Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan
-
Top 5 Coaches in the 16th Region (part 2)
I never said East didn't have talent, but Billy G has yet to show up at the Harold L Holbrook Athletic Complex East to watch them play! And, to my knowledge, none of them have been invited to UK's campus to watch Midnight Madness or anything else for that matter. How many legitimate D1 players do you see on East's roster??
-
Morgan Co. 58 Elliott Co. 48
Nets, I was wondering if you felt there was enough space for everyone last night. It was tight, I know, but did anyone not get in and find a place to watch the game?
-
Raceland 55 Lewis 51
Fair enough. I just hate to hear officials get bashed. Lord knows I wouldn't do what they do for $55. You have your opinion, I have mine. We can agree to disagree on this one, I hope.
-
Top 5 Coaches in the 16th Region (part 2)
Listen to a ball game and then say I am a HOMER. Anyone who knows me, knows that this statement is not true.
-
Top 5 Coaches in the 16th Region (part 2)
I honestly think Baker is the best coach in the region. I knew putting him number 1 would make people think that, but I really believe it. For Spindoc, Coach Fraley is a great guy and has done a fine job at RH this season. I just don't think he is a better coach than the other guys listed. Same with Rick Mays, RH and Elliott are doing a lot of what they do because of incredible talent. Sometimes a lot of talent is hard to coach, making people happy with PT and such, but I think you could win a few ball games with the talent RH has this season. I am not taking away anything from Coach Fraley or Coach Mays, this is just my opinion. They are both fine people and good coaches, just not in the top 5 in my very humble opinion.
-
Top 5 Coaches in the 16th Region (part 2)
Trying to stay objective here, given that I broadcast games and have some close ties to the coaches in this region. If we are talking strictly this year and we are talking about coaching what you have and results, I would go with: 1. Brandon Baker --Good talent, has won 22 ball games, great game coach 2. Rex Cooksey -- Good staff who knows the game, great motivator 3. Scott Floyd -- Has done a lot in first year with decent talent 4. Jeremy Webb -- NOBODY thought the Comets would win 19 ball games this year! 5. Jim Hicks -- 2 great players, motivated them to a pretty good season. Go ahead, throw the darts. I can take it.
-
Coach Watching?
Jeff Brown -- Morgan Co Merle Kidwell -- Russell
-
Raceland 55 Lewis 51
Boss, what is your beef with the officials?
-
Rose Hill 72 Boyd Co 53
Perhaps that was by choice????
-
16th Region Tournament
That is determined by when the State tourneys are held. The girls are first again this year.
-
16th Region Tournament
Girls will play first round March 3 & 4 Boys first round March 5 & 6 Girls Semi-Finals March 7th Boys Semi-Finals March 8 (Afternoon) Girls Finals-March 8 (evening) Boys Finals March 10 At least that is what the AD's voted on earlier in the season. The rub for this year is that MSU might be hosting a first round OVC game on March 4. If that happens, they will have to find another place to play the girls first round. It has been said they are going to play all first round games at Weatherby.
-
Raceland 55 Lewis 51
I was told the T was not on Coach Floyd but an assistant on the bench.
-
Rose Hill 72 Boyd Co 53
Don, has the hair fallen into your eyes? Joe is an outstanding official and will be officiating the Boys state tourney!! Only in America can a person hide behind a computer screen and rip on people doing their job.
-
Rose Hill 72 Boyd Co 53
Cart before the horse syndrome.
-
East Carter vs Elliott Co.
Friday night at 7pm. We've got it on the radio (102.3fm) and online wgohwugo.com
-
East Carter vs Elliott Co.
This could be one of the best district tournament match-ups of the year. The last time these 2 teams met in Sandy Hook, it was a one point ball game. I look for an outstanding game!
-
Updating stats
It would sure help us radio guys as well, wouldn't it?
-
Radio or Webcasts of Girls Basketball Games:
I appreciate the kind words. We do what we do for the kids, money plays very little role in what we do for the schools. We are also fortunate in the fact that we are locally owned and operated. Many stations these days are part of a large radio company whose headquarters are hundreds of miles away and care very little about the community and localism.
-
Elliott Co. 68 Morgan Co. 52
You are quite welcome shooter. This was a 10 point game at the half. Elliott had a big 3rd quarter and stretched the lead to 20. Morgan tried to slow the ball down early and it just didn't work very well. Elliott's defense is incredible.
-
Radio or Webcasts of Girls Basketball Games:
It all boils down to money. Many advertisers don't see the value of girls basketball and many radio stations won't do a game if they don't make good money at it. We do East and West Carter girls basketball and generally don't have any problem selling the games out. But Carter Co is rare exception.
-
East Carter 55 West Carter 45
East was collapsing very hard on Barker. The 3 ball was wide open all night. I think Webb was banking on 3 or 4 more going. As said earlier, you live and die by the 3 sometimes, and that was West Carter's game plan. I just can't fault Coach Webb for that. Coaches get way too little credit for wins and way too much fault for losses. East had a good game plan, they have the better team and I will agree that Kyle Bair has come a long way in learning the point guard position. He is going to have to do it again Friday night, because Elliott will be riding him like a Walmart pony all night long. He will be pressured and I think he has grown up enough to handle that pressure. Should be a good one in Sandy Hook Friday night!
-
Elliott Co. 68 Morgan Co. 52
Elliott Ev Faulkner 22 Ferguson 16 Et Faulkner 10 C Knipp 10 T Knipp 7 Maynard 3 Morgan Ferguson 14 Fyffe 13 Dunn 8 Barnett 8 Smith 6 Adkins 3
-
Morgan Co. 58 Elliott Co. 48
Morgan: Eagles 18 Fugate 16 Hembree 15 Slone 5 Kelly 4 Elliott: Griffith 19 S Ferguson 9 K Ferguson 8 Adkins 6 Ison 5 Fannin 1
-
Morgan Co. 58 Elliott Co. 48
Final. Stats to follow.
-
East Carter 55 West Carter 45
Jeremy Webb is a fine coach!! The Comets shot 1 of 17 from 3 point land and many were WIDE open looks. The Raiders were sagging on Barker, triple teaming him at times! Coach Webb can't get out there and shoot if for them. I find it hard to believe that a team that wins 19 ball games didn't have a pretty darn good coach. This wasn't the most talented team in the region, but they found ways to win and Coach Webb needs some credit for that!