Everything posted by Sidelines
-
Paintsville "Field of Dreams" Softball Complex
Much to my delight, it seems to be coming along nicely.........now!!
-
Harlan 38 Paintsville 37
Bundy had 5 points.
-
Harlan 38 Paintsville 37
Anyone that says they would not want Landon Slone on their team is lying!!! Unless of course, you are the type of player, or parent, that can't handle his presense! I agree that his moves are not real quick, but, he is athletic and he is most definately better than average! Quit kidding yourself, and making posts that only make you seem stupid or jealous. And to the others that are stating the rediculous!!! Paintsville is a solid, quick(usually) and yes, good team! My take on the game is this, Harlan, is a good team, with size and quickness and get after you on defense! Harlan had a gameplan, To slow the game to a crawl, and play hard defense, and not allow Paintsville to turn it into an up-n-down game. And for some reason(which I'll adress later as my own opinion) Painsville was ok with this tempo. Paintsville only got agressive with their press for about a minute during the latter stage of the first half and it resulted in 3 Harlan turnovers and three Tiger layups!!! I kept waiting on PHS to turn the heat up and try to pick the pace of the game up, but it never happened!!! IMO as to why!!! I am saying this jokingly(but half heartedly believe it!). Paintsville was dangerously close to peaking in the last two weeks, so BMR has decided to throw a few games and change the Tigers style of play in order to hold off "peaking" until March!!!
-
Johnson Central vs. Allen Central 1-10-06
AC could surprize, but I am going with the Eagles by 25!
-
Paintsville 76 Sheldon Clark 66
This young man's play of late has really helped the Tiger's success of late!IMO Paintsville Soph. Blake Bundy. jjjj.bmp
-
Paintsville 76 Sheldon Clark 66
Bundy was never ejected, He did foul out. A fan and a SC coach did have words, but nothing as bad as some would lead to believe. It was not really a big deal IMO.
-
Paintsville vs. Harlan predictions for the WYMT Tournament
I'll take the Tigers.
-
Johnson Central 68 Magoffin Co. 58
Congrats to JC on a good win! Let's not read to much into the "incident", unless you are directly involved, you probably don't know the whole situation. I feel sure that these two battled all night and that this didn't blow up over just one instance.
-
Sheldon Clark @ Paintsville predictions
:lol: :lol: :lol:
-
Paintsville 71 Apollo 64
Of course the Tigers got some calls go their way!!! But every team got calls go their way as well as against them!!
-
Paintsville 71 Apollo 64
IMO, I didn't think they could match up with Oak Ridge either. Oak ridge is a very athletic and strong team. Although, after #11 went down for the tourney in their third game, they were not as physical. Oak ridge definately had one of the better coaches in the tourney!!
-
Paintsville 71 Apollo 64
Anyone that knows me, knows that if Paintsville didn't deserve this Championship, that I would certainly say so. But, if you saw the games, you would have to agree that they won!! And deserved it!! The truth is, that Paintsville would have lost to several teams in this tourney, but, the teams they had to play, they matched up with very well, then just out played them. When Apollo beat Butler, I thought their defense was everywhere!!! Apollo's D and quickness got them to the finals. I was worried how Paintsville was going to play a team that I for one, thought was very good.(one of Butler's coaches, told me that Apollo was the best defensive team they have played) Paintsville was much quicker, and out hustled the Eagles!!! The Tigers were unselfish, and allowed to get into their own flow and just gutted it up!!! Like it or not, they deserved the wins!!! Not saying they will win their district, let alone the region, but they won a very, very good tourney, if it upsets you, then take comfort in that they will lose a few games this year.
-
Paintsville 71 Apollo 64
21 players made the all tourney team.
-
Best Power Hitter in the 15th Region
Why should she doulble it??
-
Paintsville 71 Apollo 64
Impressed, is an understatement!!! The Tigers worked their tails off this week, and kudos to them!!! The past three games might be the best they have played.......including last year's Shelby Valley game!!
