Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kysportsfan4life

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kysportsfan4life

  1. I noticed the same thing while driving past on Saturday. Couldn't believe that they would be hosting a tournament in 2 days. Unbelievable.
  2. Good win, but a bad break, literally, for Mason County. Kirk Sweeney (#70) broke his fibula in two places.
  3. Mason spotted Scott with 20 points at the beginning due to costly turnovers. From then on out, the Royals played right with the Cardinals. The final of the 3 varsity quarters ended up being 33-19.
  4. The score doesn't sound so rough when you consider that the Royals turned the ball over a lot early, spotting Scott County with 20 points, and played with them the rest of the way. They did turn the ball a lot to start out, but I see good things coming from this football program this year. They have great potential.
  5. I agree, but I think Jehlik and Tibbs will be right ahead of her. Any idea on where she is looking to go to college, and if she is even wanting to play at the next level?
  6. Wow. Great for him. Not so much for the team.
  7. I'm not talking about the team camp, I'm talking about no game scheduled during the regular season.
  8. That would be good news for them. I figured some of these girls wouldn't be able to stay away for too long.
  9. I noticed that as well. Could it be bitterness for St. Pat knocking them out of the tournament last year?
  10. As of about a week ago, Hardin was just playing middle school along with Butler (of course they are playing AAU), but come school time who knows, this could change. But her mother wants her to just play middle school as of right now. And how am I not right on Simms? She is traveling with the JV right now.
  11. Yes. Hardin is one of those just playing middle school this year. I think she played freshman last year. Simms is playing JV I think. They are both going to be 8th graders.
  12. I agree. You can play summer ball with 7, but come high school time, it is definitely better to have a larger roster. If a few players were to get hurt, then their team would be in trouble. Hopefully all will work out for the best. They lost some good talent this summer from people quitting, and people who I saw big things for in the future and I thought that these kids had a love for the game. Hopefully they will realize this summer when they're not playing what they're missing out on and try for the team again in the fall if the coach were to allow them to come back.
  13. Is she taking choir or something, because I know she hasn't in the past. Are you sure that's her reasoning for not playing, because to stick it out until your senior year and quit seems to me like she is quitting for some of the same reasons that the other girls have been quitting for. Not saying you're wrong, just making an observation.
  14. I didn't knock them at all. It's good to win, and I know you don't always get to pick who you play. It seems like even with all the drama surrounding the team that these ladies are ignoring all that and are taking care of business, and I wish them nothing but the best. Who all exactly remains on this team, and can anyone tell us anything about who's starting, who's improved, etc.
  15. Other than East Carter, they have pretty much played small schools that I have never heard of. Good practice, and it's nice to win, but to get better they should start playing some tougher competition.
  16. I don't know much about this years team, I know more about the past. And I'm not saying that the older girls aren't getting playing time more now, but in the past it was a little different in some cases. I'm just an outsider, but I've heard a lot of talk about the coach not being liked well by a lot of people. Pretty much the people who started/got a lot of playing time are still playing, minus Butler. I know Smith, both Menkes, Moran, etc. are still playing, but a lot of girls are upset and quitting the high school team because of this coach. If someone knows more information, please fill us in as to what is really going on, because that's all I know.
  17. Whose fault was it that there was no bench? The coach. Why was there not an interest? Because the coach ran all of the girls off. I know from a few good sources that she ran off 10-15 girls from all levels in high school. Don't blame it on no interest, blame it on the coach. She scared everyone off, and she also did bring up those players, not to necessarily run older ones off, but to fill their spots because they had talent. It's not right, and it hurt them in the long run, but the players were not brought up because of lack of interest in the program, believe me. Something similar is going on right now. Several middle schoolers, and even high schoolers for that matter, are quitting, and the middle schoolers are just finishing out their middle school years with no high school play at all. This doesn't go for all of them, just the ones that don't want to play under this new coach. Butler, who started varsity last year as a 7th grader will just be playing 8th grade ball this year to my understanding. I also heard that Mason has about 7 girls left on the team.
  18. Prayers sent from my way to this young man. Hate to hear something like this happen!
  19. Harrison won 8-0 per khsaa scoreboard.
  20. It was postponed for awhile due to rain, but they finished the first game with Clark beating Brossart 5-0. The rest of the games for today, weather permitting, should be finished tonight.
  21. I heard it rained earlier in Covington, but that it looks like it has passed and it's not raining now.
  22. He plays first base when not pitching. He's had a great year at the plate and is something like 4-2 this year pitching.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.