Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan
-
A royal prayer.
Prayers are going up in Carter Co for this young man!
-
Don Daniel Resigns?
What he said!!!!:thumb:
-
Russell's Coach Dodd Resigns?
5 main schools? Main in what way other than size???
-
Greenup Co. 13 East Carter 2
Game was at Greenup.
-
Don Daniel Resigns?
I think he might for the right boys job.
-
Don Daniel Resigns?
An outstanding coach!!!
-
Don Daniel Resigns?
Has already been hashed on another thread. Not going to go there.
-
Don Daniel Resigns?
He's a proven winner, if he applied, it would be hard to not hire him. I just don't see it. I also heard at the state tourney that M Perry might be interested. That would be hard for me to believe knowing the history of Rowan and Morgan a few years ago. But if Al Holland can go to his rival school, I guess Perry can as well.
-
Don Daniel Resigns?
I heard that name bounced around at the regional tourney. But at the state tourney, it was pretty well established that Coach Breeden is happy at Owensboro, has recently built a house and is not seeking another job at this point.
-
Coach Henley and the Bulldogs!!
I worked the state tourney on the air this year and it was the first time I had the opportunity to spend any time with Coach Henley. I must say I found him to be a very personable and intelligent man. Very professional and a darn good coach. Holmes should be very proud of his integrity and the way he represented the school at Rupp.
-
Don Daniel Resigns?
In another thread, it was stated that Don Daniel officially resigned Tuesday as the head coach at Rowan Co. Can anyone confirm this? I really hate to see Coach Daniel go. I have had the opportunity to work with him several times at games and in the EKC. He was (and is) a class act. He just made a mistake at the wrong place at the wrong time. If he has resigned, who will be on the list to replace Coach Daniel? I would think Scott Tackett would be at the top of that list.
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
When some of the RH insiders listed next year's roster, they left Barber off. I don't personally know if he is leaving the school or not, but find it interesting. I really like the Barber kid! He was a very under rated player on RH team and contributed a lot, especially those things that don't show up in the box score (hustle, court vision, basketball intelligence, etc.)
-
Bottoms Resigns
It is a sad comment on today's society, but parents are often WAY TOO INVOLVED in athletics. I am all for a parent getting involved in their child's education and, to an extent, their athletics, but it is quite often the norm and no longer the exception to the rule, that parents have run off good quality men and women. When I was a kid, my dad may not have liked who the coach was playing or what offense he ran, but he recognized that it was the coach's job to make those determinations. There are many school systems who suffer because administration has no backbone to suport the coaches and bow, quite often, to the pressures of parents. I have no direct knowledge of this situation, but have seen in all too often in high schools across the state.
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
You should, it's yours!!!!!!!:thumb:
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
You may be right. Those are names that I have been told are being considered. I have learned working in sports in this area, that anything can happen and rumors are as wild as a Dick Fick highlight video.
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
I don't think anyone on here really knows who the next coach is going to be. From what I have been told from a couple of people close to the RH program (and yes I have friends at RH) Barnes (Ty and/or Chris), VanHoose (I understand is back in the picture) and Bush. Those, I have been told, have either shown interest in the job or RH has interest in them. Again, I don't pretend to know who it will be, but would be shocked if not one of the above mentioned.
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
I am not a Rose Hill historian, but I seem to remember a Craig or Greg Page being there in mid to late 90's, Ron Reed was there for a while, a Polley (sp) was there in the early 2000's, Jeff Hall and then Fraley came along in (I think) the 2003-04 season. I may be VERY wrong about all of this, but I am pretty sure about at least some of the guys listed.
-
Russell's Coach Dodd Resigns?
Amen to that! Sam Sparks is a class act all the way and will do what is best for Russell! That I will guarantee.
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
Lots of "coaching problems" at GC recently. But I foresee a lot of people applying for the Greenup Co job. Fraley will have company if he applies.
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
I have heard today that the name from the Big Sandy area that I had connected recently with the RH job may not actually be interested. A source close to the program did tell me that someone who interviewed for a teacher job recently at the school may be interested however.
-
State Tournament Officials!
Would any of you guys like some cheese with all the "whine" in here? The games were called consistently by men who do their best. If I am not mistaken, 12 or 13 of the men who called the state tourney this year also call college games. Get off their backs! There were a few questionable calls in this tourney, but none of them changed the outcome of any games!
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
This might be the biggest joke I have ever read on BGP! TOO FUNNY!!:laugh: The part about Charlie Baker coaching at Rose Hill that is.
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
You said that, I didn't.:thumb:
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
I have not heard of any, at least on the boys team. I have heard a player or 2 from the girl's team might be leaving with the departure of Coach Pam Euton.
-
Rose Hill Coach Resigned?
I don't have any confirmation of the name I have heard, so I don't feel right saying it right now. But let's just say he is from the Big Sandy area.