Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rowan Co. Coach?

Featured Replies

Any word on who the next coach is going to be???

  • Replies 47
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody heard any names? I heard Hatcher a few weeks ago, but nothing since. They should go after somebody with local ties but outside county, like a Jay Fite, Chris Trusty, Nathan Sutton, Jason Smith, etc. Maybe a Mason Co. assistant.

Has anybody heard any names? I heard Hatcher a few weeks ago, but nothing since. They should go after somebody with local ties but outside county, like a Jay Fite, Chris Trusty, Nathan Sutton, Jason Smith, etc. Maybe a Mason Co. assistant.

 

Trusty may be worth a look. He almost got the Fleming job a few years back.

Is his AD considered administrative? If not maybe a little $$$ could move him down the road.

I know a former player from Rowan Co. has applied. Stokes is his last name.

I would love to see Chris Trusty get a shot! He would do a fantastic job!! I have heard several names bounced around and his name is one of them. I have also heard Zaheri, Matthew Perry, Scott Tackett, Alan Hatcher. Another source tells me Somerset Coach Shawn Thacker might be interested as well as Greg Coldiron.

I know a former player from Rowan Co. has applied. Stokes is his last name.

 

Matt Stokes?

Matt Stokes?

 

I think that's his first name. I think he's employed at McNabb Middle School in Montgomery Co. right now.

I would love to see Chris Trusty get a shot! He would do a fantastic job!! I have heard several names bounced around and his name is one of them. I have also heard Zaheri, Matthew Perry, Scott Tackett, Alan Hatcher. Another source tells me Somerset Coach Shawn Thacker might be interested as well as Greg Coldiron.

 

 

Goradio who do you think is the front runner and what kind of coach does Rowan Co need to be competitive?

I think that's his first name. I think he's employed at McNabb Middle School in Montgomery Co. right now.

 

Yeah, that's Matt Stokes. I highly doubt he would get the job.

Goradio who do you think is the front runner and what kind of coach does Rowan Co need to be competitive?

 

I think Thacker is the front runner right now. I would love to see some of the other guys on that list get the job, but it might be best for the Vikings to get some "out of the region" blood in. I don't see Rowan Co being all that strong this year, although I might be surprised. They lose a lot of talent. Then again, maybe it would be best to hire from within. They have a couple of pretty good coaches right there in the system. I have heard a couple of other names that have applied and I think the total is around 12 now. Tough choice for the RC administration!!

Why would Coach Perry leave Morgan Co. for Rowan Co. Does not seem to be a step up to me.

Why would Coach Perry leave Morgan Co. for Rowan Co. Does not seem to be a step up to me.

 

It would be a step up from 2A to 3A, wouldn't it? Is that correct? Rowan County has probably had a little more talent during the past 10 years than Morgan County has. Just my opinion.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.