Everything posted by Lucky Charms
-
Holmes 55 Newport Central Catholic 50 9th Region
Agree with everyone about the traffic...it was bad. Real bad. As for the game the first half was pretty sloppy. Both teams were a little careless with the ball. I agree with the others that mentioned that there needs to be a tournament of some sort in the BOK that features teams from the NKY. Saw a lot of shots that were flat, short and just looked like they were aimed at the rim rather than actually shooting a basketball in both games yesterday. The second half got a little better although still sloppy. I thought NewCath needed to get Drew a touch every time down the floor. He had his guy in foul trouble early in the 4th then Holmes subbed out. I think Drew got the ball only twice after that in a position were he could do something with it. I thought Holmes made the adjustments in the second half and NCC kept on doing what they had been. Was shocked that Homes didn't have a rebounding advantage. They had to have a big advantage on the offensive glass. Also was amazed that Holmes only took ten three point attempts, I thought they had a lot more than that. Bolden was impressive. Saw Mick Cronin at the game. Asked him if he got what he wanted to see. And his reply was simply, "Yep". Tonight the better team won. The future is bright for NCC. Just got to keep working. Congrats to NewCath's seniors, great season! Good luck to Holmes the rest of the way. I know this guy will be pulling for the 'Dogs!
-
10th Region: Bishop Brossart vs Montgomery County
That's probably a pretty good assessment.
-
10th Region: Bishop Brossart vs Montgomery County
Freakin' 5:00. Going to have to bust my hump to get from Blue Ash, OH to Maysville, KY to see this one but I'm going to try.
-
9th Region Tourney Predictions
^Welcome to BGP Enrico.
-
10th Region: Augusta vs Scott 2/26
I'm going Augusta by a point or 2. If Scott brings their "A" game it won't matter what Augusta will bring. Often throughout this season, Scott has not brought their "A" game. That's why I say Augusta by 2. Augusta has shown more consistency this season than has Scott.
-
9th Region Tourney Predictions
I'll be pulling for which ever team wins the NewCath/Holmes game.
-
10th Region Draw
Starts at 10. If anyone could please post when they come in that would be great.
-
9th Region Draw
Yes, boys coaches already walked out.
-
9th Region Draw
Looks like boys draw is done.
-
9th Region Draw
Talking about parking passes now...feed went out.
-
9th Region Draw
Nothing yet?
-
Covington Catholic 73 Holmes 72 35th District Final
Wow! The 9th region draw is going to be a dandy! When is the draw?
-
Newport Central Catholic 50 Newport 42
This time of the year, nobody knows who is going to win the region. That's easy to say that they aren't, though I would disagree with you. I think NewCath has as good a shot as any. And Newport is a talented team and they have hung in there with some of NKY's best. I know one thing, the 9th Region Tourney will without a doubt be entertaining this year.
-
Last time 10th did not have a team from Mason County?
1955! Wow. My father was 9 and mother was 5. That's crazy to think about.
-
CCH at Holmes I would think Holmes has advantage?
Dogs by 8.
-
Most Under-rated players in NKY (All Grade Levels)
When you start a thread and ask who is a top player Brossart players are normally some of the last mentioned in NKY. Don't know why that is but it is consistent. Evidence, this thread. Not one mention until page 3 and Brossart is probably the 3rd or 4th best team in NKY area.
-
Bishop Brossart / Scott updates
Jake Jennings...keep them coming GS!
-
Most Under-rated players in NKY (All Grade Levels)
Justin Saunders from Brossart rarely gets major credit...but the dude is the heart and soul of Brossart basketball right now.
-
Bishop Brossart / Scott updates
And that was short lived.
-
Bishop Brossart / Scott updates
Finally connected to webcast!!!
-
Augusta/Mason County updates
If I could drive to Maysville in a half an hours time I would leave my house right now!!!
-
Dixie Heights 55 Boone County 48
First time getting to see Hatton/Dixie play. Guess I picked a bad night because he didn't look that good. Very guardable last night.
-
Newport Central Catholic 63 Ryle 54
Sorry, should have specified. By "huge game" I was talking about the Holmes game on Friday.
-
What would NCC and Brossart being in the same region do to their rivalry?
This is correct. Sorry for the misguided response. Thanks Farmer!
-
Newport Central Catholic 63 Ryle 54
I agree with Q. They won a HUGE game, but that isn't going to get them to the promised land. I know Grant is a great coach but he needs to find a way to keep his guys hungry.