Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bottoms Resigns

Featured Replies

  • Replies 65
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sad day for the Boyle County basketball family. We will miss him!

Wow this is a surprise- in the article sounds like parents are running alot of people off at Boyle Co? Also didnt Boyle Co lose to West Jessamine in Region and Somerset beat Wayne Co in region?

He will most definitely be missed. In my opinion, it is not a good look at BC right now. Parents have allegedly ran off three coaches in one year. As a parent of a future Rebel, I must say I am concerned. The parents shouldn't be running any of the sports programs and as long as they continue to, we cannot expect the results that we want to see. The talent is there, but the parents need to leave it up to the coaches as far as how that talent is handled unless the coach crosses the line and I have heard nothing that would indicate that Coach Bottoms crossed the line. I mentioned in a different post about a month ago that a transfer from Danville would be coming to Boyle County next year, but he was coming to play for Coach Bottoms. I'd be surprised I he transfers now and I can hardly blame him. The inmates can no longer run the asylum. I hope the AD and Superintendent can get a grip on things before they get worse.

 

Since they are letting parents make the ultimate decision on pushing the coach out, can I be involved in who they bring in since I am a parent?

It is a sad comment on today's society, but parents are often WAY TOO INVOLVED in athletics. I am all for a parent getting involved in their child's education and, to an extent, their athletics, but it is quite often the norm and no longer the exception to the rule, that parents have run off good quality men and women. When I was a kid, my dad may not have liked who the coach was playing or what offense he ran, but he recognized that it was the coach's job to make those determinations. There are many school systems who suffer because administration has no backbone to suport the coaches and bow, quite often, to the pressures of parents.

 

I have no direct knowledge of this situation, but have seen in all too often in high schools across the state.

Ronnie Bottoms can get a job anywhere in the 12th Region...and beyond. Boyle may well regret this move.

Wow, wonder who the leading candidates will be for this job? Another 12th region coach? Maybe a past player from Boyle? Comments?

Wow, wonder who the leading candidates will be for this job? Another 12th region coach? Maybe a past player from Boyle? Comments?

 

It really does not matter at this point. Unless their are some changes in other areas no good coach in their right mind would want this job.

SCotty Bottoms is a class act and did a great job while he was at Boyle. Went to state once, regional final once, regional semi's twice, good luck to Coach Bottoms at whatever he decides to do. If he wants should be a great coach somewhere else!

SCotty Bottoms is a class act and did a great job while he was at Boyle.

 

I believe you mean Ronnie Bottoms.:thumb:

Lets hope not. One, I hope they don't put him in this situation. And two, we need someone with experience as head coach. He will be a good head coach one day but he is not mature enough to be our head coach. Maybe an assistant for 3 or 4 years for us and then move him up.

Scotty Bottoms was different kind of coach. I think Scotty rubbed some the wrong way and thats was the beginning of the end. The program at Boyle should be strong. Pittman had that program in tip top shape when he left. I heard today that they are getting a short list together that included some current 12th region coaches( maybe the current COY). Anyone heard anything.

Scotty Bottoms was different kind of coach. I think Scotty rubbed some the wrong way and thats was the beginning of the end. The program at Boyle should be strong. Pittman had that program in tip top shape when he left. I heard today that they are getting a short list together that included some current 12th region coaches( maybe the current COY). Anyone heard anything.

 

His name is Ronnie Bottoms. The program right now is in better shape than it has ever been. They went to the region all four years that he was there. They won 3 district titles. He went to two regional finals and went to the state tournament once. They are returning a real good team for 08-09. The feeder program is strong as well. He may have rubbed some parents the wrong way but his kids always played hard for him and they were always a tuff out.

Shawn Thacker might be a person of interest for Boyle position?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.