Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

the mathemagician

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by the mathemagician

  1. As the tide was starting to turn against the Cards late, Wright said something funny. Thinking one of his players had clearly been fouled, the South Laurel coach spun around and shouted, "Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that foul!" PRICELESS... Wright is an excellent coach. These two teams could well meet again next Sat. in the regional final. The Hounds have won 7 of the last 8 against the Cards.
  2. South lead 23-10 early; Corbin lead 56-46 with about a minute left.
  3. Agree on all accounts. Winchester is one of my favorite cities. Have friends there; even get my hair cut there. So I root for the Cards as well as the Hounds. I would love to see them face off in Rupp!
  4. Just when GRC was about to crack your Top 50 they go and lose by three to second-ranked Scott Co. :confused:
  5. Wilson is uncanny at getting to the rim. With his skill set, if he was, say 6'2" or 6'3" instead of 5'10", what kind of looks we he be getting at the next level?
  6. If Corbin plays to the level they are capable, they will win. They are a few points better than South IMO. However, Wright will have his troops ready and will devise a good gameplan as well. Could well be a dandy!
  7. Is GRC even in your top 50 yet??? lol
  8. Yes. If Corbin beats South on the 26th, the seeding will likely be: 1. Corbin 2. South Laurel 3. Whitley 4. Williamsburg
  9. I was talking to a relative who was discussing Lynn Camp's big win over KC and predicting a district title for the Campers. I told him that I would love to see it but that Dinky would beat them 71-55. Hopefully, come March, Lynn Camp can make a run. I am rooting for them!
  10. You couldn't be more wrong. I have had a number of family members that have either graduated from or worked at LCHS. I always root for the Campers. That doesn't mean I have to think they are a Top Five team in the region. There is nothing wrong with saying they need to work on becoming more disciplined and consistent. I would love to see them win a regional title but I am not delusional enough to believe they will do it at this point. Coach Phipps showed they have a lot of things they need to work on.Hopefully, Lynn Camp will peak at tourney time.
  11. I know Phipps. He believed they would win. I believe him. I DIDN'T believe Lynn Camp is a top five just because of a win over a mediocre KC team.Again, easy call.
  12. This one was a strong gut feeling. Maybe it was just the Taco Bell I had eaten. More likely it was the Camp's lack of consistency, their propensity for undisciplined play, and Phipp's ability to maximize his teams' potential and his uncanny ability to knock a "favorite" off of their high horse when they come to Barbourville. This one was an easy pick, though I thought it would be 16, not 26.
  13. I had Barbourville winning this one by 15-20. Phipps always gets more from the talent he has than any other coach.
  14. The Hickster has always reminded me of a used car salesman.
  15. I think Corbin SHOULD be the favorite, but until the Hounds learn how to hit free throws, and hold onto their composure and fourth quarter leads against South, I won't argue removing South from the top spot.
  16. This should have much more appeal than last year's brutally unappealing field. I'm thinking there were only a couple KY teams besides Corbin in the field last year.
  17. If they can rid their psyche of a mental block named "South".
  18. I agree that South should be first until someone proves otherwise.
  19. Bull. No way that can be said with any degree of certainty. Whose to say that the Hounds would not have choked again, just like in the regional finals. You have to shoot free throws well and maintain composure to win the biggest of games and Corbin can't do either. South should be the favorite til someone proves different. Here's hoping the Hounds can find some way to unseat the Cards next year.
  20. Bottom line: Hounds(players, coaches, fans) lost focus with 5:00 to go. Everyone was counting chickens, but South stayed focused. Hounds shouldn't have lost. Must look in mirror... for 8 months .
  21. And one of the most accurate.
  22. Steve Wright is a very good coach. Year after year, Corbin's problems are the same: They don't value the ball enough, they are miserable foul shooters, and their clock management is horrendous. At least one of those factors bites them time and time again. No reason to think it will change next year. South Laurel has the heart of a champion. They knew they would find a way to win; Corbin knew they would find a way to lose. Next year, Corbin goes in as the predominant favorite but the end result will likely be the same.
  23. I agree that Corbin has not reached the level that I anticipated. I have not been overly impressed by many of their efforts. Their foul-shooting is abysmal and may very well be their demise. I hope they play at their fullest potential in the tourney. This is the time to do it. Man up, guys.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.