Scott County 67 Clark County 64

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark Co literally "threw it away" with several key turnovers in last 2 minutes!

Wow , what a ball game. High school basketball at its best. HUGE crowd.

We did throw some golden opportunities away in the 4th quarter, and missed shots under the basket all during the game. Very physical game. Great come back by GRC when down 8 in the 3rd. Stenzel held us in the game, and huge block and 3 by Daniels. Very proud of the defensive job Stenzel did today. Cory Rogers also did a good job on Euton.

This was a loss but GRC can play with any of the top teams in the state.

Now to get ready for Lexington Catholic on Tuesday.

Yes, Clark can play with anybody in the state but is that good enough. You have to beat the best teams in the state in order to get to play on a Saturday night in March. The boys mental state has to be we can win just not play with them.

We have to get out of the region first, one game at a time.

Don't have stats yet, may not get them till morning.

Yes, Clark can play with anybody in the state but is that good enough. You have to beat the best teams in the state in order to get to play on a Saturday night in March. The boys mental state has to be we can win just not play with them.

GRC may be one more ballhandler away from being able to win the State. If that comes along in the next month then the Cards are gonna be a tough out.

Scott Co. 67 Clark Co. 64

Scott Co. 17 18 13 19 67

Clark Co. 13 13 18 15 64

Scott Co. (15-5) -- Jackson 27, Flannery 6, Guyn 8, Mannign 11, Euton 15.

Clark Co. (18-5) -- Daniel 8, Kindred 2, Stenzel 21, Purvis 5, Zollo 13, Rogers 15

http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/1040329.html?appSession=786133728076527&RecordID=5565&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=

We have to get out of the region first, one game at a time.

Don't have stats yet, may not get them till morning.

I thought you were already out of the region, in the 10th vs 5 thread I could have sworn I seen a statement made.

I REALLY don't understand why GRC doesn't foul with

13 sec to go. Worst case scenario is you're down 3 with the

ball with a chance to tie with about 10 to go. Without

Stentzel you are not in this game, but his 3 turnovers really

hurt GRC. Awesome game, HUGE crowd!! Hated to see GRC lose it! This will only make them better come tournament time! Go CARDS!!!

hurt GRC. Awesome game, HUGE crowd!! Hated to see GRC lose it! This will only make them better come tournament time! Go CARDS!!!

According to the statlink I followed, he had nine for the game. Hard to make up for that!

I thought you were already out of the region, in the 10th vs 5 thread I could have sworn I seen a statement made.

You are WRONG. I never posted that. Here is the thread, check it out:

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=198977

Here is my post:

gold sunrise

image.php?u=4304&dateline=1238322460

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Parker viewpost.gif
Barring any injuries, I would be surprised if someone other than Clark represents the 10th @ Rupp.

Barring any injuries GRC is the favorite to represent the 10th. GRC is the only state ranked team in the 10th at #6 in the state. They have played a very tuff schedule and should be battle tested. We need to take one game at a time and just take care of business.

hurt GRC. Awesome game, HUGE crowd!! Hated to see GRC lose it! This will only make them better come tournament time! Go CARDS!!![/QUOTE]

I agree, the only thing I could see is that Euton had the ball and didn't want to foul him. Double teamed him, but he got the pass out. Agree on making us better.

GS, when I said you in my post were already out of the region, I was referring to the "you" as Clark County. I never said you said anything, but if you go and read the thread, there is a post that has Clark already in the second round of the Sweet 16 as long as they take care of business. Hope that clears up the misunderstanding. :popcorn: