Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan
-
Rose Hill vs Elliott Co. predictions
In checking with my rules source, that is not legal. Only rostered players may practice.
-
Rose Hill vs Elliott Co. predictions
I am just playing around Wire! I look for 2 very good games tonight!
-
Breathitt Co. 56 Knott Co. 35
Presents a pretty good first round matchup with Rowan Co!
-
Ashland-East Carter predictions and thoughts?
Conditioning will not be a factor in this game.
-
Rowan County 54 Ashland 52 (16th Region Championship)
That's a good one, can I use it??? I have said when someone went into the lane out of control and committed a charge "he looked like Jr Samples heading for a buffet"
-
Rose Hill vs Elliott Co. predictions
That was not the intention of my post. Just for information purposes only.
-
Rowan County 54 Ashland 52 (16th Region Championship)
My other "cool" reference is "cool as the center seed of a cucumber". I have fun with those "sayings". Spindoc keeps a journal I think.
-
Rose Hill vs Elliott Co. predictions
I thought I would post some game notes that we will use tonight concerning this game: The Elliott Co Lions are the defending 16th Region champions. The Lions defeated Boyd, Russell and Ashland last year on the road to the Sweet 16. Elliott Co is making its 14th appearance in the 16th Region Tournament. Overall the Lions are 7-12 in regional tournament play. They have one region title (07) and one region runner up (06). Elliott Co is 2-1 in semi-final games. Rose Hill is making its 3rd appearance in the tournament. Overall the Royals are 6-1 in regional tournament play. They won the 16th region crown in 2003 and were runners up in 2002. Rose Hill is 2-0 semi-final games. Elliott Co and Rose Hill have never met in the regional tournament. Elliott Co has only lost to one region opponent in the 2007-08 season and that was to Rose Hill in the All A Classic 16th Region semi-finals at Bath Co. The Royals won that game 62-55 on January 21st. Rose Hill has only lost to one region opponent and that was Bath Co in the finals of the David Garnes Tournament 64-46 at Rose Hill on December 22nd. This game features 2 regional tournament MVP’s. Both from Elliott Co.: Jonathan Ferguson (06) and Ethan Faulkner (07). It also features 2 other All Tournament Team selections: Timmy Knipp and Evan Faulkner.
-
Rowan County 54 Ashland 52 (16th Region Championship)
????? State tournament has not been changed to my knowledge!!
-
Ashland-East Carter predictions and thoughts?
I thought I might post some interesting facts about this game: Ashland is the most successful program in region history. Since 1920 the Tomcats have won 32 region championships and been runners up 17 times. (Ashland was a part of the 15th region for much of this time) In what is considered the “modern era” of the 16th region (since 1937)-Ashland is making their 62nd appearance in the tourney and has won 20 regional titles (most recent was in 2002) and 17 runners up. Overall Ashland is 108-41 in the 16th Region tournament. The Tomcats are 37-13 in semi-final play. East Carter is making their 27th appearance in the 16th region tournament. Overall the Raiders are 17-25 in the tournament. East has 1 regional title (1986) and have been runners up 4 times. Overall East is 5-5 in semi-final games. Ashland bounced East Carter from the tournament last year in the semi-finals 51-46. The 2 teams played once during the regular season on January 29th, East won that game 62-56. East and Ashland met for the first time in the region tournament on March 8, 1973 and the Tomcats beat the Raiders 83-57. East and Ashland have played 6 times in the 16th region tournament, Ashland has won 5 of those meetings. East’s only win came in 1990 in the first round. This game features 3 former All-Tournament team selections: Matt Thomas, Ryan Bonner and Drew Johnson. (Coach Brandon Baker was an All-Tourney team selection in 1986 and 88).
-
Rose Hill vs Elliott Co. predictions
Thanks Liberty!!! We love what we do, it's all about the kids!!
-
Directions to Diddle Arena!
If you live near Jackson, take 15 south to Hal Rogers Parkway then 65 South.
-
Directions to Diddle Arena!
Try going here: http://www.wku.edu/visitors.html
-
Rose Hill vs Elliott Co. predictions
Thanks for advertisement!
-
Ashland-East Carter predictions and thoughts?
There is no question in my mind that East has more talent than Ashland. And, on paper, East wins this game easily. But games like this often boil down to confidence and I don't know if there is a team more confident right now than Ashland. East should win and I think they will, but I don't see a blowout. The Ashland jersey is worth 6-8 points. Should be a fun one to watch (and listen to if you can't be there!)
-
Rowan County 54 Ashland 52 (16th Region Championship)
All Tourney Team Keeton --Raceland Stevens -- WC Sparks -- RU Eagle and Dulen -- MC Kissinger, Spurlock, Brockman --RC Wilcox, Ward, Straight -- ASH Defensive Player of Tourney -- Spurlock Tournament MVP -- Riddle Team Sportsmanship Award -- Bath Co
-
Rowan County 54 Ashland 52 (16th Region Championship)
Rowan Co Riddle 22 points (tourney MVP) Brockman 15 Spurlock 9 Kissinger 4 Martin 2 Barr 2 Shooting 21 of 55 38.2% (2 of 14 3pt) FT 10-20 Ashland Wilcox 14 Straight 14 Ward 12 Dietrich 5 Farrow 5 Hanners 2 Shooting: 15-31 (48.4%) 9 of 15 3 pt -- FT 13 of 17
-
Rowan County 54 Ashland 52 (16th Region Championship)
Thanks, I liked that one myself.
-
Rose Hill vs Elliott Co. predictions
What hair???
-
16th Region Tournament Attendance
East Carter had a pretty good crowd there last night. But overall, I think the attendance was down. Elliott Co will bring the entire town of Sandy Hook this evening and Rowan could have a decent crowd due in large part to proximity. I am not sure about RH and Greenup's crowd. RH had a pretty decent crowd at the All-A and Greenup generally has a pretty good following.
-
Coaching Situation at Rowan Co
Coach Don Daniel is a class act and he made a mistake. I really wish there was some way he could be back on the sidelines next season! He is intense for sure, and a great coach who made a bad mistake.
-
16th Region Tournament Officiating
$65 per game and 30 cents per mile.
-
16th Region Tournament Officiating
Was this a boys game? If so, I would think the female you are talking about is Marla Gearhart. She will be working the boys state tournament this year. She is very good. The other two, I don't know who called up there last night, but might be able to find out.
-
16th Region Tournament Officiating
I know you guys get tired of hearing me take up for officials. But I have a great deal of respect for what they do. That being said, I thought the first round of the boys 16th region was well offciated by the 9th region guys. I will never say they did a better job than did our 16th region officials, but I think they are very comparable. They called the game in much the same fashion as do our local guys. I think those guys did a fine job last night! It was very good to see quality like Charlie Chappie out there as well. Charlie may not be a spring chicken, but he is still very sharp, moves pretty good, knows the game well and, in my opinon, is one of the best officials in the state. I know some of you know I ripped on the girls officiating in the first round, and I really think we have officials who could have done a better job in the girls tourney. There are a couple of officials on the girls side who I think do a great job (O'Hara and Pouncey), the others are just not very consistent in their calls. Not saying they don't know the game, they are just very inconsistent, which I really can't stand. OK, beat me up and tell me how bad all these officials really are!
-
Rowan Co. VS Morgan Co. predictions
Raceland may have something to say about that