Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Last time 10th did not have a team from Mason County?

Featured Replies

With St. Pat and Mason County losing in the district this week. There will be no teams from Mason County playing in the region. When was the last time this happened? Has to be way back.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If not between 97 and when 94, then maybe a long time, if ever?

If not between 97 and when 94, then maybe a long time, if ever?

 

I am sure a Mason co faithful can answer the question. If not Randy is full of info.

I have looked & looked for this, so I either dreamed it or just don't know where I saw it. But I thought I read somewhere that the year was 1955 when a Maysville school (Mason, Maysville, St. Pat) was not represented in the Region. Again, I have no clue if that is accurate, so don't destroy me if I'm wrong. 1955 is the last time Bracken County went to the state tournament. I know that for sure.

 

The guy who will know this is sumoroyal. If he doesn't know, no one does.

I have looked & looked for this, so I either dreamed it or just don't know where I saw it. But I thought I read somewhere that the year was 1955 when a Maysville school (Mason, Maysville, St. Pat) was not represented in the Region. Again, I have no clue if that is accurate, so don't destroy me if I'm wrong. 1955 is the last time Bracken County went to the state tournament. I know that for sure.

 

The guy who will know this is sumoroyal. If he doesn't know, no one does.

 

It was 1955. Fleming County and Tollesboro advanced from the 39th District. Tollesboro eliminated both St. Patrick and Maysville. Fleming County eliminated Mays Lick and Orangeburg.

It was 1955. Fleming County and Tollesboro advanced from the 39th District. Tollesboro eliminated both St. Patrick and Maysville. Fleming County eliminated Mays Lick and Orangeburg.

 

Like I said, if anyone knows this, it will be DragonFire. :lol:

 

Thanks my man! :thumb:

It was 1955. Fleming County and Tollesboro advanced from the 39th District. Tollesboro eliminated both St. Patrick and Maysville. Fleming County eliminated Mays Lick and Orangeburg.

 

I didn't even think about Mays Lick & Orangeburg.

I had to look Orangeburg up to make sure it was even in Mason County. I just now looked up and saw Minerva is as well. Maysville took them out in that particular tourney.

I can tell you also that as far back as 1937, 1955 was the ONLY time that had happened before this year.

I can tell you also that as far back as 1937, 1955 was the ONLY time that had happened before this year.

 

DF, where are you getting this information? I would love to see/have it.

1955! Wow. My father was 9 and mother was 5. That's crazy to think about.

I would think the information would also be contained in Danny Weddle's book - "The Way We Play The Game", a history of basketball in Mason County.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.