South Laurel 2008/2009

I think Corbin SHOULD be the favorite, but until the Hounds learn how to hit free throws, and hold onto their composure and fourth quarter leads against South, I won't argue removing South from the top spot.

I think Corbin has a nice team, but South Laurel has Steve Wright on the sideline and that = wins no matter who should win SLHS will find it's way back to Rupp in 2009.

• 3 weeks later...
Find a way to replace Bortnem. They will have to be extremely patient this year and find a way to St. John the ball as much as possible.

That is the key and it is much easier said than done. Gilbert will have to really step up this season and be the PG that he can be. Bortnem did it all for the Cardinals and will be very hard to replace. Watkins will also need to continue his improvement. It will be tough to get back to Rupp this year with Corbin returning everyone.

I believe there is a Wright on the roster for the Cardinals. I believe he is a junior this year. Is this a son of Coach Wright's???

Yes. Doesn't have the natural athletic ability, but man oh man, ... he gives 110% of everything he has when he is on the floor. He also has an excellent outside shot. Great kid as well.

Yes. Doesn't have the natural athletic ability, but man oh man, ... he gives 110% of everything he has when he is on the floor. He also has an excellent outside shot. Great kid as well.

Great to hear!!!

is Steve Wright still being considered for the "county wide athletic director job"? I don't know when they are supposed to make a decision on that but I remember reading an article in the paper saying he was a possible candidate. Personally I like Wright getting that job over Durham at North

is Steve Wright still being considered for the "county wide athletic director job"? I don't know when they are supposed to make a decision on that but I remember reading an article in the paper saying he was a possible candidate. Personally I like Wright getting that job over Durham at North

I will be shocked if Durham does not get it.

If Wright gets it, noone at North would be happy. If Durham gets it, noone at South would be happy. If they bring someone from outside, nobody from either side of the county is happy. The board is in a no win situation on this one.

If one certain member who is supposed to retire is still on the school board when this is decided, Wright will get it. If he is gone, who knows.

Personally, I really don't see the need for this position. 1 AD at each high school is sufficient IMHO. It almost looks like Laurel County is just looking for ways to spend more money, .... and this at a time where they telling coaches and teams to reduce travel due to the increase expenses. Some teams have been told not to schedule any opponent more than 50 miles from their school.

However, I do believe that either Durham or Wright could do a very good job. I also believe both would attempt to be fair and equitable to both sides of the county.

Edited by MountainThunder