-
Apollo vs Paintsville Hoops Classic Finals
Paintsville defeated Seneca this morning in the 9:00 am game to reach the finals of the Paintsville Tiger Hoops Classic!! They will take on Apollo, whom won their semi battle against Oak Ridge Tenn. The consolation game is slated to start at 6:30 tonight with the Championship game to be held aprox. 20 minutes at the conclusion. Should be a great game to cap off what has been a fantastic tourney!!! People from all over the country were telling me how impressed they were with everything from the accomodations to the way the tourney is being run and with the caliber of teams. Hats off!!!
-
Paintsville Tigers in Brunswick, GA!
They won on day 1. Then got snobclobbered in the second round. Were playing for 3rd tonight at 6:30, but have not heard how they did.
-
Paintsville 28 Lynn Camp 27
Good post and I think you might be right on about transfers!!! Most kids transfer because Daddy can't get along with Coachie's decisions!!!
-
Paintsville 28 Lynn Camp 27
Okay....I must have missed the post with the cheapshot. Are you talking about someone's oppinion about BMR being the best coach in Johnson County??? Oh well.....so much for others having an opinion.
-
Paintsville 28 Lynn Camp 27
Isn't this about Paintsville Lynn Camp??????????????????????????????????????? Why can't some of you all just move onto basketball, now that, that sport is in season for you????? I am soooooooo glad you have Matney!!! He is a great coach. The "Be all- end all" to hear some!!! I am happy some are satisfied with dominating Paintsville for the last 2 years!!! That is something to be very proud of as well!!! Puts you right up there with Pikeville....almost!! The one thing I am tired of hearing is, that JC will continue to dominate Paintsville in football from now on!!! Pure fortune tellers!!!! You need to set a booth up during Apple Day! Trust me when I say that Paintsville has lost to some of the best....IMHO....JC still isn't one of them, but they have been pretty good the past 2 years!!! Now....can we have our thread back???
-
Why Do Great East Kentucky Running Backs Fizzle?
There have been some special backs over the years from Eastern Ky. But I can't remember a great one at all???? Maybe that kinda sheds light on the subject. As in.....every momma crow thinks her baby crow is the blackest.....everyone here in East Ky. thinks that everytime we have a back that rushes for 200+ yards in a game that he is the next Walter Payton. Truth is... we just don't have great backs. Very good, yes. Great??? Have not seen them. Have you?
-
Paintsville at Somerset
This should be another great game!!! Well.....they are both number 1 seeds after all!!! I understand a lot saying Somerset wins. But Paintsville gets back Doderer and should be healthy for the first time in a while!!! This could only add to their ever growing confidence!!! I wish Paintsville all the luck!!!
-
Paintsville 28 Lynn Camp 27
This was really a great game!!! Hats off to LC and their fans!!!! You were the greatest!! In the second half, LC came out a lot more focused on their goals!!! They had a great opening drive to start the 3rd an ate up nearly 8 minutes befor turning it over on downs around the ten. A bad playcall resulted in a Tiger fumble and gave LC the ball back, on the 2. TD 14 point game. Paintsville gets a first down, then is forced to punt. LC makes another long drive and pulls to within 7. Both teams then trade possessions, and punts. Then came the three plays that hurt!!! Paintsville's ball 1st and 10, incomplete pass, fumble but recover and lose 20 yards, sack and another big loss punt. LC comes up with an inspired drive and closes the gap to 1. Then the only bright spot in the second half for Paintsville punches their ticket for Somerset!!! Now....MD was only trying to pull some chains!!! You should all know that! As I was across from Paintsville's fans, I could see that there was nearly 2 to 1 amount aof fans surrounding the field. The stands were about 2/3 full. Nope....it is not the amount I would like to see, but...I know the cold kept the "light fans" at bay.
-
What A Catch! Ashland's Adam Cannoy
This catch was easy!!!! Can't you see he has three arms!!!
-
Where's the best place to be Friday Night ?
On the Sidelines!!!