Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

highschoolsportsfan

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan

  1. I found it funny how they fought so hard to be EKC champions this year, but dropped out of the conference? I guess it means something now but not in the future? And to my knowledge, no one left the meeting unhappy. Even Raceland and Elliott who dropped out of the conference were complimentary to the conference about how they felt things were run over the years and how they hated to leave but was best for them in their situation with the all-a. Same situation for Bath but they left in a snit! I felt things were done properly given the information that was there to work with.
  2. Actually these 2 teams split during the regular season if I am not mistaken
  3. East Carter, West Carter, Russell, Rowan Co, Morgan Co, Fleming Co and Lewis Co.
  4. This was a statement of fact that was backed up by others at the meeting. In my early dealings with this issue, I was told by Coach Hicks simply that Elliott Co refused to schedule him. He left out the fact that on his schedule in April, he did not have an Elliott Co game and this schedule was apparently passed out to every All-A coaches, including Elliott Co. He did come back and say he tried to schedule Elliott Co later in September, but at that point Rick said his schedule was set. I personally felt I and the Commissioner were mislead by Bath Co to start with because certain facts were withheld.
  5. Again, not sure where you got this information?? Nothing was said at the meeting about what games were counted as losses. Nothing. Every game for every team was discussed in an open meeting and then the committee met alone and made a determination. Nothing was said in the open meeting about wins or losses as far as snowed out games. It was simply stated who the champion and runner up was. That's all. So, again, how can we accept what you say seriously when you weren't there and do not have your fact straight!?
  6. We have an EKC because players need to be recognized for their hard work. The EKC does that, its all about the student athletes. The EKC has a very nice banquet and honors the players for their season. The EKC also has a tradition of competition since 1920 and gives the kids something to play for during the regular season. I guess those who aren't a part of the EKC, just don't understand what its all about. Tradition still means something to some. You were where when Bath tried to reschedule their games? You were at the All-A meeting in April or in Jim Hicks office later in the season? It might be best for you to get your facts straight before accusing people of lying. And again, you have no idea what was said in the open meeting or the committee meeting. I guess 3 coaches got together to conspire against Bath Co and all of them lied about the rescheduling of games? If the EKC has no effect on anything, in your opinion, why are you so worried about what happened and who was crowned champion?
  7. It was a sight to behold for sure! He was not a happy camper!!
  8. First meeting Coach Mays has been to in years. He got pretty vocal in this meeting....talked more in this meeting than I have ever heard him before. He was pretty passionate about someone basically saying something about him that he felt just wasn't true. It got loud a couple of times during and after the meeting.
  9. No coins in the EKC! But this meeting did rival the tension of the 62nd District Tourney meeting! Wish you woulda been there Nets! Would have loved to talked to you a while! See ya tomorrow night??
  10. So you weren't there but you know "100%" what happened. That makes sense. There were only 3 people who even talked about the Elliott/Bath scheduling conflict and NONE of them are a part of the committee. So you are misinformed. This was handled very fairly. Have you ever read the By-Laws of the EKC? Do you even know what the EKC does or what its all about? I seriously doubt it!
  11. I can say that Elliott Co is the EKC Champion, with West Carter second. Bath Co did leave the meeting very unhappy, playing only 6 conference games, losing one of those and still thinking they should have been crowned EKC Champs. Still not sure who the gentleman was that came with Coach Hicks, rather strange practice. But coach Hicks is no stranger to EKC controversy. He drew for the tournament one year while at Greenup and then dropped out of the conference because he drew Russell. That is why Greenup is no longer in the conference. Every All-A team in the conference refused to play in next year's tourney, so they basically chose not to be a member of the conference next year. As far as why a team receives losses for not playing a full compliment of games...those determining factors are spelled out clearly in the EKC By-Laws. The committee met, I will not reveal the deliberations of the committee, but lets just say when we looked at teams who did not play their full compliment of games, one team was a common factor.
  12. AMEN! I have been HIGH SCHOOL games for a long time and we take pride in our broadcasts. We may not be ESPN but the folks in Carter County and the 16th Region sure are appreciative of what we do and how we do it. By the way, the 16th Region charges $100 for the entire tournament (boys and girls) or $35 per game for broadcast rights fees. We do the every game of both tournaments and have had for over 40 years. I feel for the broadcasters of the 10th Region, I am good friends with Danny Weddle, he is a class act!
  13. She was given a college tourney game to officiate I believe. Marla is a quality official!
  14. Thanks for listening btw!! I appreciate that!
  15. West Carter Rayburn 17 BA Oney 6 Logan 5 C Oney 5 Jarrell 4 Puckett 2 Webb 2 Eldridge 2 Rose Hill Gregg 21 Terry 8 K Bush 8 Malloy 7 Kennedy 6 Parsons 4 Turner 2 J Bush 1 RH 7 16 16 18 -- 57 WC 8 20 9 6 -- 43
  16. Gambill did NOT play, in fact the roster I was given had his name crossed out. Not sure why, but I can confirm he didn't play
  17. Checked with my local AD on this, if you're in the 8th grade or below and you play at the high school this does not lock you in at that school. When she enters the 9th grade she can enroll ANYWHERE she wants and be eligible immediately WITHOUT moving. AFTER she enters the 9th grade AND plays in a VARSITY contest then she is locked in to that school and the transfer rules would apply to her.
  18. I watched Valley's first 2 games and Ashland all year long, Valley WAS NOT considerably quicker than Ashland until the dead legs hit on Saturday morning!!
  19. East beat Boyd by 40 + when the Lions had Wilson and Company. I don't think the Lions being at home will help them very much. I see the Raiders winning this one big, but one never knows.
  20. Rowan is a solid ball club. Some might call this an upset, not that big of a shocker to me.
  21. Someone told me this was the 1800th win in Ashland's History. If that is true, quite a feat!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.