Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 2008/2009

Featured Replies

Any news on the South Laurel AD job, is Steve Wright still being considered?

Any news on the South Laurel AD job, is Steve Wright still being considered?

 

I am not sure that he wants to be the AD and not coach. I was told he requested that the rule be changed so that if he got the job, he could still coach. The rule has now been changed, but not in his favor. You cannot be a head OR an assistant coach now if you are in administration in Laurel County. Also no more split coaches. I think he will still be coaching the Cardinals and that is good news for South Laurel.

What about Jimmy Durham, I know he wanted the job and I think he would do a heck of a job for South and North, however it would be very hard for him to win over the South side of town?

Let's get back to discussing the South Laurel, basketball team and the upcoming season.

Agree--Steve Wright + South Laurel = Wins!

South Laurel once again should be favorite to win the region. They return one of the states premier big men in Matt St. John, as well as one of the top swingmen in the region Zack Smith. They should battle with Corbin for the regions top spot.

South Laurel once again should be favorite to win the region. They return one of the states premier big men in Matt St. John, as well as one of the top swingmen in the region Zack Smith. They should battle with Corbin for the regions top spot.

 

I agree with you on Matt St. John, however I have to disagree with you on the Smith kid. Zack Smith only scored a little over 6 pts per game last season.:confused:

I agree with you on Matt St. John, however I have to disagree with you on the Smith kid. Zack Smith only scored a little over 6 pts per game last season.:confused:

 

If he's the one I'm thinking of, he did play well when I saw South Laurel this summer. He won't be ranked among the best in the region though until he starts putting up numbers during the regular season.

 

I think Corbin has to be ranked first with five starters back, but South will be in the mix, as always.

If he's the one I'm thinking of, he did play well when I saw South Laurel this summer. He won't be ranked among the best in the region though until he starts putting up numbers during the regular season.

 

I think Corbin has to be ranked first with five starters back, but South will be in the mix, as always.

 

I agree with you about Smith, and Corbin being the favorite to win the 13th region. Zack Smith is a very good athlete, but he often play's out of control, however IMHO he would have been an outstanding WR had he continued to play football.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.