Model 2 Madison Central 1

This one is one of the best high school baseball games I've ever seen. Great pitchers duel throughout. Central took an early 1-0 lead on an error then Model scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th to with the game. Both teams had to overcome blown calls from umpires and both teams played their heart out. Great baseball game.

It was a semi-final game. Congrats to Model. I know they are very excited about the win.

Nathan Hutchinson

Register Sports Editor

RICHMOND — Fantasy finally turned into reality for Davis Wells, even though it didn’t happen exactly the way the Model Laboratory senior had always dreamed it would.

“I always imagined I’d hit a home run to win the game in the bottom of the seventh inning (to beat Madison Central),” Wells said.

Instead it was just a hard-hit infield single off Wells’ bat that lifted Model to a historic victory Tuesday in the semifinals of the 44th District Tournament at Madison Central. The Patriots (18-11) scored twice in the seventh inning, rallying for a thrilling 2-1 triumph that ended the Indians’ five-year string of district titles.

Read More