Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

highschoolsportsfan

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan

  1. Something that makes it even easier is that the dates are the SAME every summer, starting June 25 through the END of July 9 every year!!
  2. Your child will be eligible, the school does not even have to fill out transfer papers on an 8th graders transferring into a high school, doesn't matter where they have played varsity sports or not. The new by-law change is still being debated and may never go into effect, trust me, I checked with an AD that I always check with on rules questions!
  3. Can't beat the hospitality room at the Commercial Bank Queen of the Bluegrass, just ask any of the coaches that have been there!!!
  4. East Carter vs Russell tonight will be on WUGO 102.3 fm and online at wgohwugo.com
  5. I thought we might start this thread to let people know where they might be able to hear some high school baseball. We will be carrying the entire 62nd District tourney on WUGO 102.3fm radio and on our online channel wgohwugo.com Anyone else know of other webcasts, please post them here.
  6. If that is the case, maybe that ONE person needs to find another job! I don't think a quality administrator can be "prodded", "ordered" or "influenced" into making a hire that they don't agree with. Maybe "A" person has seemingly (in your opinion) wronged you or one of your friends in the past and you see things through slightly (or not so slightly) tinted glasses.
  7. Hey Bobby, How is Jim Lindsey working out? I know he went through a rough time there with his solo career, but last I heard, he was back with your band. He sure can tear it up on that guitar!
  8. Not jumping to conclusions. I know exactly who your "A" person is. I was just saying that ONE person makes the decision. He/She will have plenty of input from others, but, ultimately, ONE person makes the decision. By the way, thanks for the compliment and I enjoy "most" of your posts as well!
  9. I have no dog in this fight, but, like it or not, one person is responsible for hiring the coach. Others will have input, but ONE person or "A" person is THE person who makes the final decision. There is not a democracy when it comes to the hiring for this position.
  10. I understand that, but just having a talented team does not insure a successful program. When the Faulkner's left, everyone said Russell was doomed, but they kept right on winning. I liked Merle's team this year, but it wasn't the most talented bunch he has had. He still won 17 ball games. Not bad with what he had.
  11. I don't know where he got it, but the new AD may be the new head coach!! Is that possible RickyP??
  12. How much coaching experience does Cassity have? Just asking!! I have no dog in this fight, just would like to know the extent of his coaching experience. I have no idea what he has done.
  13. Who will name the AD? Any idea who that might be???
  14. I know he has applied for a couple of jobs, but have not heard where he might land. Hopefully on his feet, Coach Daniel is a great coach and needs to be on the sideline somewhere.
  15. I apologize for not getting this on earlier, but, East Carter's Drew Johnson will be playing basketball at Thomas More College this fall. Drew signed a letter of intent Tuesday afternoon. Congrats to Drew and good luck to Coach Ellenwood and the Saints this season.
  16. Anything is possible. They haven't had to hire a boys basketball coach in quite some time. They have hired a girls coach and football coach recently, but Don Daniel has been there for several years (14 I think, but not sure). Maybe they are just being very cautious concerning this hire.
  17. Whoever gets the job, they will have some big shoes to fill. Coach Kidwell elevated the Russell program to one of the premiere in the area.
  18. I talked with Coach Dodd shortly after he resigned from Russell and he told me he would like to get back into coaching at the college level.
  19. No news that I can find coming out of Rowan Co. The last I heard, there were 12 applicants for the job that were being considered. Would probably take quite some time to sift through all those applications and check references. I have not heard if they are going to interview all of them, but if they do, that process could take a very long time. My personal opinion is that the RC admin needs to get this done soon. Summer ball will be here very soon and many schools have already started "open gym". I have heard a few more of the names that have been bounced around, but am still hearing that Coach Thacker from Somerset is the front runner.
  20. I also have heard several names, Horne, Bryan and Morris have been mentioned. I have also heard that if a job is open for a current referee there may be a spot open for him. He also applied for the head coaching job.
  21. I think she is referring to the fact that I called Merle the new "Skipper" which is a sports term often used in reference to a head coach.
  22. That remains to be seen. Would you like to be Mary Ann or Ginger?
  23. Congrats to my good buddy! He will do a fantastic job!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.