Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Barbourville 83 Lynn Camp 57

Featured Replies

final

Man .... big win for Barbourville. That district and the 13th Region All 'A' is up for grabs.

Man .... big win for Barbourville. That district and the 13th Region All 'A' is up for grabs.

 

 

 

Just like you said.

 

Lynn Camp struggles with consistency.

 

How do you beat Knox Central by 20 and lose to Barbourville by 26.

Lynn Camp has the talent, but just can't follow up a big win with another win.

Does this mean Barbourville beats Knox Central by 46 when they play? The way this district is going it wouldn't suprise me to see KC win. After watching LC take apart KC and reading your very nice article on LC, Les, I really thought LC would would beat the Tigers in a game much like the KC one, not get took down hard. Year in and year out Dinky Phipps gets more out of less talent than the majority of coaches in the state. Will Bville move into the top ten now?

I had Barbourville winning this one by 15-20. Phipps always gets more from the talent he has than any other coach.

I had Barbourville winning this one by 15-20. Phipps always gets more from the talent he has than any other coach.

Wow if thats the case you need to go to Vegas while your hot:scared: after the way the KC game went I felt Lynn Camp had to be the favorite over B'ville. Looks like LC's defense is still a work in progess.

Man .... big win for Barbourville. That district and the 13th Region All 'A' is up for grabs.

 

I think so too. This district is up for grabs too.

Just like you said.

 

Lynn Camp struggles with consistency.

 

How do you beat Knox Central by 20 and lose to Barbourville by 26.

 

Lynn Camp has no discipline, whatsoever, and that leads to inconsistent play.

 

I called this game, BTW. Didn't think the Wildcats could handle the win over Knox.

I had Barbourville winning this one by 15-20. Phipps always gets more from the talent he has than any other coach.

 

It's always nice to say you have someone winning by a so-and-so margin after the game is played. By the way, I picked the Jets to beat Baltimore in Super Bowl III, 16-7.:sssh:

Wow if thats the case you need to go to Vegas while your hot:scared: after the way the KC game went I felt Lynn Camp had to be the favorite over B'ville. Looks like LC's defense is still a work in progess.

 

This one was a strong gut feeling. Maybe it was just the Taco Bell I had eaten. More likely it was the Camp's lack of consistency, their propensity for undisciplined play, and Phipp's ability to maximize his teams' potential and his uncanny ability to knock a "favorite" off of their high horse when they come to Barbourville. This one was an easy pick, though I thought it would be 16, not 26.

This one was a strong gut feeling. Maybe it was just the Taco Bell I had eaten. More likely it was the Camp's lack of consistency, their propensity for undisciplined play, and Phipp's ability to maximize his teams' potential and his uncanny ability to knock a "favorite" off of their high horse when they come to Barbourville. This one was an easy pick, though I thought it would be 16, not 26.

 

Yeah, I'll wait and pick a winner after the game is over and pat myself on the back, too.

I know Phipps. He believed they would win. I believe him. I DIDN'T believe Lynn Camp is a top five just because of a win over a mediocre KC team.Again, easy call.

I had Barbourville winning this one by 15-20. Phipps always gets more from the talent he has than any other coach.

 

 

 

Dinky is a great coach, but he doesn't ALWAYS get more from the talent he has. He actually does better when he doesn't have quite as much talent. Barbourville had one of the top two or three teams in the region for several years in the 90s and didn't get anywhere.

Maybe math man needs to pack a taco bell picnic lunch and take his predictions to Las Vegas since he's so smart and invite coach Phipps as a special guest since he's so smitten with every word that is spoken. Must have a sore nerve at the camp to post three times on the subject each one more derogitory than the first. Just like HDE nothing positive all negative. See you at the region mouthman!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.