Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 2008/2009

Featured Replies

What does South Laurel need to do to improve in 2008/2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

I think South Laurel is the team to beat the next 2 seasons with big Matt St. John in the middle.

I think Corbin SHOULD be the favorite, but until the Hounds learn how to hit free throws, and hold onto their composure and fourth quarter leads against South, I won't argue removing South from the top spot.

Find a way to replace Bortnem. They will have to be extremely patient this year and find a way to St. John the ball as much as possible.

I think Corbin SHOULD be the favorite, but until the Hounds learn how to hit free throws, and hold onto their composure and fourth quarter leads against South, I won't argue removing South from the top spot.

 

I think Corbin has a nice team, but South Laurel has Steve Wright on the sideline and that = wins no matter who should win SLHS will find it's way back to Rupp in 2009.

Find a way to replace Bortnem. They will have to be extremely patient this year and find a way to St. John the ball as much as possible.

 

That is the key and it is much easier said than done. Gilbert will have to really step up this season and be the PG that he can be. Bortnem did it all for the Cardinals and will be very hard to replace. Watkins will also need to continue his improvement. It will be tough to get back to Rupp this year with Corbin returning everyone.

I believe there is a Wright on the roster for the Cardinals. I believe he is a junior this year. Is this a son of Coach Wright's???

I believe there is a Wright on the roster for the Cardinals. I believe he is a junior this year. Is this a son of Coach Wright's???

 

Yes. Doesn't have the natural athletic ability, but man oh man, ... he gives 110% of everything he has when he is on the floor. He also has an excellent outside shot. Great kid as well.

Yes. Doesn't have the natural athletic ability, but man oh man, ... he gives 110% of everything he has when he is on the floor. He also has an excellent outside shot. Great kid as well.

 

Great to hear!!!

is Steve Wright still being considered for the "county wide athletic director job"? I don't know when they are supposed to make a decision on that but I remember reading an article in the paper saying he was a possible candidate. Personally I like Wright getting that job over Durham at North

is Steve Wright still being considered for the "county wide athletic director job"? I don't know when they are supposed to make a decision on that but I remember reading an article in the paper saying he was a possible candidate. Personally I like Wright getting that job over Durham at North

 

I will be shocked if Durham does not get it.

is Steve Wright still being considered for the "county wide athletic director job"? I don't know when they are supposed to make a decision on that but I remember reading an article in the paper saying he was a possible candidate. Personally I like Wright getting that job over Durham at North

 

If Wright gets it, noone at North would be happy. If Durham gets it, noone at South would be happy. If they bring someone from outside, nobody from either side of the county is happy. The board is in a no win situation on this one.

 

If one certain member who is supposed to retire is still on the school board when this is decided, Wright will get it. If he is gone, who knows.

 

Personally, I really don't see the need for this position. 1 AD at each high school is sufficient IMHO. It almost looks like Laurel County is just looking for ways to spend more money, .... and this at a time where they telling coaches and teams to reduce travel due to the increase expenses. Some teams have been told not to schedule any opponent more than 50 miles from their school.

 

However, I do believe that either Durham or Wright could do a very good job. I also believe both would attempt to be fair and equitable to both sides of the county.

Edited by MountainThunder

I will be shocked if Durham does not get it.

 

You might be shocked then.

If Wright takes the AD job, then who gets the BBall job? Brad Sizemore is the name I keep hearing as the next coach at SL when the time comes.

Brad Sizemore hasn't finished college yet, besides coach Wright will not step down as head coach with son on the team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.