a lot of good athletes in their school but you wouldn't want all of them coming out for a team. Many are simply head cases. Not saying that any of the names mentioned are head cases but simply making a point. I know all of the kids we are talking about and none of them are head cases for the most part.
-
Madison Central?
The only player you listed that would have helped out is Andrew. Austin and Tyler played during middle school but honestly i don't believe they would have helped Central Much. And Ronnie didn't even play in Middle school so why would he play in High school. Like i said Bryan got plenty of innings, and its very possible to use a three man rotation. especially when you get into the district and regional tournaments
-
Madison Central?
I can not name 6 players who quit because of him...to be honest I only know one. If they played football then maybe that's why they didn't play baseball. Roof also had them play during the summer and maybe they chose football. I know Brian very well, we grew up together, and he did pitch some that year. But you can't tell me that he should have started over Chase Ponder, Michael Blanton, or Wiley. They were three of the best pitchers in the region that year, Brian got plenty of innings but there's no way he should have started over any of those players in the rotation.
-
Madison Central?
He can't dictate who comes out for the team and who doesn't. I agree that there were some good players that didn't play but honestly he plays a full JV schedule. Thats paying attention to juniors and Sophmores. You can't tell me one underclassmen who should have started over a senior on their team that was regional runner up. His job is to win and he put the best team on the field.
-
Madison Central?
I've played against Madison Central plenty of times to know that Coach Roof is a good coach...They had a group of seniors two years ago who were really talented and lost to the team that won the state title. Madison Central could have easily won it that year as well. If you know about baseball you know that it's hard to lose every starter on the field and only have 1 or 2 pitchers who pitched and actually do well the next year. Not to offend anybody but the group that went 15-17 was just not as talented as the group that went 30-6. But he did do a great job with the group that only won 15 games, honestly I didn't think they would win that many with the schedule they always play. Madison Central will always be the favorite in the 44th district and will compete for the 11th region title. Roof is a great coach and a class act.
-
All-KY Baseball Team "nominations"
Nick Maronde (Lexington Catholic) Wes Caldwell (Lexington Catholic) I Know Maronde isn't a senior and i'm pretty sure Caldwell isn't either Also I'm pretty sure Bryan Baldini (Eastern) is a lefty
-
Lex Cath 9 Danville 6
Actually if you look at the public listing of DQ's (http://khsaa.12dt.com/cgi-bin/dq_list_public) they only have two this year and they were both in the final game. I'm almost positive all ejections are placed on the list so it looks like they only have two. I play with a lot of the players from Danville during the summers and I can tell you that none of them have bad attitudes. They are all very laid back, fun to be around guys. I have also played with a lot of the guys from Catholic in a Fall league at UK. They are also very laid back and good to be around. Coach Morse is an excellent coach who I respect very much for his actions. He'll stick up for his players when he feels it is needed. This was a high pressure game and sometimes tempers can flare especially when calls are not going your way. I know from experience. As for Danville fans getting out of control i have never seen this during the summers either. Half the fans are going to be mad about a certain call during a game. Thats just how it works. The only people that know what really happens are the players and umps. I dont know what really happened but you have to stick up for you teammates and school in certain situations.
-
Danville/Lex. Cath updates?
Lex. Cath 9 Danville 6 saw it on khsaa website
-
Raceland's Thomas Tolliver signs w / Transy
What position is he going to play?
-
Nathan Adcock drafted #141 by Mariners
He had signed with U of L
-
Danville vs. Lexington Catholic (Semi-state #6)
I'll take Danville in 3. If they can win the first one they'll be tough to beat two times in a row. Both teams are very solid ball clubs.
-
Upsets in the District Tournaments
A new thread to list all of the upsets in any district tournament. #3 Owensboro Catholic lost #12 Owensboro Apollo lost # 5 Lexington Christian lost (not really an upset since they're in the 43rd) #15 Lexington Tates Creek (also not really an upset) #20 Lexington Lafayette (see above) #18 West Jessamine any more?
-
Model 2 Madison Central 1
This one is one of the best high school baseball games I've ever seen. Great pitchers duel throughout. Central took an early 1-0 lead on an error then Model scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th to with the game. Both teams had to overcome blown calls from umpires and both teams played their heart out. Great baseball game.
-
State Top 25
Model is still in the 11th.
-
State Top 25
If you take out the last week Model should be a top 25 team. Recently we haven't been hitting but it'll come back to us and we have four pitchers who on any given day can beat anyone in our region.
-
Highlands Home Field
Model has a problem with this too. Except when we are trying to get ready for games our track team is out on the field running. Being part of Eastern Kentucky University we use their track so i feel our track team could either go up there or to the intermueral (sp?) fields across campus instead of trying to fight for the baseball field when we are preparing for a game.
-
Danville 9 LCA 3
Saw this one coming from a mile away. I thought it would have been a much closer game though.
-
Game scores needed
Madison Southern vs. Model was cancelled due to rain
-
Riley Hendrix - Leslie County
Congratulations to Riley. He is a good kid and an even better ball player.
-
Baseball Pick 10 contest for week 2
nWo, MMA dropped out of the Butler County Tournament yesterday for this weekend so Model will not play MMA this weekend. Just letting you know.
-
Baseball Pick 10 contest for week 2
5 Calloway County 6 runs 3 Model 3 Beechwood 1 West Jessamine 1 Ohio County 1 Conner 1 Southwestern 1 Madison Southern 1 Leslie County 1 Jackson County
-
Estill County vs. Model
Model won the first game 5-2 after a slow start. Model left 10 runners on base in the first game. Model also won the second game 11-5. Estill didn't seem to have very much pitching left for the second game and Model's Jeff Johnson didn't exactly have his best outing. Davis Wells came on to finish both games, pitching 6 innings on the day with 11 k's.
-
Model 7 Burgin 0 5 Innings (Darkness)
We were throwing and a few playing were goofing off from what I hear. All I know is that he was hit right beside the eye with a ball thrown at him. He was bleeding pretty bad and I believe he blacked out for a little bit. I don't have any other info at this time about it.
-
Model 7 Burgin 0 5 Innings (Darkness)
This game was actually 6 innings not 5. Sorry for the mistake