Everything posted by the mathemagician
-
13th Region Draw
I agree with him. ^
-
Corbin 71 Clay Co. 69
Nah, Manchester is a very depressing little place. I've lost nothing there.
-
Corbin 71 Clay Co. 69
I think you are probably right. I think Keith totally had officials intimidated, especially in Manchester. Clay just doesn't have the same mystique since Keith retired. Whether you loved or hated him, Keith was a great coach and a real character.
-
Corbin 71 Clay Co. 69
Would have liked to have seen it but I vowed to never watch another game from Manchester after the fiasco over there several years ago.
-
Corbin 71 Clay Co. 69
I think there may have been some mouthing going on and the officials wanted to keep things under control and it appears they did just that.
-
Corbin 71 Clay Co. 69
The Corbin radio team said the game officials did an outstanding job in this one.
-
Corbin 58 Pineville 56
Call me silly, but I have just not been overly impressed with Corbin a lot of the time. Maybe a lot of it has to do with the Hounds still trying to feel their way around with a not totally comfortable Crawford. This is a Corbin team that could win the region or lose to any of eight or so region teams on a given night. They still have work to do, and tourney time is nearing.
-
Corbin 58 Pineville 56
Yeah, the call was correct but I think some around the area believes Corbin gets way too many calls at home.This perception probably leads to a lot of the frustration that was evidenced from the Pineville fans after the game. Personally, I have never seen any great bias in Corbin's favor at home. I know some will disagree, but I think for the most part that is a fallacy. Now, Clay County in Manchester during the Keith years, and even after, was a travesty of basketball justice.
-
Corbin 58 Pineville 56
I kept waiting for the Hounds to put this one away, but Pineville just hung in and almost won it at the end. Strange is a very good coach and Strange Jr. is a heckuva player. Corbin should have put this away earlier. They play silly at times.
-
Corbin 58 Pineville 56
Heard a couple Pineville fans say they would not be back at Corbin again to watch a basketball game. I said the same thing about Clay County ten or so years ago, and I have never been back to Manchester. I would like to see these two teams meet for the 13th region title in a few weeks...
-
Corbin 58 Pineville 56
Nasty end to a very entertaining game to watch. Pineville fans and Corbin cops at odds after the game...
-
Corbin 64 North Laurel 42
I don't care for Wright, but he is, in deed, an outstanding coach, motivator, and always has his teams prepared. One of the state's best(coaches, that is).
-
Corbin 64 North Laurel 42
Final. Hounds trailed 13-8 early, led 30-20 at halftime , and pulled away in the second half. I figured this one would be a bit closer with it being at North.
-
South Laurel 61 Corbin 35
South wanted it much more, was much more aggressive, played great defense, and had a great gameplan. South hit the Hounds in the mouth early and the Hounds never responded. I think Corbin thought they would have an easy time like they did in the first matchup. Corbin had no flow, no chemistry, showed no heart, and was completely and thoroughly outplayed and outcoached. While I am not a fan of Steve Wright, the guy can flat out coach and he had his guys chomping at the bit for Corbin. South knew they were going to win before tipoff. We will see if Corbin can recover from this. They may be done. I have not been overly impressed with the Hounds but never expected them to back down and basically quit against the Cards. If they can't right the ship fast, Knox will pound them Friday. I hope the Hounds can show some heart and toughness from here on out. This effort was the worst I've seen in many, many years.
-
Corbin 65 Jackson Co 63
Hounds could have put it away sooner by cashing in on some late free throws. I suspect free throws will be Corbin's waterloo come tourney time.
-
Who is the best basketball official in your region?
Captain Kirk is the best..... in his own mind!
-
Corbin vs. Largo, Md(Nissan Shootout) Predictions
What time is this titanic struggle on Saturday?
-
Corbin 85 Williamsburg 43
Josh played probably 10 or 12 minutes in the CFIT game against the Evans team from Orlando and scored 16, I think. He looked to be favoring the knee at bit for a while, which is understandable. I look for him be more comfortable as he gets back into the flow of real game situations.Look for big contributions from him in Lexington and at home against South Laurel.
-
Brackets 2007 Cumberland Falls Inv.
I would like to have seen a few more really good KY teams in the tourney this year. I wish they could bring down someone like a Ballard or PRP to participate in this event.
-
Corbin's Free Throw Woes!!!
19-40 in a WIN(believe it or not) vs. Madison Central. Very poor free throw shooting again in a close loss to Boone Co. , which hit 12-12 down the stretch to gain the narrow win. If you go 19-40 from the charity stripe, are minus your all-stud player, and still beat a very good Madison Central team , you know you have a very nice team , but one that is gonna get clipped come tournament time because of poor free throw shooting. Free throw shooting is MENTAL, a confidence thing. Good free throw shooters know it's going in before they let it go. Good free throw shooters also need to be able to focus and block out distractions both on and off the court. What can Coach P., as well as other coaches who have kids struggling with free throws, do to help their team overcome poor free throw shooting? It's a shame to see really good teams give games away because of not capitalizing on what should be "free" points. Corbin's team draws lots of fouls and would be a very tough nut to crack if it could knock down just 7 out of every 10 charity stripe tosses. What are some suggestions you have for improving free throw shooting? Maybe visualizing the ball going through the center of the hoop before letting it go might be a good place to start. I have noticed that a lot of the ladies in college seem to do better than the guys at the line. Tennesee had a girl up around 95% a couple of years ago , I believe. Again, it seems to be primarily a mental thing. Some of you outstanding free throw shooters feel free to chime in with your thoughts and suggestions...
-
Is Shelby Valley for real?
Saw them play in the Corbin tourney last year and was impressed with how hard they competed. They seemed like a well coached team who executed the game plan well. Corbin played poorly in the loss to the Valley but SV deserved the win. SV fans were easily the most annoying I have ever encountered . Had very low basketball IQ(cried at every call). I would have liked to see the team play again the year but won't miss the fans at all.
-
Regional Tourney Sites?
Have they been announced yet? If not, when does that usually happen? I am particularly interested in where the 13th will be held.
-
Corbin 65 South Laurel 44
Where is the 13th region tourney this year? Has the site been announced? Knox Central maybe?
-
Knoxville Catholic 66 Corbin 64
Disappointing.Hounds didnt seem interested.Coach P needs to K some A's.
-
Newport Central Catholic 28 Corbin 16 (2A)
Echoing what the Corbin announcers said, it just didn't seem like the Hounds were the same team coming out of the locker room after halftime. Corbin simply didn't match NCC's focus and intensity after halftime. Coach Schneider obviously made some good adjustments and got his young men to focus better and raise their intensity in half number two. A couple of folks who were on the Corbin sidelines indicated to me that they felt that Corbin expended all their energy in the first half and were drained by the start of the second. Whatever happened from the time the Hounds left the field up 16-7 to the sound of the whistle opening the second half is a mystery. You have to give NCC a lot of credit for upping their play but Corbin's focus was not the same coming out of the locker room.