Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan
-
Ashland 51 Bath Co. 46 (16th region, 1st rd.)
Couldn't stand not knowing: Most rebounds in a game is 25 set by James Gallion of Russell verses Olive Hill on March 7, 1957. Actually 21 is not even in the top 5. Phil Pratt of Boyd Co grabbed 24 vs McKell on March 7, 1973.
-
Ashland 51 Bath Co. 46 (16th region, 1st rd.)
I have a tourney record book around the office here somewhere. I will try to look that up for you TOMORROW! I still have a sports report to write and record for the morning and then be back here EARLY!! I love this week every year, but wears me out!!
-
Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28
Thanks Wireman, I truly meant no harm to anyone with that comment. Many basketball people knew what I meant and some basketball people didn't. I have nothing else to say on the matter. It has made me sick that I might have hurt others feelings over what I thought was an accurate commentary on a game with 45 turnovers and poor shooting. As I said earlier, I would never intentionally single out any team or player (and I haven't). I have said my peace on this particular thread, I have apologized over and over and now I am done. Good luck to my good friends Scott Tackett and Jeff Brown Friday night and both teams. I hope it is as good of a game that I think it has potential to be!
-
Ashland 51 Bath Co. 46 (16th region, 1st rd.)
Ashland Coleman 12 Bonner 11 (and 11 boards) Johnson 9 Skaggs 8 Thomas 7 Bowling 4 Ashland was 13/47 from field 27.7% (16.7% from 3 point land) Bath Co Clemons 21 Maze 12 Metz 9 (21 rebounds) Mabry 4 Bath shot 30.6% (19/62) from field (1 of 10 from 3 point land)
-
East Carter 68 Raceland 42 (16th Region 1st Round)
East Carter Johson 25 points (9 of 10 from field--2 of 2 3 pointers 5 of 5 from the line) Bair 15 points (4 of 7 from field - 6 of 8 FT) Jackson 9 points Kawada 6 points Sagraves 5 points Pemberton 4 points (9 rebounds) Barnhill 4 points (7 rebounds) East shot 51.1% from the field Raceland Boyles 14 points (7 rebounds) Sparks 9 points Nichols 6 points (all FT 6 of 10) Dillon 4 points Logan 3 points Barker 2 points Tolliver 2 points Raceland shot 24.0% from the field (17.6% 3 pointers)
-
Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28
Thanks again and if the Lady Vikings hold that trophy high, I will be the first one to shake Scott Tackett's hand and I suspect a big hug will be given as well. Scott and I are very close and he knows I wouldn't hurt his girls for anything.
-
Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28
I appreciate the kind words in your post. Again, I never intended to hurt anyone's feelings with my post. If anyone took offense, I apologize. I wasn't trying to degrade the teams or their effort. Anyone who really knows me knows that I am all about the kids. Again, I am sorry if anyone took my post the wrong way or was offended.
-
Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28
I was not knocking either team at all. The game as UGLY! I was not speaking negatively about either team, just that it was a sloppy game with all the physical play, turnovers, etc. If this game had been played between East and West and there were 40+ turnovers and shooting percentages below 35%, it would still be ugly! You read way too much into my post. I was, in no way, putting down the kids or the coaches. I am very good friends with both coaches and I am not, in any way, judging them or their teams. It was a sloppy game. I don't see the rudeness at all in that statement. Apparently you don't know me as well as you think you do.
-
Morgan Co. 33 Russell 31 / 16th Region 1st round
It was all camera angle my friend!
-
Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28
I am curious as well??????
-
Morgan Co. 33 Russell 31 / 16th Region 1st round
I think if you read the post again it was said that she was one of the all time CLUTCH performers. Nothing was said that she was one of the best ever. Although she very well may be, I am not a Russell girls basketball historian by any stretch. I do remember one clutch shot she made in the regional tournament against West Carter (I believe it was in 2005).
-
Rose Hill vs Rowan Co. Predictions (16th Region)
Rowan and Rose Hill played on December 20, 2005 Rowan won the game 72--59
-
Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28
Yes, they did.
-
Officials Switching at Region Games
You are correct!
-
Morgan Co. 33 Russell 31 / 16th Region 1st round
Thanks for the kind words and it sure may have helped if there were others on the line. Tough situation, I sure wouldn't want have been there!!!!
-
Morgan Co. 33 Russell 31 / 16th Region 1st round
I am not sure about the time? It was very close, maybe a few tenths of a second, but I really don't know. As far as the fans running the length to get behind the backboard: poor judgement, but most of them were students just trying to help their team. I though Keith Kappes and the tournament staff acted quickly and appropriately. They moved the fans out of the way and I think a stern warning was given during a meeting in the second game. It was bad for Sam, but I am not sure anything else could have been done, with the exception of time being put back up. It was so close though, that would have been a tough call as to how much time should have been put back up.
-
Radio or Webcasts of Girls Basketball Games:
The entire 16th region tourey (boys and girls) can be heard on 102.3 fm WUGO and online at http://www.wgohwugo.com
-
Morgan Co. 33 Russell 31 / 16th Region 1st round
Morgan Co 28.2% (11 of 39) Russell 31.4% (11 of 35)
-
Coaching Situation at Rowan Co
5 day suspension was up last Wednesday. Coach Zahari was at the draw and he will coach Rowan on Thursday. While a letter of resignation may not have been accepted yet, I feel confident that it will. I am not trying to spread a rumor about Coach Daniel. I have great respect for the man and consider him a friend. He made a mistake, haven't we all? My aim was to let people know that Coach Breeden is interested in the job when it becomes open and I am sure it will at some point in the near future.
-
Morgan Co. 33 Russell 31 / 16th Region 1st round
Eagle had 12 points and 5 steals. The big key tonight was the fact that Morgan Co had 19 points off turnovers compared to 3 for Russell.
-
Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28
This game could have been played at Rupp Arena and been sloppy!!
-
Morgan Co. 33 Russell 31 / 16th Region 1st round
Just a pure athlete is Leslie Eagle. I dare say, at the risk of getting ridiculed by some, the best pure athlete in the girls 16th region. There are a couple out there who might be a better player (and I am not sure there are) but for shear athleticism, she's the best.
-
Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28
If you were there, you know what I say is true Dad!!!
-
Morgan Co. 33 Russell 31 / 16th Region 1st round
Felt really bad for Samantha tonight. Toughest of all situations and then add the drama surrounding it with the officials taking their sweet time to determine if time should be put back on the clock and the other junk going on. Then the Morgan Co fans running the length of the floor trying to get in the background before Sparks had to shoot and Keith Kappes running them off. It must have taken a good 5 minutes after the foul occurred that she finally got to shoot. No wonder she missed the free throws. Samantha is a GREAT kid and I agree with Dad, she has nothing to be ashamed of and should hold her head high! With that said, congrats to Coach Brown. A great guy who has turned the Morgan Co program around in a very short period of time.
-
Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28
Quite possibly the ugliest game I have ever witnessed. Sloppy, physical, poor shooting, Morehead could be renamed Turnover City after this game. I didn't think it would EVER end. I felt like just telling jokes or singing for the last quarter. Jim Forrest and I were talking to each other during the game and he is on another radio station!! It was really terrible. If I had paid to see this one, I would have asked for my money back.