Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rowan Co. Coach?

Featured Replies

I did not realize that Rowan Co. was a 3A school. I guess the pond would be bigger.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Thacker is the front runner right now. I would love to see some of the other guys on that list get the job, but it might be best for the Vikings to get some "out of the region" blood in. I don't see Rowan Co being all that strong this year, although I might be surprised. They lose a lot of talent. Then again, maybe it would be best to hire from within. They have a couple of pretty good coaches right there in the system. I have heard a couple of other names that have applied and I think the total is around 12 now. Tough choice for the RC administration!!

 

 

I think Thacker would be a good choice, as he has several successful seasons under his belt......I think RC needs an experienced coach steering the ship

Any new information on the next coach or is it hush hush????:sssh:

Haven't heard anything...been rather quite. Maybe GoRadio can give us an update if he has heard anything...

Haven't heard anything...been rather quite. Maybe GoRadio can give us an update if he has heard anything...

 

No news that I can find coming out of Rowan Co. The last I heard, there were 12 applicants for the job that were being considered. Would probably take quite some time to sift through all those applications and check references. I have not heard if they are going to interview all of them, but if they do, that process could take a very long time.

 

My personal opinion is that the RC admin needs to get this done soon. Summer ball will be here very soon and many schools have already started "open gym".

 

I have heard a few more of the names that have been bounced around, but am still hearing that Coach Thacker from Somerset is the front runner.

Perhaps the Vikings already have a coach lined up, but out of respect for the person have chosen to wait until closer to the end of the school year to announce? I have no knowledge about this situation, but that would make sense to me.

Perhaps the Vikings already have a coach lined up, but out of respect for the person have chosen to wait until closer to the end of the school year to announce? I have no knowledge about this situation, but that would make sense to me.

 

Anything is possible. They haven't had to hire a boys basketball coach in quite some time. They have hired a girls coach and football coach recently, but Don Daniel has been there for several years (14 I think, but not sure). Maybe they are just being very cautious concerning this hire.

Anything is possible. They haven't had to hire a boys basketball coach in quite some time. They have hired a girls coach and football coach recently, but Don Daniel has been there for several years (14 I think, but not sure). Maybe they are just being very cautious concerning this hire.

 

Seems like Daniels has been there forever. Any word on what he will be doing now?

Seems like Daniels has been there forever. Any word on what he will be doing now?

 

I know he has applied for a couple of jobs, but have not heard where he might land. Hopefully on his feet, Coach Daniel is a great coach and needs to be on the sideline somewhere.

I know he has applied for a couple of jobs, but have not heard where he might land. Hopefully on his feet, Coach Daniel is a great coach and needs to be on the sideline somewhere.

 

If you hear anything...keep us posted.

Has anyone heard if Rowan Co. had narrowed down there list????

I've heard that there haven't been that many quality applicants.

They had to hire a new football coach for next year, hired a new girls basketball coach this past year & I hear the baseball coach is resigning after this spring. Wow! this administration has been busy.

I understand interviews will start this week, has anyone heard anything else??

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.